Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Override folder

lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,424
I use ifunbox for custom portraits/transferring save files. But I also want to do some extra mini customisations in the game. As I understand it, we need to create an override folder under Baldur.app folder first. But it is not permitted unless your device is jailbroken first.

This I don't understand, because I was able to create portraits folder under library, transfer custom portraits there, and transfer save files back and forth with my PC BG:EE version. So I can edit the files under library just fine. If I create an override folder under there it just does not work.

I want to be able to do the most basic modding like swapping a few edited monster and item files into override folder, is all. But I guess there is no way to do it without a jailbreak?

I wish game developers had an existing override folder we could dump files into, for our own modding purposes. Or we could create a working override folder ourselves within library folder and the game would detect it correctly. As it is, I think override folder HAS to be under the main application folder or it won't have any effect at all. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comments