Skip to content

Ramazith respawning elsewhere after death

DeuceCabooseDeuceCaboose Member Posts: 6
After chasing Ramazith to the top of his tower and killing him, I returned to the bottom floor, where he was alive and initiated the same conversation as he did when I entered the tower (after releasing Abela). I killed him again and left and then saw him standing outside in another region of the city of Baldur's Gate. I think it was the southwest zone. He did not initiate conversation this time. I was expecting him to be dead the first time I killed him but now I have 2x "The Amplifier" (formerly known as Amulet of Metaspell Influence) and 2x Ring of protection +2.

Comments

• AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2012
    Observed Behaviour: After returning to and killing Ramazith (after convinving Ragefast to free the nymph), multiple Ramaziths appears randomly around Baldur's Gate each non-hostile waiting as if you were returning to them after convincing Ragefast to free the nymph. They have the same dialogue and go hostile when spoken to. The Ragefast quest does not resolve.

Expected Behaviour: None, he should be dead! However I'm not complaining about the endless supply of +2 rings and mage necklaces! The Ragefast quest should resolve.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @DeuceCaboose @Athiuen After you have killed him, where about in the city does he respawn?
  • DeuceCabooseDeuceCaboose Member Posts: 6
    Balquo said:

@DeuceCaboose @Athiuen After you have killed him, where about in the city does he respawn?

I found him in the southwest corner of Baldur's Gate at location [3600, 1500] Area: AR1100.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Whoa, this is unexpected. Especially their random appearance.
    Really trying to reproduce this but getting nothing. @DeuceCaboose @Athiuen Do either of you happen to have save just before meeting Ramazith?
  • DeuceCabooseDeuceCaboose Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    Balquo said:

Really trying to reproduce this but getting nothing. @DeuceCaboose @Athiuen Do either of you happen to have save just before meeting Ramazith?

I am afraid I do not have a save file from before I met him for the first time. I do have a save file with my character standing next to the Ramazith respawn. How should I submit the file?
    @DeuceCaboose Just zip it up and put it on here. You should see "Attach a file" just below the comment section here.
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    I have the same issue, except he spawns multiple times at once (one fireball netted me 3x4000 exp) and then he respawned three times in the same place

he spawns in the very top left corner, so only his circle is visible

Game also crashes shortly after for the host in multiplayer when I kill him.
    @Quineloe That issue is being looked into.

@Avenger_teambg
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    this is an issue reported from the day this game went live.

All it takes is him spawning in a location where we can't dodge him and our game is over. The crashes are seriously annoying :/
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yes, if my guess was right we managed to reproduce this and gave clues to the engine developers about the cause. Actually, this is the same problem as commoners spawning in odd places.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    @Avenger_teambg @Balquo - Was it ever fixed? It just happened in my multiplayer game with my friend. He keeps spawning in SoD too!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited June 2016
    You found him in the southwest corner of Baldur's Gate? Isn't that the area with the tavern in which Ramazith summoned a bunch of slimes? I've noticed that the person in that tavern says that Ramazith summoned the slimes even if you killed Ramazith a long time ago. So maybe one of these clones of Ramazith is the one who did it!
  • DanTehManDanTehMan Member Posts: 21
    I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I have two extra Ramaziths spawning in NW Baldur's Gate on the east side of the map. The original is still alive but his quest is complete, and they're approaching me asking me to leave his home.