Skip to content

[Item] Ankheg Armor usable by Druids (bug or no?)

2»

Comments

• JabJab Member Posts: 8
    It even seems, that as an Avenger dual classed to Fighter you will be able to use any armor with the exception of all studded leather armors. All-in-all Avengers seem to be in much better position in terms of armor selection than, let's say, Barbarians. Funny. :-)
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    I've read in the Bug fixes that they've now made the Ankheg Armor a non-magical item. Which means that early game it can be equipped with, for instance, a ring of protection +1. The Druid class, more than any other, will be very pleased...
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Yep! Good news, thanks.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Nevermind...
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Balquo @Cuv
    I am pretty sure that this has been fixed - my druid can use Ankheg Armor.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Yep, looks fixed to me
  • As an Avenger Druid in BG1:EE I was able to wear the Ankheg armor I found. I had also put a point in (sp.) Wakazishi/Ninjato and was using a +1 Wakazishi. When I downloaded and installed the latest update (2014) and started to play, the Ankheg armor and the Wakazishi were both still in their slots but were red colored to imply they were now unusable by the Avenger Druid. They were still in their slots and were still usable until I slept for the first time (or was it when I leveled up?...) and then I got a message that these were not usable by my character.

Logically, it would seem to me that a Druid should be able to wear the Ankheg armor since it is simply giant bug parts sewn together. You can't get more natural than that. I don't know if the update explicitly states that the Ankheg armor is now not allowed for Avenger Druids, but it was not a pleasant surprise.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

As an Avenger Druid in BG1:EE I was able to wear the Ankheg armor I found. I had also put a point in (sp.) Wakazishi/Ninjato and was using a +1 Wakazishi. When I downloaded and installed the latest update (2014) and started to play, the Ankheg armor and the Wakazishi were both still in their slots but were red colored to imply they were now unusable by the Avenger Druid. They were still in their slots and were still usable until I slept for the first time (or was it when I leveled up?...) and then I got a message that these were not usable by my character.

Logically, it would seem to me that a Druid should be able to wear the Ankheg armor since it is simply giant bug parts sewn together. You can't get more natural than that. I don't know if the update explicitly states that the Ankheg armor is now not allowed for Avenger Druids, but it was not a pleasant surprise.

I'm pretty sure druids in general can wear ankheg armour. It's just that the Avenger kit specifically says that they can't wear anything heavier than studded leather (or something like that). Also, the fact that they could use wakizashis to begin with was a bug, as Druids were always supposed to be limited to scimitars.
  • Thanks for the response. It is unfortunate that I now have a lvl 6 Avenger Druid who can no longer wear the armor I had been wearing or use the weapon I put a point into.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Drew_Berrymore54 luckily the proficiency group containing wakizashis also covers scimitars. In fact scimitars are actually better than wakizashis, as I believe the best wakizashi in the game is a generic +1, while you can find scimitars +2, and even +3 if you willing/able to kill a certain drow ranger.