Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Redcloak I'm not sure if that's an error in the FAQ or with Beamdog.

Beamdog isn't offering the $17.99 price anymore, but they are still offering a pre-order forum badge for this forum (not the 'supporter' badge, though). If this is an error with the FAQ, then @PhillipDaigle should probably be notified about it.

I assume it was a simple mistake in that he took out September and amended it with November, not realising that the unedited bit on the end would possibly cause confusion.

It should probably read something like this:
    A: You can pre-purchase Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition until the release of the PC version, in November, at the normal price of $19.99. After the release, we will no longer offer the pre-order forum badge.
  • LordXenobiusLordXenobius Member Posts: 48
    Por mi parte no he adquirido el juego todavía a través de preorder, aunque como he leído en algún sitio parece que dichas personas tendrán un "extra", se sabe algo?.
    @LordXenobius, (">Google translate) Lo sentimos, no se sabe en este momento. No ha habido nada oficial en lo que el 'extra' cosa lo será.
  • swift_swordswift_sword Member Posts: 1
    I got a laptop running Windows XP (32 bit) and a PC running Windows 7 (64 bit). Can I use the same license for both?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

I got a laptop running Windows XP (32 bit) and a PC running Windows 7 (64 bit). Can I use the same license for both?

Depends on developers's comment , it must be ok ,
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Do I have to purchase the game from the actual computer I'm going to install it?
    @callimachus, you will need to activate/verify it from the computer you want to install it on, but you don't need to purchase it from that computer. The purchase is linked to your e-mail address and account, rather than your computer.
    OK so I did something stupid and when I ordered the game I accidentally purchased it as a gift. I was sent a code, but when I tried to redeem it I was told: "You can't send a gift to yourself."
    I tried posting a request for help on the beamdog forum, I tried sending an email to their contact email (which, by the way was not the most intuitive thing to find), but both went unanswered...

All in all, not the best online shopping experience I have ever had, and I'm really not sure how to proceed. Should I just cancel my pre-order?
    @callimachus, you can probably contact @Nathan or one of the other admins.

I might be able to help, though. If you send me the redeem code via PM (not just posting it on my profile), I'll give you a code in return that you can redeem. That would probably be the quickest way to resolve it as it would only take a couple minutes. Would that be satisfactory?
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Troodon80 said:

@callimachus, you can probably contact @Nathan or one of the other admins.

I might be able to help, though. If you send me the redeem code via PM . . . .

Erm, not trying to sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist here but. . .

Isn't that kinda the same as saying "If you send me your bank account number, sort code and details, I'll just double check that the payment went through . . ."?

Surely he could just cancel his order and then re-order the right product without having to **give away** his 'Gift' code? And surely an email address would allow anyone with access to "quick fix codes", the ability to resolve the issue without risking his 'Gift' code being transmitted unintentionally to someone else?
    @DecrepitDragon, it was an option. One of two options given. The first option was a more 'formal' option of contacting an admin (which was the one taken) and one was a member of the community offering help.

If the problem was trust, then I would simply send one of my codes first. Equally, in that scenario, I have no guarantee that I would get a redeem code in return. It's based on trust, and no assurance given would mean anything since we don't know each other. However, I have a few* to give away anyway, so that's not as much of a concern for me. If that trust is broken once, though, I wouldn't offer again -- such is trust when it is taken advantage of. The only reason why I did offer is because I do have some codes to throw away.

*All purchased, none stolen (three purchased before Sept 18, and twenty-five purchased after that date). I originally stated that there was a give-away in another thread on this forum, but I was surprised when only one person took the offer. Although, I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised; most likely everyone here on this forum has a copy or is involved with the game or forum in some way. Now, twenty are accounted for in upcoming deviantArt competitions (still planning that out! :D). Yes, I've been told I'm off my rocker for doing this as well as donating to Project Eternity. And no, I'm no more a 'true supporter' than anyone else. @Nathan has already crushed my dark ambition of becoming the greatest of all pandas ;-; (just kidding).

As a side note: I find it amusing that when someone offers help, an ulterior motive is assumed. It is good to be suspicious, though, especially with regards to money, but not everything should be seen in that light. There are some sincere people still left in the world. And I sincerely offer help whenever needed.
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Troodon and DecrepitDragon, but my problem has been resolved, and I'm a happy camper. :)
    edited October 2012
    @callimachus, I understand. The offer is still open to anyone else who may want help.

The offer is now closed. For anyone who would like a chance to win a free copy, you can try your luck in one of the competitions on deviantArt. One can be found here, although there isn't much time left on that. Other offers will be made in the future :).
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • @mch202
    I agree with your statement about those leading the charge usually die first.

Which brings another statement to mind,

"It's easiest to fight this war when you're last in line"
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Anyone knows that BGEE will have voices in the different languages (EX:spanish, italian, etc...) ​​or will be only in english on the release? I mean would only be the voices that had the original game in your language?
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited October 2012
    Ok NVM, just ignore this post.
    Post edited by Mungri on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Mungri It is... there is a new badge for those who preordered later.
  • CygnusCygnus Member Posts: 44
    BADGES??? BADGES???? Are you people freakin kidding me? Please take back my badge and just give me a game to play.

Badges. Sheeesh.
  • raabraab Member Posts: 1
    Ok, pre-ordered ! :D
  • GyumaouGyumaou Member Posts: 8
    after months of delaying I finally caved in... can't resist one of the best games I ever played, or that were ever released.

Hope they do get around to remaking the sequel too, loved SoA.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I had a dorkness moment today. Was posting and saw somebody typed THAC0 using a zero (not THACO), and realized that it's correct. I changed my ways to write THAC0 now. Therefore, I've gone deep end and am irretrievably a dork.
  • KagainKagain Member Posts: 12
    So... Any idea, when i can download pre-order, huh? Or i am just stupid... :(
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Hello every1 I just pre-ordered. Can I get a congratulations?
  • mickeyblueeyessjmickeyblueeyessj Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2012

Q: How will I pre-load the game? Via some sort of magnetic levitation device, or vertical jets?

A: The Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition installer will let you download the game data early, and will unlock on release day. If you choose to get the game through the Beamdog client, you'll be able to download all the game data early and it will unlock in the same way on release day.

So, if that's how we can download early, what am I supposed to do with my magnetic levitation jets?
  • kingcrowleykingcrowley Member Posts: 23
    Except we still have to wait to pre-load... hopefully soon.
  • COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15
    Beamdogs website shows "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is coming on November 30th, 2012 " per the little Wizard guy, and the primary page shows that Pre-Load available still with Forum badge. Have Forum badge, 18 Days till release(the Gods be Willing) and...Pre-Load TBA....Very Anxious...
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50

Hello every1 I just pre-ordered. Can I get a congratulations?

*cheering*

Congratulations! Well done! We are SO proud of you!

*equipping colored, pointy hat*
    *dancing around in happyness*
  • demacydemacy Member Posts: 12

I had a dorkness moment today. Was posting and saw somebody typed THAC0 using a zero (not THACO), and realized that it's correct. I changed my ways to write THAC0 now. Therefore, I've gone deep end and am irretrievably a dork.

I'm confused, whats dorky about talking about THAC0? (To Hit Armor Class 0)
    Maybe since I learned this and other D&D terminology as it was being released I just assumed it's just information about the game, never thought of myself as a dork because I understood something.
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Do I have to install the original game first or it will come complete?