Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Majoca- sorry for any and all presumptions toward you. i'm coming from a country on a verge of bankruptcy and economy that @kamuizin illustrates takes a direct role in form of various legal international institutions to accelerate the ruin (of middle class sustaining the current system in the first place). in that kind of situation i feel little to none of moral objection toward piracy.

i'm not saying piracy is great but i feel it is a part of a solution, simply because i feel disgusted at how intellectual and material resources are balanced in this system.
    length of the post @kamuizin is irrelevant as it is a good post.

OT- i preordered because i LIKE this product so much, i want them to take my money. also, they did not put an unreasonably high price on it. and at last and this is mostly very subjective- i think the development team is doing this because they really care and love this legendary game. i might be mistaken, i never met them, but it helps, if i think they believe in their own product.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    edited July 2012
    @Trinit, Dont worry about it, I also sympathise with your descions and from your viewpoint piracy is sometimes an option that is more beneficial than harm. I also like the you have support for this game and totally agree that anyone putting effort towards revitalising this game is worth throwing money at.

It is strange but also interesting how things can seem wrong to another and right to the other. How could there ever be a compremise.

I remember one time at college, I was paying for some food and drink, I wasnt charged for over half of it due to the person serving me thinking I had already bought half of the items, I didnt intervene, but in turn put the money I owed to her towards a charity, I did steal, but the money never benefited me, it benefited some children in need.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Majoca, i support every product i feel strong enough about, even if that sounds a bit vague.

btw i like your story and i think you made the best choice. i'm sure there are enough people to completely disagree with me :)
  • Yakman1Yakman1 Member Posts: 1
    >In fact, since most internet traffic at some point travels over fiber optic cable, you could say that you are charged at the speed of light.

Electrical signals propagate through a medium at the speed of light in that medium, no fiber optics necessary.
  • MFbMMFbM Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2012
    I too come from a country (a South East Asian country) where piracy here is rampant. The price for original/imported software is too high and it is also very difficult to find stores that sell original softwares. One could say that one can find only one store out of twenty, if not more, that sells original softwares. But I do think with all this digital platform where we can buy directly from publishers, might help reduce piracy. People around the world would pay the same price as the US, though they still have to consider the exchange rate of their currency to US dolar, which for some poorer countries like mine, will still be quite expensive.

Anyway, I am planning to pre-order this game after my next credit card statement. Oh man, why is it not 18 September yet? ;)
    Post edited by MFbM on
  • NavarreNavarre Member Posts: 6
    I pre-ordered the game and everything went fine, looking forward to taste this wonderful bit of gaming history since I never quite managed to play the game before, always wanted to though.
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    I am a bit curious about screenshots . Someones looks like really HD but someones are really pixelated . Why ? Anyways I pre-ordered . I hope this and DRM will not make a problem .
  • HolyDemonHolyDemon Member Posts: 1
    Nice, done my preorder! Will be a busy month with Borderlands 2 and Pandaland coming up!
  • suchosssuchoss Member Posts: 16

It's the cooperative mode from the original game, but working properly. Party vs Party is something we're talking about for an update.

If you make Party vs Party mode - then I have an idea to great mod :)

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I've only seen a few screenshots, but it's hard to discern the quality of the graphics from those alone. Will the visuals be significantly improved/altered?
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83

I've only seen a few screenshots, but it's hard to discern the quality of the graphics from those alone. Will the visuals be significantly improved/altered?

They said improved engine but truly i see this only in some screens. Dont forget that many developers promise many things and usually the anticipated products end up pretty bad: but who knows maybe this will raise the rpg genre as we know it today.
    Anyway aurora engine (NWN) was pretty cool- you could play with it and build nice mods. Infinity engine is pretty OLD so i hope they adjust it more to the modern games graphics(not just lighting,shadows, etc)
    But i can assure you i trust this company because i played all MDK games and i must say HUGE improvement they did on the last Mdk2 HD. If same happens with bg then praise the lord :P

I hope they release Gameplay soon meanwhile i beat BG2 with tactics mod.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Leon
    The problem with BGEE is that they don't have the original art assets, so they can't re-render the original art to HD.

TrentOster mentioned on twitter that they're trying to improve the background art with filters, but we'll have to wait and see. I really wouldn't expect true HD background graphics though.
    What ? If this is true also my money wasted for pixelated graphics with DRM ? Oh :/ I am really felt sucker . This is very old game and only fans want to play it . Why everyone will pirate this nowadays ? Such a shame :S
  • GarboGarbo Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have one question about the audio language. The game will be released in different languages (for the text). However, Will the audio language also released in those languages? For example Spanish, Italian, etc?

Thank you very much!!
  • ChristianChristian Member Posts: 2
    I know this is lame, but is it true that beamdog carves the names of everyone who pre-ordered the game in an entrance hall or is that just a joke? :p
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Yes it is literally true
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Garbo said:

Hi,

I have one question about the audio language. The game will be released in different languages (for the text). However, Will the audio language also released in those languages? For example Spanish, Italian, etc?

Thank you very much!!

English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (EFIGS) should all have audio. For other languages, we can't say for sure yet.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @PhillipDaigle, but i hope with time a voiced legend get a develop to all other languages, but no hurry for that, take one year to voice translate to other languages that it's not a so serious issue.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136

Yes it is literally true

Dude, are you serious.... My name will be carved into a wall somewhere in Canada?

• GarboGarbo Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Perfect!! Thanks PhillipDaigle!!

Garbo said:

Hi,

Thank you very much!!

English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (EFIGS) should all have audio. For other languages, we can't say for sure yet.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83

Garbo said:

Hi,

Thank you very much!!

Phillip can you give us a hint when to expect videos\trailers from bgee?
  • pablomnipablomni Member Posts: 94
    PUEDEN SUBIR TODA ESTA INFORMACION EN ESPAÑOL?! Tanks
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Christian said:

I know this is lame, but is it true that beamdog carves the names of everyone who pre-ordered the game in an entrance hall or is that just a joke? :p

Aint such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers ;)

• RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    *face palm* I fell for it, shoot me now...
    When I get my badge I feel a bit different . I want a refund because DRM ruined my game and I will not play probably . Because connection problem . But it seems my I will keep this game in my hand for old days sake . Maybe next year or etc. we will see a DRM-free version :P
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    edited August 2012
    Kyon said:

I want a refund because DRM ruined my game and I will not play probably . Because connection problem .

@kyon
    I do not understand your post. You can connect yourself to the forums and post comments, and you will not be able to connect just once to pass DRM on BGEE. Trent Oster said we will need to connect the first time to play as much as we want.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    just preordered, any eta on when we'll be able to start downloading the partial game to try it out? sorry if this has been asked numerous times already
    Lekian said:

Kyon said:

I want a refund because DRM ruined my game and I will not play probably . Because connection problem .

@kyon
    I do not understand your post. You can connect yourself to the forums and post comments, and you will not be able to connect just once to pass DRM on BGEE. Trent Oster said we will need to connect the first time to play as much as we want.
    I will connect in my workplace but not in my gaming rig .
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Bjjorick

TrentOster mentioned that pre-downloads should happen at the end of August, but you won't be able to "try out" the partial game.