Skip to content

Drizzt Do'Urden Randomization

The user and all related content has been deleted.
AntonBalquoIchigoRXC[Deleted User]MoomintrollreedmilfamDarksheerKidCarnivalEudaemoniumfrancoUrd1enMalicronRykn

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    As long as you can have some control over when the encounter occurs I'd be okay with it. Say, random encounter when transitioning to that particular map or a few particular maps - kind of like Dorn.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Wowo
    True, i really don´t want meet him on lvl 1.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    How about a random encounter that doesn't trigger until you're a certain level? Barring Drizzt from appearing until you're level 5-ish, then making it a single-digit percent encounter, would probably be sufficient.
    franco
    [Deleted User]darthminscPowerdeath1franco
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I was wrong about one thing. Those areas are not just located to the SW of the map, but are actually all over the map. I'll probably reduce the chance of him appearing by a bit.

In any case, I'll probably get the weidu version of this mod soon enough.
    Powerdeath1[Deleted User]
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I thought you always met Drizzt right after the Underdark in BG2?
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    So you can still use cheese to kill him in BG:EE? Thought the pathfinding exploit was removed? If it wasn't I'm glad lol.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Melicamp said:

So you can still use cheese to kill him in BG:EE? Thought the pathfinding exploit was removed? If it wasn't I'm glad lol.

Lots of other cheese that people use (like kicking characters out of the party around him) that could be helped if you couldn't set up around him, etc. Not sure if this mod addresses these cheese scenarios.

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    You can't save or rest in these areas. It is a little more risky at least.
    Powerdeath1[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    Samus said:

Almost forgot to add... "The Drow Rule Supreme!"

damn straight they do
    elminsterRyProv[Deleted User]
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited May 2013
    This is a good idea, but I'll still kill him. His armor is must have for fighter/thieves. Why can't my main be a drow??

Also, what is up with house Du'Urden? Baeloth and Viconia had a dialogue about it.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I'll take no part in this. I'm a sensetive Drizzt fanguy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @Samus. I think randomizing Drizzt's location is a great idea. Aside from preventing cheese, I've always liked the idea of increasing the level of uncertainty into a mod. Randomizing the positions of some of the other NPCs, whose locations are not essential to the story line, might also add a bit more challenge and cut down on a little of the meta-gaming.
    [Deleted User]