Skip to content

[BUG] Xar and Montaron leaving and joining issues...

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited February 2013 in Fixed
When clicking the speech icon to talk to these in party, they will start the rejoin script or boot out script randomly. Not a real issue as they will rejoin afterwards using the same script, but still...

This happened to me in Nashkel and I had already booted and joined them a few times already.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Registered #1966

This kind of bug was fixed for several npcs.
    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Sorry @avenger_teambg. I am doing a slow, complete quest run of BG:EE.

I want to document all the bugs I find to be helpful... But so far, it seems I have only found 1 not already reported!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Ok, i think this was already fixed for these too, so wait for r2013, it will be fixed in that patch for sure.
    Anduin
  • begubegu Member Posts: 5
    I have a problem as well regarding the recruitment of Xzar and Montaron. I had them in the beginning in my group with Imoen just to get the to the Friendly Arm Inn. I kicked them out and let Khalid and Jaheira join. Now I have been to Baldur's Gate and got already the book to go the Candlekeep. Just for fun I thought about rerecruiting Xzar and Montaron from the Friendly arm Inn and throw Minsc and Dynaheir away. (other characters are Imoen, Kivan, Coran)..

Well I talked to Xzar and let them join, kicked Dynaheir and Minsc out and *PUFF* all my characters explode and game over. Tried it again from my save game, it happened again. Tried also with kicking out Kivan and Coran instead, and the same thing. Went outside of Friendly Arm Inn and came back, and still the same thing. It seems to be that I cannot recruit them anymore as all my characters just explode. I believe this is a bug?

I am running the latest version 2014 and I a running the game in French if that makes any difference.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @begu Do you have a savegame from before it happens?
    Yes, here are two save files from different parts with the same problem. Just take my character, go talk to xzar, let them join and and kick out minsc and dynaheir. And see everyone explode and get game over.
    @begu Thanks. I'll test this when I get home.
    Just finished that chapter (without xzar and montaron =( ) and tried if I could hire them in the next chapter. No, still the same problem. Everybody just explodes. I guess X & M wont be part of my group before I finish the game =/
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited March 2013
    When Lothander says you'll die without the antidote, he means it. You need to finish that quest before the time limit is up. Luckily for you, an A.I. script handles the actual killing part, so if you keep A.I. off and don't rearrange your party, you'll be okay. (Go finish that quest!)
    @begu Looked at your savegames. You started the Lothander quest but never finished it. When you dismiss some characters, it briefly activates ai scripts and in this moment it runs the poison script and kills your party. Actually if you turn on AI your entire party dies.

You can read more about it here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/265947/
    Thanks for the help both.

Damn. Of course I had to read the tome immediately when I got it. Cannot really finish the quest then.

Hopefully there are no updates coming in regards of this quest and I can at least finish the game without getting killed by that poison.