Skip to content

Decoding Twitters!!!

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    That is awesome too! :D Thanks, Phil!

When the Mac version comes out I will be buying my third copy of BG:EE.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @PhillipDaigle:
    #bgee #bg2ee finally have our final new map count for BG2:EE. it's more than a couple.
    I hope there aren't just three, then :P
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2013
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Mac version has been sent to our beta test group. We'll know how it stands up soon.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    o,O

O,o

I know noth-THING!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Surprised no-one posted this:

Q: Are you guys going to include Ascension in #BG2EE?

@TrentOster

@fitscotgaymer @frabjousdave @daigledopple We are interested in it.

Would be awesome if Ascension became official part of BG saga, it's so much better than vanilla ToB. Also I just recently finished SoA+ToB and the fight difficulty progression was extremely smooth. With the improved Illasera being slighty more difficult than Irenicus, really makes the game progress nicely.

• ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Messi said:

@TrentOster

Would be awesome if Ascension became official part of BG saga, it's so much better than vanilla ToB. Also I just recently finished SoA+ToB and the fight difficulty progression was extremely smooth. With the improved Illasera being slighty more difficult than Irenicus, really makes the game progress nicely.

Dear GOD, NO! I don't want to die 354477 times in TOB, thank you!

I have never understood why "more content" also has to mean "higher difficulty". That's what the difficulty slider is for. I want to have fun, not tear my hear out in frustration.

Now of course, if it was *optional*, that would be an entirely different matter.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Arcallian The harder fights ARE completely optional when installing Ascension. I never used them actually.
    mlnevese said:

@Arcallian The harder fights ARE completely optional when installing Ascension. I never used them actually.

Is Sarevok potentially turning on you and Imoen turning into the slayer also optional?

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Arcalian said:

Is Sarevok potentially turning on you and Imoen turning into the slayer also optional?

You can't avoid Imoen's transformation (unless you just don't take her with you) but Sarevok's loyalty can be ensured. :)
    Messi said:

@TrentOster

Now, see, if that happens? I'm pre-ordering BG2:EE. On day 1. Delays, bugs, I don't even care. That, to me, is the ultimate expression of "enhancement". :)
    shawne said:

Arcalian said:

You can't avoid Imoen's transformation (unless you just don't take her with you) but Sarevok's loyalty can be ensured. :)

Then I can never have Imoen in BG2EE.

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Arcalian said:

shawne said:

Arcalian said:

The choice is yours of course, but you do realize it's temporary right? In addition Imoen gains bhaal spawn powers which she wouldn't in vanilla.

She got Bhaalspawn powes in regular TOB.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Weren't they bugged and basically didn't show up?
    They always worked fine for me.
    edited January 2013
    Arcalian said:

Sounds like someone has a mild case of Slayerphobia. :)

Look, first of all, if the transformation is really something you want to avoid, just don't take Imoen into the final battle - there's nothing preventing you from having her in your party for the rest of the game.

Second of all, if you do want Imoen at the end, all you really need to do is outlast her. Haste your party and run around like a Benny Hill sketch until she changes back.

Of course, this is all academic because "interested in it" doesn't necessarily translate to "we're doing it."
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    OMG! Check it!

Phillip Daigle ‏@daigledopple
    #bg2ee first Black Pits 2 screencap: http://i.imgur.com/kby10Xd.jpg
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    decado said:

OMG! Check it!

Awesome! So crisp!
    shawne said:

Arcalian said:

Sounds like someone has a mild case of Slayerphobia. :)

Look, first of all, if the transformation is really something you want to avoid, just don't take Imoen into the final battle - there's nothing preventing you from having her in your party for the rest of the game.

Second of all, if you do want Imoen at the end, all you really need to do is outlast her. Haste your party and run around like a Benny Hill sketch until she changes back.

Of course, this is all academic because "interested in it" doesn't necessarily translate to "we're doing it."
    I sincerely hope not!
    Arcalian said:

I sincerely hope not!

*shrug* That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it - I happen to think the "inconvenience" is worth the thematic and stylistic improvements "Ascension" makes to ToB's story...
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Trent Oster just an hour ago: "On a positive note, We helped Atari do a QA pass on 2012 for Steam so it should be up soon."

Should make some people happy...
  • TalonfireTalonfire Member Posts: 17
    mlnevese said:

I don't recall the tougher final battle being optional.
  • Trent Oster: "Our plan is to support #BGEE character importing into #BG2EE as the original."

Not sure if this means that importing will work like going from BG1 to BG2 (i.e. reselecting proficiencies, etc.) or if he's just reassuring people that you will, in fact, be able to import at all.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'm hoping that BG2EE allows for some more of the equipment to be imported. Although arguably with lower stats, I imagine that some of the introduced weapons, armour and equipment would make the early stages of SoA too easy.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    edited January 2013
    RedGuard said:

I'm hoping that BG2EE allows for some more of the equipment to be imported. Although arguably with lower stats, I imagine that some of the introduced weapons, armour and equipment would make the early stages of SoA too easy.

I would like only and additional item : Cloak of Balduran! :D

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    decado said:

OMG! Check it!

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.
    In the conversation of that pic, Phillip posted a little detail.

Phillip Daigle‏@daigledopple
    because you have suffered due to my trickster-ism, i will reveal one thing about TBP2 to you: each arena has traps