Skip to content

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

Comments

• officialhopsofofficialhopsof Member Posts: 7
    Asus Transformer TF101 please!
  • Kroko07Kroko07 Member Posts: 1
    Poor xoom, not much love :(
    nirac
  • Brian_EndersBrian_Enders Member Posts: 1
    I would really like to see this on the blackberry playbook :P
    If not the nexus 7.
  • NiltNilt Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I actually have both a Transformer TF700 (recently upgraded from a TF300T) and a Nexus 7. Either would be nice but the TF700 is easier to deal with for gaming, IMO, so I voted for that. Can hardly wait for this to drop. Between this and Shadowrun Returns, my nostalgic gaming is going to kill me this year!
  • o2mikeo2mike Member Posts: 5
    I would love to play it on my ASUS Padfone 2.
    So I would vote for any Snapdragon S4 Pro or Snapdragon 600 Tablet, if there was any in the poll.
  • FerfiuFerfiu Member Posts: 1
    Samsung Galaxy S II, please. :)
  • ansayaminaansayamina Member Posts: 4
    Well, won't BGEE work on anything with sideloading apk?
  • NiltNilt Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    o2mike said:

I would love to play it on my ASUS Padfone 2.
    So I would vote for any Snapdragon S4 Pro or Snapdragon 600 Tablet, if there was any in the poll.

Unfortunately, the different SoCs in various devices is a huge part of the issue folks have when developing for Android. It's a huge reason developers tend to prefer iOS ... it's frankly easier for games. We're not talking about a basic app, after all, when 3D rendering comes in to play.

People make a lot of the supposed piracy issues and the claim that Android users only want free games but, frankly, there are a lot of my friends with Android that happily pay for games. The Tegra SoCs seem to really be capturing the gaming side of things. While that's a non-issue for me, with a Transformer Infinity (TF700) and a Nexus 7, it'd be great to see a well done game that plays nicely on any hardware.

Edited to add: I also happily pay for games. :)
  • o2mikeo2mike Member Posts: 5
    @Nilt
    As far as I know the Unity Engine runs just fine on a wide variety of SoCs, including Qualcomm chips as well as Tegra chips.
  • mman360mman360 Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 4
  • hbarsquaredhbarsquared Member Posts: 1
    I voted for the Nexus 7, but I'd add the Nexus 4 if you're making a phone-friendly version (and if the poll was multiple-select).

FYI, I found this poll through Kotaku.
  • NYCHitman1NYCHitman1 Member Posts: 1
    Would greatly appreciate a version for the Nexus 10 and/or US Galaxy S 3 models.
  • GhostOfVault13GhostOfVault13 Member Posts: 1
    I will gladly be a guinea pig and alpha test this on my transformer TF101 O.O
  • MoskillerMoskiller Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 7 without any dubts -> great hardware and best selled in the world
  • ansayaminaansayamina Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Nilt said:

Edited to add: I also happily pay for games. :)

As do I, although my conscience isn't pure, I own games that I play. With.
    I suggested sideloading BGEE as viable option for people with incompatible devices. I, for one, will buy BGEE again, for Android as I did for PC, as most of us probably will. But poor compability won't help with sales and lot's of people are using low end devices or obscure one. Like this cheap transformer alternative for example http://goclever.com/hybrid_3g

I will gladly be a guinea pig and alpha test this on my transformer TF101 O.O

We all would >]

• KendoKendo Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Asus TF700 Infinity. Has a Keyboard dock. And just like the originial BG, easier to map out keyboard shortcuts. Along with the Nexus 10, Full HD to boot. Oh, and please add mouse support too.
    Post edited by Kendo on
  • tiggerdntiggerdn Member Posts: 1
    kindle fire 8.9!
    krmarks
  • BGPlayerBGPlayer Member Posts: 1
    Please add support for the Asus TF101. It would be AWESOME if only we could play BG using a Bluetooth PS3 controller, so please add support for it too. (BTW how come is the TF101 NOT on the voting list?!)
  • KubusKubus Member Posts: 15
    BGPlayer said:

It would be AWESOME if only we could play BG using a Bluetooth PS3 controller, so please add support for it too.

Are you serious? You know what kind of game this is and how it is played, do you?
    etotheoAristillius
  • ianismicianismic Member Posts: 1
    I see the XPERIA S isn't that popular but it still gets a vote from me
  • DarderDarder Member Posts: 1

Please only comment to add a new device to the list.

Samsung Galaxy Tab (1) 10.1 LTE

Aristilliusdiggerb
  • atomboneatombone Member Posts: 1
    Looks like nexus 7 FTW. I've been waiting a long time for this release. I'm ready to drop 10 on it pronto!
  • FradgersFradgers Member Posts: 1
    Asus Transformer TF201 please! (I have voted for the Asus Transformer TF300 since it is probably most similar)
  • durosduros Member Posts: 1
    Transformer Prime TF700 pleeyuzzz
  • Ruin91Ruin91 Member Posts: 1
    I just got one question.,.when will this game be out for tablets?
  • object404object404 Member Posts: 2
    Sony Ericsson XPeria Play for the hardware gaming buttons!
  • The_BootsThe_Boots Member Posts: 1
    TF700!
  • object404object404 Member Posts: 2
    Granted the XPeria Play doesn't have the best specs out there, but XPeria Play users are hardcore phone gamers (your target market) and even inXile made a fantastic & perfect port from the PC of The Bard's Tale.
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    TF201 support would be great!!!