Skip to content

Atari US files for bankruptcy

2»

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Bhaaldog said:

@Bhaaldog when I noticed you had posted on this topic I fully expected your post to say:

"To end... Like this!?"

Patience dear Bhaalspawn, Atari has yet to end...
    It still needs to be bought out by EA for it to end.

THEN Tables will be thrown.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    deltago said:

Bhaaldog said:

@Bhaaldog when I noticed you had posted on this topic I fully expected your post to say:

"To end... Like this!?"

Patience dear Bhaalspawn, Atari has yet to end...
    It still needs to be bought out by EA for it to end.

THEN Tables will be thrown.

Now I know one of the true signs of the End of the World. Mayan Calendar.... pfffft. :)
  • FentonFenton Member Posts: 38
    Long as it doesn't affect Overhaul games, BG 2 EE and BG EE support I'm fine with it. It is sad though Atari is in Bankruptcy. Hopefully either they back on their feet or the DnD license is put to good use.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited January 2013
    Fenton said:

Long as it doesn't affect Overhaul games, BG 2 EE and BG EE support I'm fine with it. It is sad though Atari is in Bankruptcy. Hopefully either they back on their feet or the DnD license is put to good use.

Atari doesn't have the D&D license. The reason they are involved with these games is because they own the BG1&2 rights.

Edit: Or that's how I remember it anyway. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • SieurdeLaCornbreadSieurdeLaCornbread Member Posts: 21
    Overhaul has done a good job and did not offer us up as sacrifices to the Unholy Bug God. I do not want to see them become victim to an Electronic Artsing. I anticipate seeing what they can do with BG2. Atari needs to go out of business. Adam Smith and Charles Darwin both demand it.

Sieur de La Cornbread
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    Fenton said:

Really NA Atari is doing fine thats part of why they want to split off from the French part. The NA part of the company has been profitable but the money all goes to keep the overall company afloat as the French part is draining all the resources.

• ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    On the one hand, thank God BGEE and BG2EE are safe. wHEW!

On the other, still sad for Atari, "breaking away from the French" or not. The 2600 was the only home console I ever had.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2013
    Well, I guess what I wanted to ask was if the bankruptcy of the American branch of Atari is going to have any affect on the franchise and it enhanced edition or sequel?
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    You know, I like this company more and more. That Trent Oster is willing to comment on something like this is pretty cool -- a lot of times, consumers are left in the dark.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @callimachus -
    None at all, according to Trent. You can find the quote earlier in the thread. Don't know if it's true or just brave words or whatever of course, but it's all we've got at the moment. I also believe Overhaul is Canadian, so they might not even be dealing with this (US) part of Atari.
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    Arcalian said:

On the other, still sad for Atari, "breaking away from the French" or not. The 2600 was the only home console I ever had.

That Atari died a long time ago (shortly after the Atari Jaguar failed, in fact). What you are seeing now is Infogrames parading around while wearing Atari's husk like a Halloween mask.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Arcalian said:

That Atari died a long time ago (shortly after the Atari Jaguar failed, in fact). What you are seeing now is Infogrames parading around while wearing Atari's husk like a Halloween mask.
    It's not even quite that either is it? The mask has been recycled and passed around so many times now it's hard to tell. Remember trying to read up on Atari not too long ago, got a headache :P But yeah. Atari Atari is long gone. RIP.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Was Atari still the original company when the Atari ST computers came out?