Skip to content

Dudleyville:EE?

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
Anyone know who currently holds the keys to Dudleyville these days? I wouldn't mind helping update it for EE, but all e-mails seem to be going into the void.

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The majority of Dudleyville fixes are fixed already or on the tracker. May have missed a few though.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Sorry - to clarify: I was interested in updating the extremely detailed walkthrough.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    I am also interested in this endeavor, set us up a manhunt and we'll find this dudleyvillain!
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2012
    @Balquo

Considering that the dudleyville fixes were abrogated YEARS ago by the G3 fix pack (and anyone who knows anything about BG modding knows that) which was then implemented (supposedly) for BGEE... I really don't see how you could have possibly thought he was referring to that obsolete mod as apposed to the still used and useful website containing the walkthru and the map pics.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    You can find a walkthrough for EE at Gamebanshee; may she guide you well.

http://gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/bgeewalkthrough.php
    @Zafiro, I don't want Gamebanshee! I want Dudleyville! Dudleyville! I have always wondered why they are almost in exactly the same format though - who copied who?
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2013
    Information removed at request of BG Moderator
    Post edited by Arabus13 on
    When I checked, there was a valid e-mail address. I sent a message to that address and got no reply.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    The domain registration may be expired. You could call to see if the domain is available.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Try JCompton at PocketPlane mods since he is hosting Dudleyville.
    That appears to be who I e-mailed, but haven't gotten a response. I'll try to track him down on the forums.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Any news on this? I would love to see someone update Dudleyville for BG:EE as it is hands down the best BG1 walkthrough imo.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Updating that would be awesome. Never liked GameBanshee. Their walktroughs are annoyingly incomplete.
    I'll ping @jcompton again and see if I can get this rolling.
    Anyone know who the author of Dudleyville, known as "PJ" is? I can't find any other info about this person.
    edited January 2013
    Cerevant said:

Anyone know who the author of Dudleyville, known as "PJ" is? I can't find any other info about this person.

Maybe they now at Pocket Plane Group since they maintain the mirror site?

Edit. He wrote to Pocket Plane Group forum under the nickname "PJ Maybe".
    I've tried that route, but I'm getting no response. It occurs to me that unless PJ gave them permission to give permission (e.g. gave PPG the rights to Dudleyville, rather than just permission to reproduce it) it isn't their call anyway.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Isn't it morally allowed to use his work with the proper credits to build on something for EE? He can always get in touch if he wants or still cares.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    PJ allowed them to have it since he didn't want to look after the site any more. It was originally at dudleyville.com
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I play vanilla BG all the time and would like to have the original walkthrough at Dudleyville as it is.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited January 2013
    This is great news, I know the community really appreciates you taking this on Cerevant.
    @Cerevant

I can't wait to see the site up and running. Thanks in advance!
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    @Cerevant, any news on how progress is coming along?
    There is a Wordpress design by @modestvotla that I need to get up before editing can begin in earnest. I have been a little distracted buy my new role with Overhaul, and there may be some changes in the next update that will impact the walkthrough, but it isn't forgotten!
    Great Work, @Cerevant!
    Thanks! We don't have anything yet, but we'll get there...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Beautiful! :D!
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 108
    *whistles innocently*