Skip to content

Ice Island (tales of the sword coast) Area corrupted

KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
edited July 2013 in Fixed
I recall on Ice island when I was reading on the internet about BG, that there was a corrupted area you could not venture into. I don't remember the area-code sadly, but I think it was fixed by a modder in the past. It was a whole area to itself that the game forced you to skip over to the last part of the island.
Post edited by Balquo on
AndreaColombo

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited August 2012
    The lower level, as I recall. I did get the mod for that but never found it anyway. heh It would be great to add it if it's already a working area, but I think it was an unfinished area, so they'd have to build it... This makes this unfortunately a Feature Request- like the Unfinished Business requests- rather than a Bug Report, but not a bad request for sure.
  • SalkSalk Member Posts: 62
    The Ice Island is completely restored in BG1: Unfinished Business.
    AndreaColombo
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I've never actually played the restored Ice Island level. Is there much going on there? Any interactable NPCs? Or just random hostiles?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Balquo
    UB puts the guy with the cloak down there and (IIRC) adds a few monsters at the top of the stairs and down in the restored area.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Balquo
    It's AR1010... but... not a CLUA-in kind of area... Crashy crashy. A glance at it in vBG1 though shows no traps, nothing but a slew of monsters- winter wolves and mountain bears- in a maze- and the guy Dezekiel that @Wisp mentioned. Come to think of it I do recall the UB version- maybe did play it once. I think they implanted some traps and such as well. But, yeah, not much going storywise to give access to, so nothing more than an extra XP hunting ground at present.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Balquo @Cuv
    Is this area still corrupted in BGEE? Otherwise, archive time!
    Still corrupted.
    @Balquo
    Really? Can I add this issue to the redmine?
    Yes, do. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Balquo
    Done. http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/2392
    Thank you very much for your assistance :)
    Cuv
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    We're getting a signoff for the UB component, so the redmine report ain't necessary ;)
    Oh, really? That's nice! We even had it in the BG1 fixpack, now thinking about it.
    So my first redmine was useless. Great.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Still counts as experience you could list on your résumé.
    Aedan
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I got the core area working locally... Dezkiel is there and already has the cloak in the original game files. Will see about getting a fix in. Didnt look at UB to see what else it does... just going from the core vBG1 files
    edited February 2013

Still counts as experience you could list on your résumé.

You are right. Still a better experience than my present job :)

Anyway, I think it is more a bug-fix than a new content. As Cuv said, the area is already done; it "only" needs to be restored in the game.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited June 2015
    @Cuv , @Balquo Did The Second Dungeon Level Of The Ice Island Ever Get Restored?