Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15
    Anyone else getting this when they go to the Beamdog main page?

www.beamdog.com

503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    COrmith said:

www.beamdog.com

503 Service Unavailable

i got it but it disappears with next page reload
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    COrmith said:

www.beamdog.com

503 Service Unavailable

No, but it does seem much slower than usual to load any of Beamdog's pages.
  • spillern1spillern1 Member Posts: 2
    Mine appears to be frozen at 244 mb... any ideas it says dl speed is at 282kb/s but its not doing anything
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Troodon80 said:

@DecrepitDragon, it was an option. One of two options given. The first option was a more 'formal' option of contacting an admin (which was the one taken) and one was a member of the community offering help.

@Troodon80,

No offense was intended friend - call me cynical if you like, its probably an accurate description, but unfortunately in this life trust is usually earned, rarely given freely.

On those occasions where it is given freely, I'm the type of guy that usually asks why.

And, occasionally, its good to be shamed and humbled by the response. :)
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Can I download it and install in my other computer without internet connection? How?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    its difficult to download it without internet connection.

Edit :

But the game , when installed, should be playable once it checked with the internet.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4765/faq/p1
    I have a notebook and a desktop, the second has his internet board broken, now I only download with the notebook but I want to play in the desktop. Help :\
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    You can copy over the downloaded game files but you will have to verify the copy by logging on via the internet just one time. In other words, you cant use it on a computer that cannot be at all connected to the internet.

You can copy over the downloaded game files but you will have to verify the copy by logging on via the internet just one time. In other words, you cant use it on a computer that cannot be at all connected to the internet.

Ok, thanks :/
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    There is an alternative if you have wifi. Get a little usb dongle for it, and connect that way. It would probably still be cheaper to just replace your ethernet board though.
  • knowwheretorunknowwheretorun Member Posts: 30
    Has anyone heard/read any updates that detail what Trent Oster was referring to in his 9/14/2012 email when he wrote;

"To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date.We will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support."

Just curious what the little extra will be.
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20
    ^ fruit baskets
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    PhillipDaigle answered this a few days ago:

I think there's some confusion here, or Trent may have misspoke - it's not that only people who pre-ordered will get an extra bonus, but rather than with the additional time we've added some things that we weren't going to add. Unfortunately they're both not yet finished, but one will be going out as an announced feature in a post-release updates, and the other will be going out as a super secret (but really cool) easter egg in one of the post-release updates.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/137732/#Comment_137732
  • knowwheretorunknowwheretorun Member Posts: 30
    Thanks.
  • LoriLori Member Posts: 8
    Hello Guys,
    I dont know if this is the right location for posting my issure but i would be happy if someone could help me out with my problem. I bought baldurs gate ee in september and Im trying really hard to download it but everytime it tells me I dont have access. The stand alone installer tells me my account would not be provisioned for this title and with the beamdog installer client I only can buy it again. I think I dont check it at all. Dont I have to verify myself in any way to use the standalone installer? Why couldnt beamdog just send any code to get access to the download?:-)

maybe someone who read this has a clue for my issues, thank you
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Lori said:

Hello Guys,
    I dont know if this is the right location for posting my issure but i would be happy if someone could help me out with my problem. I bought baldurs gate ee in september and Im trying really hard to download it but everytime it tells me I dont have access. The stand alone installer tells me my account would not be provisioned for this title and with the beamdog installer client I only can buy it again. I think I dont check it at all. Dont I have to verify myself in any way to use the standalone installer? Why couldnt beamdog just send any code to get access to the download?:-)

maybe someone who read this has a clue for my issues, thank you

Make sure that you're logged in with your account on both Beamdog's website, AND logged in via either the client or the standalone installer.

If you still have problems, try uninstalling the client/installer and reinstall. Maybe you missed the update to the installer.
    Thanks for the recent answer! what are the both websites? the webpage and the forum?
    @Lori
    If you use the Client, remember to log in on that too. Same for standalone installer, if you use that.

I don't know for sure that it's important to be logged in on Beamdog's website, it's something I read somewhere here on the forums, but it's very important to be logged in on the installer so it can confirm you've bought the game.

If you still have problems, there's a thread discussing it here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7138/downloader-known-issues#latest

And here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6817/pre-loading-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-has-begun/p1
    I dont know where Im supposed to log in in the client. the stand-alone-installer doesnt ask me for my accountdata, the beamdog client does it, but I dont have any clue how I can download the game with it, because in "my games" isnt written anything, and in the store I only can buy it again. Can you tell me how I can log in into the stand alone installer?
    @Lori
    I'm sorry, I've not tried the standalone installer, I'm just going by other posts written about it.
    I've used the Client, and I don't understand why it doesn't show BG:EE under your games, it really should.
    You should be able to see your game in the Client, and I would think the same applies on the Beamdog web page

I just now tried myself to log in to Beamdog's web page, and I get a "503 Service Unavailable" error, so it appears to be down atm.

Try writing to support@beamdog and explain your problem, but I'm guessing that either something went wrong when you purchased the game, since doesn't show in your Client, or it's because they're swamped at the site because of pressure from all the ppl trying to download at the same time.
    @Lori
    I got access to Beamdog.com now.
    I logged in, and the game shows under my account, so something must have gone wrong when you purchased the game.
    Did you get an email after you purchased the game with a receipt?
    If not, you may have to try and purchase the game again, since it would seem as the purchase haven't gone through for whatever reason.
    I got the receipt from Beamdog and a transaction id from my bank and send them all together with my issue to the support, a few days ago. Untill now they seemed to examine my problem, I wonder If they can send me just another verification or reverse my order in due to repurchasing it.
  • generaldisastergeneraldisaster Member Posts: 4
    does anyone know what time GMT the game actually goes live?
  • roboprorobopro Member Posts: 1

does anyone know what time GMT the game actually goes live?

MDT is UTC-6, I think. But then I also think MDT is daylight savings time, and so it should say MST (UTC-7).

But yeah, somewhere around 19:00 to 20:00 tomorrow.
    Lori said:

I got the receipt from Beamdog and a transaction id from my bank and send them all together with my issue to the support, a few days ago. Untill now they seemed to examine my problem, I wonder If they can send me just another verification or reverse my order in due to repurchasing it.

Ahh.
    I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the support get back to you...

Good luck Lori. I hope you'll be able to play the game tomorrow sometime like the rest of us.
  • mordimordi Member Posts: 3
    20:00 norwegian/france time, wil it come out if i have my research right.
  • smoke0012smoke0012 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    its 12 PM on the 28th where I am now, can you unlock the game for me now?
    Post edited by smoke0012 on
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    Can I have my copy now please?
  • ElthrynElthryn Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask though it seems like it; does anyone know how I get my special pre-order badge, it doesn't seam like there's a connection between these forums and my Beamdog account.