Skip to content

Where is your party's "Base of Operations"?

I guess most people have a crate or cabinet or some place to stash goods, and it almost becomes like a base. Also is a place to stash those NPCs that no longer curry your favor (but might yet again someday). I used to use the Friendly Arm Inn, but I think a great place (especially for an evil party from a RP Standpoint) is the cave south of Beregost. It's close to a town, has a crate in it to stash stuff in, its dark, and its decently large.

Just curious where anyone else hangs out.
SscoootzZ

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]
  • SelabocSelaboc Member Posts: 64
    it varies as the game progresses. It starts in Nashkel, I leave the NPCs not in use hanging around where you pickup Minsc. once the action progresses northward I move to FAI, then later the bridge outside BG. I tend to sell off unused loot (in stores I can steal from), so don't often rely on stashing stuff away in containers
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited February 2013
    I always use the barrel outside Jovial Juggler. The party members take turns as only one can fit inside at a time.

Seriously I stash my goods there.
    HaHaCharadeEudaemoniumBlueSorceressSscoootzZ
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Friendly Arm, the first chest to the right.
    Beregost, the chest at the back of the Jovial Juggler
    Nashkel, the four chests (use them to split up the different types of item)
    Elfsong
    Oxford_GuySscoootzZ
  • RICorkyRICorky Member Posts: 3
    In BGEE I "base camp" in Beregost in the house directly across the street from the red sheaf inn entrance (where you met Silke). You can rest there for free and store in the drawers/chest in the bedroom. The only problem is that its getting a bit too crowded with all the NPC's.
    SscoootzZ
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Definitely the FAI - I store excess items in the barrel on the right side of the lobby, leave backup NPCs in the corner, and do most of my trading with Bentley.
    SscoootzZ
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I use several places throughout the the game, FAI, Feldpost's, and Neshkell Inn seeing the most use. I never stash stuff, anything I can't carry I sell. I sell A LOT!
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Friendly Arm Inn, first chest on the right. Very stupid thing to do, realistically speaking, though.

Beregost and the Friendly Arm Inn make the most sense, since they're in the middle of the map.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Am I the only person who doesn't do this? I'll carry around 1-2 items per character that are "for later" as well as filling up containers but never really stash stuff anywhere. I tend to dump all the plot/quest items, keys and scrolls on the floor of Sorcerous Sundries and never pick them up again.
    MathmickTJ_HookermoopyNeonfisk
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Corvino said:

Am I the only person who doesn't do this? I'll carry around 1-2 items per character that are "for later" as well as filling up containers but never really stash stuff anywhere. I tend to dump all the plot/quest items, keys and scrolls on the floor of Sorcerous Sundries and never pick them up again.

I do exactly the same thing. I don't hoard in real life either...
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited February 2013
    Quest items that are no longer needed go in the barrel right by the door in Kagain's storage shop.
  • StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
    I use Temple. and I usually get every NPC and turn them to stone in the court yard or inside.. or atleast the NPCs I do not plan on using or ones that were temporary and are being replaced. or the other place I turn everyone to stone is Ulgoths Beard where the demon boss is and on rare occasion the under city outside the temple.

Not a fan of stashing items away. I hold onto them or sell them.

And then when I'm REALLY bored ill shoot an arrow of detonation destroying all of the statues.
    HaHaCharadeSscoootzZ
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited February 2013

I use Temple. and I usually get every NPC and turn them to stone in the court yard or inside.. or atleast the NPCs I do not plan on using or ones that were temporary and are being replaced. or the other place I turn everyone to stone is Ulgoths Beard where the demon boss is and on rare occasion the under city outside the temple.

And then when I'm REALLY bored ill shoot an arrow of detonation destroying all of the statues.

You sound like that crazy ass mage in Mutamin's Garden! Lol.
    StrayedMonkeySscoootzZ
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    BG: The cave south of Beregost, as well as some other caves. Maybe the Dryad one!
    BG II: de'Arnise Keep, because I always end up getting it, because I'm always the biggest sucker for Nalia's story.
    IWD: Kuldahar Inn. Thank you very much, Alwin!
    IWD II: idk lol ;___;
    HaHaCharade
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Inventory. I keep the stuff I need and chuck/sell the stuff I don't.

