Skip to content

BG2 Jaheira romance

So there I am with nothing left to do but attack the vamp nest near the end and I still have a whole damn bunch of chats to have with Jaheira. I've tried to speed it up using the console, but I must be doing it wrong because nothing is happening. Help?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • keltarkingkeltarking Member Posts: 53
    I've done everything there is to be done up to that point. You're saying I should just find a place and keep hitting the sleep button?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • keltarkingkeltarking Member Posts: 53
    I noticed.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Kill her and fabricate some fake story in the journal(Bhaal essence is interfering). Nah, just take your time.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited February 2013
    To @keltarking and everyone!

I you have a question abot Jaheira, ask me - I like this NPC a lot, she's always a part of my gameplay so I'll try to help.

And now about the topic.

First of all, attacking the vamp nest is not connected to the stage of romance. Bodhi takes your love interes, that's all.

If Jaheira is in your party and doesn't talk to you for a long period of time, the romance is screwed up.

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL") – to find out what value it has.

I think you'll see 3 – romance is dead for good.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX) - you'd type 2 (instead of XX) – romance lives, NPC is finally in love with you.

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") while holding the mouse pointer over a character’s portrait. Press return and the console will show you their romance rating.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,XX) which sets your love talk to a given rating, where XX is a number. (So if you really blow it or get stuck by a bug you might be able to get things moving again). - it's your situation if you want to speed up the romance.

LT=70 (instead of XX) is the end of romance with Jaheira.

After that wait for Terminsel to appear (after about an hour (of real time, you must be outdoors, and you mustn’t be at the Underdark Exit, Trademeet, Slums district nor City Gates).
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't romance events based on "real time" instead of "game time"? In that case just leave your game on for a night.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Yeah, I heard you can just have the game paused overnight to trigger the romance talks. Haven't tested it myself.

Still, props to @bengoshi for that info. I'll definitely take it into account should I decide to get my druid-lovin' on.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure if it counts the time for this purpose when it's paused, @Madhax. You may have to leave it actually running.

@keltarking, hitting sleep doesn't work. You've got to rack up actual playing time, not just advance the game-clock. Unless you've skipped huge chunks of gameplay (and I see that you say you've done everything, so I assume you haven't missed anything significant), you certainly ought to have progressed through most of the romance plotline by now. So I guess something must have happened which terminated the romance. One thing which can abruptly end the romance (and without informing you that it's over) is if Jaheira has ever been turned to stone at any time - that kills the romance, and restoring her from petrification doesn't restore the romance. (Which may be a bug, I'm not sure whether the designers intended this or not.) So if Jaheira ever gets stoned, the only way to save the romance is to cast Power Word: Reload.