Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited March 2013
    Did something change in the .mos files with the new BGEE updates? I cannot open a lot of .mos files with DLTCEP? I tried with near infinity and it says height is set to 0. I tried a different version of DLTCEP with no luck. I cannot get the mos files I need in order to finish up BETA 6. The universe is against me releasing BETA 6.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    You want the other one :)@Avenger_teambg

For the record, I think something might have changed in one of the area formats but I'm not entirely sure. I've been pretty busy with my own development tasks so I didn't get a chance to check on the recent engine updates.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited March 2013
    @Avenger LOL. Sorry for the accidental summoning ;)

The tileset format has definitely changed, but until now .mos files have been the same-- @Coriander, did the .mos format change at all in the last update?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Some people already managed to modify pvrz files, so if you know that mosv2 simply uses one or more pvrz files, and you manage to locate those files, you can do what you want with them.
    The newest dltcep at least limps along if it kicks a mosv2, so you can keep editing the .chu itself as well. Sadly it is difficult to squeeze into the current code, so editing with perfectly rendered mosv2 is not possible as of now.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    Plus look at it this way, with so many people looking forward to this mod every bug you find is pressure on the devs to fix. :) It sucks now, but the reward will be fantastic!
  • KasKas Member Posts: 28
    errr.. am I the only one who can not download this file?
    clicking download link does not work for me
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @Kas download is on hold until new version is ready, if I am not mistaken. There was a dropbox link to the old version of the mod by @Archaic in one of the pages of this thread if you are so inclined, but because old version's inventory and character screens are not compatible with the newest game patch and cause crashing. Other files and screens work well.
    Still working away on the record screens. There are soooo many of them to redesign - this might take a few days. BETA 6 release is so close I can almost taste it. :)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Go for the eyes, @Archaic, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    LIKE!
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    I think it would be a good idea to have the link in the web page point to the 1st post(and update it) instead of #latest, better for a hypothetical member of this forum who doesn't know your mod(as I said, hypothetical) to be taken to an introduction, screenshots, downloads, ... than whatever the last couple of posts here are at that point.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    They look so nice! I play with the old version on my Ipad (minus inventory and record screens, to avoid crashing, so it is a strange hybrid) and I can't believe how natural and wonderful the game looks now, I can't imagine why I was playing with the vanilla GUI, really. I never thought it was terrible, but after experiencing your mod it is impossible to go back. Esp. increased font size is a must to have on ipad. :-) Awaiting the new version!
    edited March 2013
    @Rasekov - Thanks for the feedback. I have other things in store for ArchaicGUI.com. Thats just a temp page for now. I hope to debut the site with BETA 6 release.
    @lunar - Thank you. Hopefully you will have a full working GUI mod soon here. I can understand about going back to the vanilla GUI...
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    is it possible to get your various imoen and 'green woman' portraits Ive seen in your screenshots for use please?
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    Brilliant! Thankyou theyre lovely.
    I remember in one of your archaic preview screenshots seeing another imoen-like portrait (not one of the screenshots in this thread, and Im afraid I cant find it now :S)
    if you happen to know what I mean, do you have this too please?
    @kungfuhobbit - You're welcome. I don't recall using another Imoen portrait, sorry.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Whoa. I havent checked out this whole mod yet or anything, I thought it was about reverting to original GUI colors for some reason... but... but...

That Imoen pic, 6 posts before mine... *drool* :D

I need to look into this.
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to give a shout out to @Metalloman, @Kamigoroshi, & @mlnevese for their help with testing the new BETA 6 before its public release. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.