Skip to content

Drizzt killed SOLO in 10 seconds (no hacks, mods, summons, cheats or cheese)

satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
edited February 2013 in Off-Topic
- Multiclass: Fighter/Mage 7/7

- Equiped: Knave's Robe (protects against Drizzt's scimitars), Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise, Helm of Balduran, Golden Girdle, Ring of Protection +2, Large Shield +2, Cloak of Balduran, Staff Mace (+2 to attack rolls against chainmail, which Drizzt wears)

- Memorized spells: Protection from Evil (stackable), Blur, Mirror Image, Haste, Improved Invisibility (+4 to attack rolls)

- Potions: Potion of Defense, Potion of Cloud Giant Strength, Potion of Mind Focusing (as many as needed), Potion of Power

- Character: AC -26 (maybe more if PfE has been stacked), THAC0 0 (minimum reachable, but attack rolls get +6 so it makes THAC0 -6 actually), HP (useless Drizzt won't be able to touch, and even if he does Mirror Image, pawned)

- Drizzt: AC -15, THAC0 -9, HP ~100

Are Fighter/Mages too OP?
Post edited by Dee on
moopyFredjo

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    I can kill him in one second without hacking or modding with a level one character.

Someone suggest a video capturing software to me, and I'll video it.
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2013
    moopy said:

I can kill him in one second without hacking or modding with a level one character.

How did u do it? or r u just jelly?

• MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2013
    moopy said:

Someone suggest a video capturing software to me, and I'll video it.

Fraps.

http://www.fraps.com/

Wait. Are you going to console kill him? :P

Fredjo
    Downloading that, give me a few minutes.

And no, what I'm going to do is 100% legit. Cheesy maybe, but legit.
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    moopy said:

Downloading that, give me a few minutes.

And no, what I'm going to do is 100% legit. Cheesy maybe, but legit.

cool looking forward to see...

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited January 2013
    moopy is gonna trap

Edit: Spoiler tags so it doesn't get ruined. :P
    Post edited by deltago on
    TJ_HookermoopyAntonFenghoang
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    edited January 2013
    Very easy:

- My sorcerer with 4 spells: Stoneskin+Mirror Image+Fireshield Blue+Fireshield Red

Drizzt dies while I am looking at sky. Maybe 7-8 seconds.
    DiscoCat
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    Hahaha, you win!

But that is cheese, because...How many times did you rest? And Drizzt doesn't go away
    @DarKelP

I did say it was cheesy :P Just that it was "legit" and by legit in that use I meant non hacking / modding

@delgato

Haha! Thanks!
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Thing is, you want to benefit from having his gear as early as possible in the game. Which unfortunately means taking him him on at a relatively low level, without all that gear and leveled out.
  • RogueNRogueN Member Posts: 10
    a "legit" way to kill him is with any thief class/multiclass, potion of heroism and maybe 3-4 potions of invisibility. The armor he drops is chain mail +4 AND you can use thieving skills while wearing it, only one in game. You can do this pretty early too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AristilliusKidCarnivalThe_New_Romance
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Poor Drizzt everyone hate him! :(

Drizzt has become a kind of trophy hunting! I can already guess how many people have a space for his head on their fireplace!
    WilburSon_of_ImoenFredjo
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    Werebear dude, again ?

You have a lv 14 CHARNAME, with the best gear in the game and drank of potions of badassitude.

What did u expect ?
    QuartzThe_New_RomanceSanctiferCrevsDaak
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I think some people don't get the point of an RPG...
    KidCarnival
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    @Fardragon What IS the point of an RPG?
    Personally I'd say that it is a game where you are supposed to have fun. In case of multiplay then make sure that you are all on the same page about how much (or how little) you go into character. In case of singleplayer I'd say do whatever you want.
    I would like to say however that I tink it is ridiculous to dramatically change gameplay by fx. removing xp cap and then complaint when things are too easy.
    WilburQuartz
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    DarKelP said:

Very easy:

- My sorcerer with 4 spells: Stoneskin+Mirror Image+Fireshield Blue+Fireshield Red

Drizzt dies while I am looking at sky. Maybe 7-8 seconds.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11145/solo-sorcerer-vs-drizzt-melee-fight-on-insane/p1
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Not really 10 seconds when it must have taken you at least a minute just to buff up before hand.
    Dinoelminster
    It's probably easier to say what it isn't. And what it isn't is a comptition to impress other people. Especially in a single player openly moddable game like BG, where you are effectively your own Dungeon Master. You are as free to make it as easy or as difficult as you like so any "achievement" is measured solely against goals you set and ajudicate yourself, and isn't going to impress anyone else. Thus, "balance" is meaningless. If you think it is to easy you can easily make it more difficult.
    Lemernis
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Fardragon: While I agree that roleplay isn't a competitive game, the mentality that games in general are is always there. Especially with more recent games and their achievement points, playing something that gives any rewards - be it in game items or just badges to display - triggers that. Sure everyone can make the game as easy or hard as they like, but I can also see why someone is proud of accomplishing something they see as difficult or near-impossible, or coming up with a strategy they hadn't successfully pulled off before.
    Killing Drizzt or Shandalar in x seconds doesn't really impress me because it's not my gaming mentality. But it may still be impressive to someone who plays in a similar way, or just interesting to try the same strategy and try to beat the record. And really, there are sillier records in the world than beating characters in games as fast or as efficiently as possible.
    Delvarian
    Yes, people have learned bad things from modern games.

And they won't learn any better without a bit of ridicule... ;)
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I'd be more impressed if you killed Shandalar. I haven't tried it with Special Traps but I cannot kill him with normal traps or my typical strategies.