The idea of jumping around maps just to get rid of things doesn't appeal to me at all, and I don't like the idea of the "Game Time Elapsed" getting too high.
    SscoootzZ
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Never ever used a base and/or stored stuff. If I don't need something I sell it.
    MathmickTJ_HookermoopySscoootzZ
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Borland's house in Beregost, directly across from the entrance to the Red Sheaf Inn. He welcomes you into his home, let's you sleep there, and you can store items in his home's containers.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I haven't felt the need to stash things. There's not enough special loot in BG1, so I just carry everything around.
    moopy
    edited February 2013
    I store certain things out my RP compulsion. Bounty notices that would be destroyed if that were possible, but since they can't I stash them in the house, letters, quest items that have no monetary value but are essentially souvenirs, etc.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Lemernis said:

I store certain things out my RP compulsion. Bounty notices that would be destroyed if that were possible, but since they can't I stash them in the house, letters, quest items that have no monetary value but are essentially souvenirs, etc.

You can sell Bounty notices to Feldpost. I tend to sell him notices and books, and thats it. Then I'll sell other sh*t other places.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    I either need and use something or sell it and my party is planed beforehand.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Landrin's house in Beregost. I never knew about Borland's place, however. Gonna check that out on my next game.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    There's a bag on the corner in Beregost in between Red Sheaf and Thunderbutts I've been using for years and thats also where I "store" NPCs early on then if I don't need healing I rest the party at Borlands house nearby -

if I'm not going to have a mage right away I often store scrolls (from Candlekeep and Tarnesh) and the mage ring in Joias chests (FAI) until I need them.

Once I get to BG City I cart everything up there (sometimes this takes a couple trips) and stash it all for the rest of the game in the two barrels outside the Elfsong - usually in some sort of "order" - potions & scrolls and other limited use items in one and weapons armor and misc in the other to make access easier. There is usually a considerable amount of stuff in these barrels when I head out for the final battle that I can't use and it would be pointless to sell at that point since the cash would have no use either but it soothes my inner pack-rat to have it there. (I might still have a use for some of it if things go south in the maze after all)

I sometimes store extra ankeg shells that the party can't carry all at once in the "treasure hold" of the ankeq caves until I can carry them south to Thunderbutt.

Once in a while I use one of the barrels near where Minsc is found to store a few items in Nashkel - (like a set of armor and helm for him if I'm not picking him up right away)
    SscoootzZ
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    edited February 2013
    Wilbur said:

I always use the barrel outside Jovial Juggler. The party members take turns as only one can fit inside at a time.

Seriously I stash my goods there.

Same here. I <3 that barrel.

I usually have a home base and a storage location by/in a conveniently located inn in each town. Jovial Juggler in Beregost is great because it's so close to the edge of the map, and the inn in Nashkel has that one room in the corner by the bar with a nice dresser for storage.

Unwanted party members are arranged by likely social groups in the FAI.

-Blue
    SCARY_WIZARDSscoootzZ

Lemernis said:

You can sell Bounty notices to Feldpost. I tend to sell him notices and books, and thats it. Then I'll sell other sh*t other places.
    That's true, but from a RP vantage my character wouldn't want to continue to have more bounty hunters coming after him.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Sell everything I can. Thalantyr gets all the books so I can read them in the same place later. I keep a crate in the friendly arm inn for armour and golden pantaloons.

I swap NPCs a lot. However I dump them close to collection sites. At present I have Xar and Monty watching Rasads fighting skills in Nashkel, Kagain waiting where I picked up Neera... I leave them close to the central maps and will shrink my party to five to collect people like Dynahier and Xan.

I think I am boring... I love the idea of converting a cave into a BATCAVE! I mean a base of operations...
    LemernisSscoootzZ
    Anduin said:

I love the idea of converting a cave into a BATCAVE! I mean a base of operations...

That's a novel twist, I like that! Although access to merchants is what makes Beregost so attractive... Maybe CLUA a merchant such as Erdane (he'd sort of be your Alfred) to hang out there in the cave. :)

AnduinSscoootzZ
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Early on I often stockpile loot I plan to sell in Nashkel (as the prices offered in the Carnival area, and to a lesser extent the Nashkel store, are good and can be stolen back easily, if desired) in the containers outside Joseph's wife's house. I wait until I have enough swords/bows/armour of one type to justify selling in batches to avoid the worst effects of depreciation.

High value magic items and gems nearly always get sold at somewhere I can easily steal them back from, even if just to sell again at Black Lilly's much later (though she won't buy everything).
    SscoootzZ
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Wilbur said:

D
    Unwanted party members are arranged by likely social groups in the FAI.

-Blue

Yep. Sometimes, I'll put them in other inns or establishments, but for the most part, it's the Friendly Arm Inn. Loved that one mod component that allowed you to have them wait somewhere of your choosing...