Skip to content

Add Fatigue and Morale to Character Record

After reading this thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15512/checking-ones-fatigue-level/p1 I thought that it would be nice if the characters fatigue and morale levels were listed under Ability Bonuses, in the Character Record sheet. Other items like Reaction and Open Doors (bash) are listed, why not morale and fatigue?
ermoNifftPeteAtomsParys[Deleted User]ErgNocturneNOxford_GuySelabocAnduinGriegdjcOriens

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Wouldn't hurt anything I suppose. Listing how much effect Con has on it, would also be nice.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336

Wouldn't hurt anything I suppose. Listing how much effect Con has on it, would also be nice.

The number in the record would be your modified value. It would drop as your character became more fatigued.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    This is a great idea, it seems alot of people (myself included) have been having trouble understanding how the fatigue-system works. Being able to see the onset of fatigue would hopefully reveal the inner workings of this system to us mere mortals. ;)
    edited February 2013
    Jalily said:

What do you think of this format?

Current Morale: __
    Morale Breakpoint: __ (this varies between NPCs)
    Hours Until Fatigue: __ -> Hours Fatigued: __ (-X to rolls)

I like the idea of the Fatigue switching in that manner. There may be too much text, though. Maybe less text, while trying to follow the way other items are done, how about:

Morale __ (BP)
    Fatigue __

(when char is fatigued it changes to:

Fatigued -__ (-L)

(BP) = Breaking Point
    L = Luck penalty

Oriens
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

After reading this thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15512/checking-ones-fatigue-level/p1 I thought that it would be nice if the characters fatigue and morale levels were listed under Ability Bonuses, in the Character Record sheet. Other items like Reaction and Open Doors (bash) are listed, why not morale and fatigue?

That would be great!

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I'd love to see this! I don't know how much work the coding in this game is, but it seems like this is a simple enough addition, and I'd appreciate finally being able to quantify just how much of a wuss Khalid is.
    Oxford_Guy
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Morale __ (BP)
    Fatigue __

Fatigued -__ (-L)

(BP) = Breaking Point
    L = Luck penalty

If you have to include a key, the meaning won't be clear to the average person who hasn't read this topic. I'm also not sure what you want to display after "Fatigue" and "Fatigued." Is it the hours or the "level"? If it's the hours, how does "Fatigue" vs. "Fatigued" make any sense? If it's the level, would the internal variable mean anything to most players?

I can see your point about too much text, though. How about moving the -X penalty to the next line and indenting it?
    edited February 2013
    Jalily said:

Morale __ (BP)
    Fatigue __

Fatigued -__ (-L)

(BP) = Breaking Point
    L = Luck penalty

If you have to include a key, the meaning won't be clear to the average person who hasn't read this topic. I'm also not sure what you want to display after "Fatigue" and "Fatigued." Is it the hours or the "level"? If it's the hours, how does "Fatigue" vs. "Fatigued" make any sense? If it's the level, would the internal variable mean anything to most players?

I can see your point about too much text, though. How about moving the -X penalty to the next line and indenting it?
    I was providing the key for you. I should of made that more clear that it was not intended the player/Character Record.There are a lot of things in the Character Record (+ and - adjustments) that are not defined there. Why would this be any different? Just a thought...

To better describe my suggestion:

The Morale would be a number with the breaking point in parenthesis.
    For example:

Morale: 8 (2)

The Fatigue would give the current level of fatigue. When the character becomes fatigued, the description could change to a negative number and the luck penalty in parenthesis

A 3 Con character (no fatigue bonus) has 6 fatigue x 4 hours = 24 hours of fatigue

For example:

Fatigue: 6
    after you become fatigued, change to

Fatigue: -4 (-1)

then
    Fatigue: -8 (-2)
    etc...

AnduinOriens
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited February 2013
    Great idea!

Why not mega simple

Fatigue penalty=

It's a minus 1 to all rolls yeah? Why do you need to know how un fatigued you are?

Morale=

Leave the BP out... When they start running around with a yellow circle, crying for mum, you will have found there BP anyway...

EDIT: I got ninja'd by @bigdogchris ... Much better idea...
    Post edited by Anduin on
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Hope this gets implemented! Would be a really useful addition