Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    All pre-ordered, just awaiting the greatest RPG ever to arrive! Love playing it all the first time, expect many hours of my life to be consumed yet again...
  • Silver6986Silver6986 Member Posts: 26
    I just pre-ordered as well. Wow, still can't believe that my fav game of all time is being enhanced! Last time I played was with BGTutu and I have to say it was a brilliant experience, but the install was painstaking, think it took me around four hours to get it where I was happy with it (settings, AI, extra items, new kits etc)...
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    When will we get to preload it? :)
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Early next month preloading will begin
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Its true that an email is going to deliver the game before the 18th of September if i pre-ordered it?
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage yes but it cannot be played until 18th of September anyway - it's only pre-download
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128

Early next month preloading will begin

Finally I saw an answer about pre-load :)

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    About visa electron, if i'm not wrong visa electron is a debit function of the card, linked to an bank account. Every visa electron card is also a credit card, but "visa electron" term is a name that debit card function receive, isn't it?

What ppl need to look for, is if the credit card has international functions by default or not, if it's common credit card, you need probally schedule with the company a defined time line for international use, scheduling also in which countries you can use the card.

Just making this post cos i have similar problems when pre-ordering.

Now my question:

About pre-load, what benefit i have from pre-load?
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    kamuizin said:

Now my question:

Pre-loading means downloading the game early. You can't play it, but on release day 9/18, there will be some sort of activation (code or, more likely, some type of patch with last minute updates) and you're good to play.

You won't have to wade through all those busy servers while everyone who didn't pre-order, downloads the full game. :)

A pretty smart move on OverHaul/Beamdog's part, IMO.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited August 2012
    @kamuizin said:

Now my question:

Guess you first in line to get the game.. As i see it according to this :

PhillipDaigle
    July 26 in Windows PC
    Hello, sports fans! This thread is to help you navigate the tricky and sometimes murky waters of pre-ordering.

Q: What do I get if I pre-order? Huh? WHAT MAKES IT SO GREAT?

A: You get $2 off the final price, a special badge here on the forums that will make people who didn't pre-order (aka "Norms") vomit with envy, AND you get to pre-load the game before release so you can get skull crackin' right away.

• rmajerermajere Member Posts: 2
    Just pre-ordered, awaiting teh badgez omg!
  • fanestfanest Member Posts: 15
    rmajere said:

Just pre-ordered, awaiting teh badgez omg!

+1

• RimfireRimfire Member Posts: 1
    I have a question which may be very silly. However I would like someone to clarify it for me. :-)

I am currently living with my brother but it's possible that I may leave for another city in the near future (job reasons). Both of us are interested in playing the game. So... What if I buy the game now, install it in two PCs and then leave for another city. Will we be able to play the game with only one copy of the game or we need two?

Will there be a launcher every time we start the game which will need our email etc to start? If yes I assume we will need two copies of the game in case we need to play simultaneously or in multiplayer.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    You actually can have the game installed on both computers and play at the same time, but you won't be able to play multi-player with each other with the same game.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Rimfire drm in only on install so you probably wont need to log in.
  • reinharreinhar Member Posts: 1
    i pre-ordered too. Who's gonna gave me the badge?.... :)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    reinhar said:

i pre-ordered too. Who's gonna gave me the badge?.... :)

You can refers to below announcement:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/3302/pre-ordered-but-no-forum-badge#latest

Just provide your e-mail address you entered in on BeamDog and your forum username to Mr. @Nathan
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    I would suggest waiting 24h before contacting anyone because it is not instant.
  • LewsTherinLewsTherin Member Posts: 6
    Ok i have preordered it with my visa electron without any problem. Can't wait till 18th september, must play NOW
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    Attn Webmaster.

The BG:EE website list new player portraits will be available for all of the platforms except Windows.

Is this just an error on the website?
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    I believe that this covers it:
    "Over 400 improvements to the original game"
    Although, it wouldn't hurt to state:
    "New Player Portraits"
    on the Windows page.
  • MFbMMFbM Member Posts: 11
    Shouldn't there be gameplay videos of this game already? I'd really like to see how it looks like, and to be able to decide whether I really 'need' to play this game. :D

Attn Webmaster.

The BG:EE website list new player portraits will be available for all of the platforms except Windows.

Is this just an error on the website?

Its just an error. The player portraits are included in the Windows version.
    MFbM said:

Shouldn't there be gameplay videos of this game already? I'd really like to see how it looks like, and to be able to decide whether I really 'need' to play this game. :D

Don't expect the game to look that different aside from the new GUI/Movies/etc.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Its early September and i don't see my email yet. >:(
  • vlaidvlaid Member Posts: 1
    I recieved BG:EE as a gift, and I was wondering do I still get to pre-download it and get the badge as everyone else? No one answered my query in the beamdog forums so an answer here would be appreciated ^^
    edited September 2012
    @vlaid

Not really sure. Try sending a message to Nathan.

EDIT: You should be able to pre-download it at least.
  • GLenGLen Member Posts: 20
    @Tanthalas

Why We whouldn't expect that the game looks different? Screenshots at website are very nice, better than original BG1. Maybe this is only big resolution or.. it's paintshoped? ;)
    /shrug

Maybe I've just been looking at the game for too long now.
  • MFbMMFbM Member Posts: 11
    Come on Overhaul Games, give us more screenshots, or better yet, gameplay videos. It's almost release date already. Many small game developers also provide gameplay videos in before release date... if I'm not mistaken... ;)