Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    beto said:

Do I have to install the original game first or it will come complete?

No, It will come complete with BG1/Totsc/NewContent.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @beto

You don't need the original BG1.
  • EERidenourEERidenour Member Posts: 1
    So the BG:EE will be a separate installation on my computer? I can keep my original BG1 and BG2 with all mods and addons and there will be no conflict between them? Will I also be able to purchase one copy of BG:EE and install it on my desktop PC, my wife's desktop PC and my laptop computer? I would also be very interested in a hard copy (Collectors Edition) of BS:EE and other future BG games.
    @EERidenour

Yes, BGEE is an independent installation and shouldn't conflict with having vBG1 on your PC. I often have the beta running at the same time as BG1 and I have had no problems.

And yes, you can install BGEE as many times as you like and on all the computers you feel like, though try to be morally responsible and not install your copy of BGEE on the computers of all your friends.
  • AlumanAluman Member Posts: 1
    There is any way to preinstall it? dunno if someone can do it yet
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited November 2012
    Aluman said:

Other than being on the beta test team. No.

You'll need to wait your turn with the rest of us, baited breath is an optional extra.

• AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    Hi Never got my order did anyone else get theirs?
    @Animeware

BGEE will only be released on the 28th.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    30th is the latest date I heard.
    Or maybe 30th
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    edited November 2012
    decado said:

Aluman said:

Other than being on the beta test team. No.
    You'll need to wait your turn with the rest of us, baited breath is an optional extra.
    I heard Baited Breath was a required DLC.
    Post edited by PinkRose on
  • saffon69saffon69 Member Posts: 58
    any ideas on how long the down load will be ?
    Surely that depends on your download speed. I'd guesstimate between 2-3Gb in all.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2012
    Tents Twitter post on the 12th of September pegs it a bit higher. I seem to recall they wanted to get it under 1Gb but the compression didn't work out as hoped.

PC build is currently 3GB. The better quality music (44K vs 22K) and new content are pegging it that big. The quality requires the size

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    The 28th or the 30th...

Oy!, I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii, considering it's so near to release!
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20
    Freeze yourself, go to the future, then you can have the game. it'll will all be like a blink of an eye.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Hannarr said:

Freeze yourself, go to the future, then you can have the game. it'll will all be like a blink of an eye.

I live in Canada so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure the Canadian healthcare system won't screw this up...

*Takes a cold shower and walks outside wearing only shorts* See ya'll next week!

• TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    Quote from Trent Oster
    "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you."

Has there been any word on what the "something extra" is that Trent was talking about?
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20

Has there been any word on what the "something extra" is that Trent was talking about?

Maybe it'll be a thankyou.

also, beware giant otters.
    @Kharador

Stop your whining.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Hopefully for us "chosen ones" that pre-ordered the game will be able to play it earlier :P
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    You just might.

I'm going to be closing this thread when we hit release, if you have any suggestions for FAQ questions please direct them to the FAQ thread in the General forum.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    demacy said:

I had a dorkness moment today. Was posting and saw somebody typed THAC0 using a zero (not THACO), and realized that it's correct. I changed my ways to write THAC0 now. Therefore, I've gone deep end and am irretrievably a dork.

I'm confused, whats dorky about talking about THAC0? (To Hit Armor Class 0)
    Maybe since I learned this and other D&D terminology as it was being released I just assumed it's just information about the game, never thought of myself as a dork because I understood something.
    @damacy - it's dorky in that I care whether it's THACO or THAC0 (O letter or 0 numberal) now. It was meant to be amusing :D
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

You just might.

This sounds promising. No pressure, obviously :D.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210

You just might.

I'm going to be closing this thread when we hit release, if you have any suggestions for FAQ questions please direct them to the FAQ thread in the General forum.

Wow! No overtime for me next week at all then I think!
  • ArchfiendArchfiend Member Posts: 2
    If I read correctly, I have to buy both mac OSx and Windows version to play on both plateform ? Or is it possible to buy one version, and activate it on both plateform ?
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Archfiend said:

If I read correctly, I have to buy both mac OSx and Windows version to play on both plateform ? Or is it possible to buy one version, and activate it on both plateform ?

Yeah, you'll have to buy the game for every platform you want to play on.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I didn't receveid my email yet.
  • theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2012

Emails haven't been sent out yet, they should be going out around 1:30 MST.

Check this topic for details http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6817/pre-loading-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-has-begun/p1