Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I was almost certain that the spell level navigation looked better at the bottom but now the more I compare them, it has to be the one at the top for me.

Also really like the change from the square to circle known/mem spells. Very nice!

And on a final note - I also liked the text that Illustair was referring to.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Maybe you should remove the circles for known spells? Easier to differentiate then, between memorized/known.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @LukevanV - Interesting idea - I could probably pull that off with a few tricky adjustments. I will play around with it and see how it looks. Thanks for the feedback.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Can't wait to play with this when all the screens are done. Looks so much better than what we have now. No wonder Beamdog is looking for an UI artist. ;)
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Looks great :) Keep it up!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Wow Archaic! I see you made great improvements since the last time I checked this thread!

I love the new spellbook design and, as Balquo said, I'd prefer the spell navigation on top.

But I have one question: what if my char can memorize more than 12 spell slots?
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    It's hard coded.. there's nothing he can do. I've already asked about it. :)
    edited February 2013
    @SpaceInvader - Your char can memorize more than 12 spells per level? And yes its hard coded and I cannot do anything about it as @ShadowSmuggler mentioned.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    It's fantastic. I couldn't imagine your mod will reach such a level. Absolutely stunning work. Can't wait for your next screens.
    edited February 2013
    @Etamin - Thank you for the kind words. Very much appreciated. This release is taking a lot longer but I've stepped up the quality standards to reflect the extra time. I can't wait to release BETA 6!
    edited February 2013
    I can't, but I thought Edwin + Evermemory ring could.

EDIT: I just checked and he reaches exactly 12 spell slots for lvl1, so no problem ;)
  • TimTim Member Posts: 38
    Very good work Archaic! I'm really looking forward for playing with your Finished Gui.

@Spaceinvader:
    I don't know how it is within Ad&d 2.0... but in D&D 3 it is that if you have Int 18 or higher you get Extra Spells per Level. So you can have 7 or 8 memorized at Spelllevel 1. In addition with the ring which doubles the spells for level 1 you get over the hardcoded 12...
    @Tim In BG Intelligence score doesn't affect spells x day, Wisdom does :)
    edited February 2013
    I should have some in-game screenshots of the mage book later tonight. Then I will be able to move on to the Priest Scroll design concept. We're over half way to BETA 6 release! I should have some extra free time over the next few days so I'm hoping to get a lot done. Hang in there...
    @Tim - Thank you. I'm looking forward to the release too.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Really pity that rest modders don't have your attitude. I can undestand that making mods takes time and asking constantly about progress is rude, but a bit more information than "it will be ready when it's ready" would be appreciated. I was translating mods few times and can tell from experiance that using percantile progress stop questions and show people that work is moving forward.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Archaic I like the new mage book concept, the Mystra symbol and the text that Illustair suggested you bring back look great, as well as the circular spell slots. I think that I prefer the spell level selection box on the bottom, but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind as Balquo did.

One thing that catches my eye as looking a little odd are the four arrow type shapes (two on each side) around the spell level selection box.

Glad to see that things are going so well, keep up the good work.

@jaysl659 - Glad you like the design. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    @Archaic you are amazing!! It's a work of art!!! an your avatar is soo amazing too!!! what do you think to add someone of your Arcdragon in your work??it's very beautifull :D
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Updated mage book is great.
    Although I would suggest to introduce some difference between known and memorised as suggested below
    LukevanV said:

Maybe you should remove the circles for known spells? Easier to differentiate then, between memorized/known.

• SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    Anton said:

Although I would suggest to introduce some difference between known and memorised as suggested below

LukevanV said:

+1 :-) Keep it up!

edited February 2013
    I ran into a few hangups with the mage book design concept. I'm working on fixing them as I type this so hopefully I will have it resolved today and have some in-game screenshots soon.
    Working on the Priest Scroll now...screenshot coming soon.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Looks absolutely superb (as always)! Just out of interest, what made you decide to have the image/text above the memorized spells? It just seems like it would look more symmetrical/attractive if the two were swapped. I know it's too late to change anything, and it looks great like this, but maybe something to think about for Archaic Beta 7.0? :D

Thanks for your continued commitment to this mod/making the UI amazing.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    Anton said:

LukevanV said:

I don't agree with it!!!
    The circles in the known spell is a great thing, you can add an option for that in the final version of the UI, like "circle on" and "circle off"???
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Why would it be too late to change anything @Tome?

I like the texts, but it hey could be slightly adjusted so that they bend the same way as the page does they'd be perfect. I'd also prefer Illustair's example of Mystra's symbol.

Great work as always. :)
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited February 2013
    @darksheer

Maybe not too late, but I get the feeling from Archaic's post that they are done with the Mage Book for now.
This discussion has been closed.