Skip to content

Final battle too easy :(

Comments

• Eldoth_KronEldoth_Kron Member Posts: 18

Sarevok: Deathbringer Assault!

Charname: Suffers 200 damage.

Sarevok: Doesn't have any acid or fire attacks.

Charname: Literal Trollface.

What about Semaj and Angelo? They have Melf's Acid Arrow, don't they?

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I love this thread and I think you make a good point too. I don't quite understand why so many people demand such a fidelity to PnP to the point where they want the whole game redone so that it is a perfect match or they will not be completely happy with it. Do they not realize how incredibly difficult such a thing would be to do? This isn't Pencil and Paper! This is Processor and Programmer! It cant be a perfect implementation especially since the game rules are already set in silicon so to speak. So most of the PnP perfectionists install mods that mess up the game and then come here to whine about how the game isn't PnP enough since their mods don't work to make the game perfect PnP either. It all seems rather silly to me. Why is it so hard to accept the balance that the game comes with?
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    edited January 2013
    In my party Xzar almost beat Sarevok single-handedly. No kidding. :p
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud

Only because he was a Wereslimebear that could cast Time Stop.
    @moopy: I've actually never used Time Stop in my playthroughs. No, it was a combo of AoE spells that did the trick. :p
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud

But you don't deny that Xzar was a Wereslimebear.

On a more serious note you've never used Time Stop?

Time Stop in the Robe of Vecna with the IA ability, while cheesy, is some of the most crazy fun ever.

You can cast like as many lightning bolts and fireballs as you possibly can, or most other types of spells.

But it just looks so cool if you walk around and cast lightning bolts and fireballs from different positions, because when Time Stop ends they all come at once from all those different locations and it just looks amazing.
    TressetSirK8
    @moopy: Xzar isn't a Wereslimebear. He's a cuddly lunatic who's trying to cut your eyes out in your sleep. So adorable. :3 As for Time Stop, nah, it's too easy. I like challenges! I died against Aec'Letec for 10 times in a row for a reason, y'know.
    Aristillius
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud

From what I've seen of Xzar he is definitely a Wereslimebear disguised as a human. Try to read in between the lines of his dialogue, it is in there.
    SirK8
    @moopy: How about a Wereslimesnail? I'd be okay with that. Bears are overrated anyway. Snails never get some love. :(
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Please do not add a wereslimesnail to the game. My wife already complains I spend too much time in BG. If she sees a creature that makes her absolutely terrified, and she DOES feel absolute terror to anything snail-related or snail-like, my poor Mac will be in great danger of flying through the nearest window :)
    WilburAristillius
    What if it is a slimey werewolf in a giant snail shell. Would that be ok.
    mlneveseSirK8
    Only if it doesn't look like a snail. Or I start to only play it whe she isn't around... ;)
    Maybe it could be a hermit crab shell instead. Wereslimecrab.
    That could work...
    "Paul! You is a war-wilf!"

100 points to whoever gets that reference.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited January 2013

@moopy: Xzar isn't a Wereslimebear. He's a cuddly lunatic who's trying to cut your eyes out in your sleep. So adorable. :3 As for Time Stop, nah, it's too easy. I like challenges! I died against Aec'Letec for 10 times in a row for a reason, y'know.

I died over 10 times in a row to Aec'Letec for a reason too. It was because I didn't realise you could block his gaze with potions of magic resistance/shielding or dispel the effects with Dispel Magic. I beat him so many times simply to have Charname explode into a ghast.

Sarevok: Deathbringer Assault!

Charname: Suffers 200 damage.

Sarevok: Doesn't have any acid or fire attacks.

Charname: Literal Trollface.

What about Semaj and Angelo? They have Melf's Acid Arrow, don't they?

They were already murdered by the army of Wereslimebearsnails Charname brought to the battle.
    moopySirK8
    Our other thread got closed just as it got good.

We had gotten to steam engine powered locomotives.
    SirK8
    How did this topic get to Wereslimebearsnailcrabs in my absence? O_o Y'all been drinking the wrong stuff. :p
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud: I think you mean the *right* stuff.
    SirK8[Deleted User]
    The fact that we haven't yet gotten to bacon powered locomotives driven by Werebearslimesnails just proves to me it's still the wrong stuff. :p
    Didn't we agree the snails were out?
    [Deleted User]
    I think that was just your wishful thinking, @mlnevese. The snails are never out. They find a way.
    [Deleted User]
    In that case I'll have to be even more careful when playing with my wife around...
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2013
    @mlnevese: How can your wife not like snails? They're cute! :o

Just think of how awesome a Werebearslimesnail could be! It might even surpass the notorious reputation of the platypus in that regard! :p
    mlnevese
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Mm, a werebearslimesnail fried in its own slime with some butter, lots of garlic, and a pinch of parsley. Yummy!
    edited January 2013
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud I agree it's an awesome creature! But there's no argument that'll defeat an irrational fear.
    rexreg
    @mlnevese

What if the werebearslimesnail casts remove fear.

Problem solved.
    mlneveseSirK8
    edited January 2013
    @Moopy Maybe a permanent aura of remove fear... or an illusion making it look like a giant fluffy white bunny?
    moopy
    edited January 2013
    I think spiders are cute.

Edit: Seriously, I do think spiders are cute.
    But wouldn't a werebearslimespidersnail look a little strange?