Skip to content

[Bug] Party member DO NOT comply to their orders the first time !

124»

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Cerevant For me the party AI has no effect on this bug. It still happens with both attack and move commands even when the AI is turned off.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Ok, my understanding was that the "Fast click" problem was only movement, but it is possible that it affects attacks as well.
    edited February 2013
    As far as I can tell, it affects every type of command where you click something in the game screen after selecting one of your guys. This includes movement, attacking, speaking to an NPC, opening a door, etc.
    Ok, well the fix as I understand it will be to reduce or eliminate the required delay after a selection, so it should address all of those issues.
    Update and be merry...this one is fixed!
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    Great!!! Thanks!
    Holy moley! I wasn't expecting that - I can play BG:EE without the frustration again! Yay!

Awesome update, by the way. Congratulations to Overhaul and the entire crew. My hat off to you guys.
    Yeah, I think all the testers were expecting 2013 to go out, but they went ahead and released 2014.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Damn it...
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    ...what is even worse as before.
    Have you tried it yet? I'm not denying that the linked item is an issue, but if I'm reading it right, power-clickers who see this bug (quick click) would never see the other bug (slow click), and vice-versa. It also seems that it is difficult (but not impossible) to reproduce the new bug if you use the standard frame rate.

It is certainly a bug that needs to be fixed, but to say the game is now worse off is exaggerating.
    Yep. First I decided to not to download this patch because:
    - The new numbers for items with slots hide the pictures of the items too much (why not placing this new numbers to another corner?) Sorry for my English, not knowing the correct word for items with slots.
    - The new numbers on items with slots are appearing on another items if you switch to another character at the quick item menu
    - Now you can't attack in pause mode
    - Now the highlights for text choices are missing at conversations
    - Now you can't open doors, loot items, etc. if you click bad.
    And so on...
    But after reading through many topics here I decided to download it despite of the new bugs because apparently we are the beta testers of this game, we even paid for it, as it seems you don't have enough time or people to test everything before a release. So I downloaded it to test again, and yes, I was experiencing this bug too. It is very annoying when you fight: you click on an enemy but only the party move formation is appearing, and you see that your characters only want to move not attack. You have to click many times on the enemy until your characters understand what you wanted from them. Thanks for reading.
    edited February 2013
    I found the word: charges (instead of slot). So I meant the new numbers for charges are overlapping and hiding the art of the item icons (just look at the wands). And the numbers are remaining there even if you change between characters. They are remaining on items with no charges.

Update: I realized that you wanted to move away the new numbers as far as possible from the other numbers. I checked the item icons too and found many icons which liked the numbers where they are now (the other corner overlaps / hides staffs). But I found more that loved the life without numbers at all. They dreamed of numbers which are beside them. There is enough space out there on the grand GUI.

I say this depite of it was I who wished the greater numbers, even posted a bug report about it, and you were so kind and enlarged all the numbers. And I loved you because of this. But now with the charges added there are too many numbers in my inventory I think.