Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    we all do.

the devs are silent lately, but it's because they probably barely have time to sleep. if it's not ready yet, it's not ready. i dont have a problem if they release a preload at 23.59.59 on 17., as long as it is stable, bug free copy.

with big production like this unexpected things always happen. lets wait and see...
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    As this is my very first post, I'll try to restrain my impatience, as I know the phrase "Good things come to those who wait . ." is particularly appropriate right now.
    I hate patience.

But seriously, if we cant play till the 18th anyway, I dont think the pre-install will affect too many of us too much. There may be the usual grumbles about bandwidth and download times if its a late pre-install (I'll likely be joining in with the very same grumbles), but when all is said and done, we'll all have a shiny new BG to play.

Frankly, patience doesn't look so bad to me any more.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012
    As long as the pre-load goes out late tonight or tomorrow, we'll all still have time to get the game downloaded before the launch, so please don't rush the developers as it's not like they are not releasing the launcher to punish you.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Patience is the art of concealing your impatience...

I'm no Artist :)

so please don't rush the developers as it's not like they are not releasing the launcher to punish you.

Rush the Devs?

Not at all my good man - I was merely expressing my need to play one of the greatest RPG's of all time, and, as I said, patience doesn't look so bad anymore.

In fact, when the game is finally available, even if its late, I'll be too busy playing to be too concerned about busting anyones nether regions for timekeeping. When I never expected to see an overhaul like this - I'm over the moon about it simpley existing.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336

I was merely expressing my need to play one of the greatest RPG's of all time

I'm in the same boat. I loaded up BGT just to test a few low level BG2 components in BG1 and I couldn't stop playing. I cleared all of the mines and several other areas before forcing myself to quit playing and wait for BG:EE.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    There's new content in BGEE and the first quest has already been released and can be played!

It's called a test of patience, playable by all pre-orderers on the board.

;-)

It's called a test of patience, playable by all pre-orderers on the board.

;-)

I was never very good at tests . . .

When I got my IQ tested I thought I'd gotten a great percentage score . . . .

Duh.
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    LOL, what a bunch of suckers us who pre-ordered are. They certainly weren't slow in charging my credit card. Now they make me wait an extra 2.5 months. What a blow job.
  • AblienAblien Member Posts: 4
    If you used a bank card to order, call your bank and get it reversed. It is not impossible to cancel your order, if that is what you wish to do.
    Cygnus said:

LOL, what a bunch of suckers us who pre-ordered are. They certainly weren't slow in charging my credit card. Now they make me wait an extra 2.5 months. What a blow job.

When you can walk into a game store and pre-order CoD Blops 2 almost six months early, I dont really think another month or two is such a big deal. Annoying that the choice was out of our hands maybe, but not a huge issue for me, even as impatient as I am.
    Ablien said:

If you used a bank card to order, call your bank and get it reversed. It is not impossible to cancel your order, if that is what you wish to do.

That would do it, though I know I wont be throwing my toys out of the crib anytime soon. :)

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'm pretty sure you can just contact Beamdog directly to cancel your pre-purchase if you want to.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Cygnus said:

But BJs are nice!
  • kingcrowleykingcrowley Member Posts: 23
    They said they were working on something special for us who preordered, give it time to see and its Baldur's Gate. It's totally worth waiting for. =)
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2012
    Hi Everyone I just pre-order mine a little while ago I'm looking foward to this game and to be honest I never played Balder's Gate I just got a question...

Does the Enacted Edition does it come with both Balder Gate 1 & 2..
    Does it come out this Tuesday I heard some people said it does?
    Since I order it today am I safe and will I be able to get extra stuff when it comes out for those who pre-order it.
  • RhetotelesRhetoteles Member Posts: 8
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    @Animeware
    BGEE contains only BG1. A BG2EE will be made later.
    The release date has been moved to Nov 30.
    You've pre-ordered so you've pre-ordered ;) I think the only perks that have been confirmed are that it's cheaper now, and that we'll be able to download (but not play) BGEE at some point before the actual release date.
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    Arveragus said:

It would also be helpful if Beamdog could ensure that persons who pre order are notified of the pre load date well in advance of November 30th. And also that they deliver the product as announced next time round.

Ummm, yeah good luck with all of that. :-)

• vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206
    Fuck that, I'm demanding it be released within 7 days or I'm getting a refund.
    No, forget all that, I want it released RIGHT NOW.
    To hell with that, I insist Beamdog get in the DeLorean with Marty McFly, go back to 1985, release the game THEN, and then give a copy to my younger self so I can have already played it!

DAMN, what's the matter with you people?!!! I PAID GOOD MONEY AND YOU DIDN"T RELEASE THE GAME. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, CHUCKLEHEADS??!?!

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Dont drink forum !!
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    vortican said:

Fuck that, I'm demanding it be released within 7 days or I'm getting a refund.
    No, forget all that, I want it released RIGHT NOW.
    To hell with that, I insist Beamdog get in the DeLorean with Marty McFly, go back to 1985, release the game THEN, and then give a copy to my younger self so I can have already played it!

DAMN, what's the matter with you people?!!! I PAID GOOD MONEY AND YOU DIDN"T RELEASE THE GAME. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, CHUCKLEHEADS??!?!

Dude ,

You just pay $17.9 for the pre-order , don't make yourself do the comical act

$17.9 isn't worth wasting your life here,

Getting refund as quickly as you can then leave here , you will look more like a normal person
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @darrenkuo I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.
  • captainfishcaptainfish Member Posts: 5
    Please, please, please, allow for alternate purchase sights. Using a license site like Beamdog is antithetical to some users. Beamdog forces users to launch their connection client, authorize to Beamdog servers before the game can be played. There are many people who don't believe in asking permission each time you want to play a game.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

Please, please, please, allow for alternate purchase sights. Using a license site like Beamdog is antithetical to some users. Beamdog forces users to launch their connection client, authorize to Beamdog servers before the game can be played. There are many people who don't believe in asking permission each time you want to play a game.

BG-EE doesn't require Beamdong client , it owns independent installer and only need to be verified one time then you can off line to play the game,
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    As long as it is a one off verification I really cannot see the problem. It was part of the master plan to pre load by downloading in any event. It is not as if you have to stay on line and connected to Beamdog or anyone else when you're playing the game.
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    you will also get to play BGEE Free online play and no monthly charges to you.....
  • CothargCotharg Member Posts: 1
    Can you confirm if the pre-order offer is now over?
    Having registered at Beamdog to attempt a pre-order the game price shows at $20 with no discount
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited October 2012
    @Cotharg, as far as I am aware, the pre-order discount of $2 ended after September 18; which was supposed to be the original release date before it was set back. There is no discount now.
  • RedcloakRedcloak Member Posts: 8
    The FAQ was updated with this:
    ----
    Q: How long will pre-orders go for?

A: You can pre-purchase Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition until the release of the PC version, in November. After that, the price goes to normal and we will no longer offer the forum badge
    ----

So, I don't know if it's an error in the FAQ or an error by Beamdog.