Skip to content

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

Comments

• punkrockserferpunkrockserfer Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy Note 2 PLEASE!!! I've been playing Avadon on my Note 2 and it's a blast, I can only imagine how awesome BG will be!
  • suade907suade907 Member Posts: 1
    Make it for the Note 10.1 and i'll buy it day one.
  • eracer68eracer68 Member Posts: 1
    Created an account for the sole purpose of voting. Asus TF300 please!!!!
    Aristillius
  • krmarkskrmarks Member Posts: 1
    I will do just about anything to have this running on my Kindle Fire HD. The Kindle is dying for some good games on it. It will sell like crazy.
    Chemwizardkagenikaze
  • RalphTrickeyRalphTrickey Member Posts: 8
    I'd like to see the display optimized for one 7 inch and one 10 inch 16:9 display. Since you aren't doing fancy things, I hope that would be sufficient. I'd be concerned about just shrinking the apple display.

I like the nexus but that's because its what I have ;)
  • RalphTrickeyRalphTrickey Member Posts: 8
    krmarks said:

I will do just about anything to have this running on my Kindle Fire HD. The Kindle is dying for some good games on it. It will sell like crazy.

I agree with this. Apart from the size the kindle would be great.
    Chemwizard
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385

Asus Transformer TF201 - this is still a major device, and likely owned by many of your core demographic.

+1
  • ThorlordThorlord Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 should definitely be the first ones made compatible.

Making a build with best compatibility with AOSP devices will translate to better compatibility for the various mods based off of AOSP such as the extremely popular CyanogenMod. Supporting a Tegra 2 and Tegra 3 devices (and the Samsung SOC's) is critical, but i also notice that the only device on that list that uses a Qualcomm chipset is the Sony Xperia S which is also the lowest voted.

So my recommended order: (and compatibility testing)
    Nexus 7 (OS: AOSP, Tegra3 SOC, 7in)
    Sony Xperia S (OS: Gingerbread, Qualcomm SOC, 4.3in)
    Nexus 10 (Samsung SOC, 10in)
    Motorola Xoom (Tegra2 SOC)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD (OMAP SOC)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch (1024x600)

Ensure your game is compatible with these and future device compatibility will be significantly easier as you've already made it compatible with the most popular chipsets, and operating systems. 1024x600 is the lowest resolution you will probably find on a tablet.

You could probably switch out an any of the Asus tablets for the Nexus 7, Asus uses the stock AOSP version of android and has mostly tegra 3 chip sets in them. Making the game work on the Nexus 7 covers them pretty dang well (seeing as how they made the hardware for the Nexus 7)

I personally own a HP Touchpad modded with CM10, I seriously doubt the game will ever be tested on this thing (and you should be investing time into more popular devices) so my only hopes of ever even touching the game is excellent AOSP support and support for a Qualcomm SOC.
    Post edited by Thorlord on
  • stryk187stryk187 Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 7" please! It's a great device, and by this time I'd be comfortable assuming the install base for it is HUGE! It's the best tablet choice for anyone on a budget. It gives, hands down, the most bang for your buck. If BGEE were optimized with the Nexus 7 close in mind, it would be an easy purchase decision for me, and many others I'm sure.
  • SybariteSybarite Member Posts: 1
    Please don't forget that 4:3 9.7" Android tablets exist as well!
    Thorlord
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    I voted for the TF700 Transformer, but I'd love to see it on the Nexus 7 as well.
  • BadCRCBadCRC Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 7...
  • RawiRawi Member Posts: 7
    Nexus roms should be the priority as other devices who can run aosp based roms (for example cyanogen) will most likely work fine as well.
  • rejoperejorejoperejo Member Posts: 1
    I would like to ask for testing on Asus EEE Pad 101, Asus Transformer TF101 or Asus Slider SL101 (my tablet). The three are the same except for the phisical keyboard configuration, so testing on one of them would allow you to include three tablets as compatible. Thanks in advance.
  • trumpettitrumpetti Member Posts: 1
    samsung galaxy note 1 n7000
  • CyramboCyrambo Member Posts: 2
    I have been waiting soooo patiently, if this game does not work on my Note 10.1, I might snap! Alright, I probably won't snap, but I will be greatly disappointed...
  • prooosprooos Member Posts: 1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 ( P5100 )
  • benjobenjo Member Posts: 1
    I voted for the nexus 7 but my number 1 choice is really the galaxy note 2. I didn't notice that option until after I voted
  • tirantloblanctirantloblanc Member Posts: 1
    The development should focus on Nexus (xoom as well) and Galaxy devices.
  • CaddyCaddy Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 7 if you're going tablets, but the SG Note 2 is a very viable choice too, since it's probably one of the most popular "tablet phones" for gaming.
  • CalgaryMaverickCalgaryMaverick Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Really hope that the Asus TF300 gets supported.
  • BGnutBGnut Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy note 10.1,big screen, quad 4 pros. 2 gigs of working ram ,it would run smoothly and look amazing!!!!! Been waiting months since i heard the was coming to android,wife has a ipad and ipad has it already, going crazy knowing that its there to play but have been waiting for android release !!!!
  • Bakstroker71Bakstroker71 Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy S4 please... Nexus 7 for sure!
  • joe_blackjoe_black Member Posts: 1
    Archos 101XS, Cortex A9 1.5GHz CPU, PowerVR™ SGX544 GPU, 10.1’’ : 1280 x 800 resolution.
  • Espionage724Espionage724 Member Posts: 1
    Fungostar said:

Please make it run on baseline reference devices, all other will come as a consequence.

I agree with this. Nexus 10 still gets my vote though since it'll be the baseline for all future high-resolution tablets. What better way to get publicity other than having BG's run on Android "and" look great at 2500x1600. Future devices will thank you :p
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    Nexus 7.
  • scagscag Member Posts: 1
    Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus wifi ( gt-p6210)
  • HaikuHaiku Member Posts: 1
    The recently kickstarted Ouya will be coming to stores soon, and it is essentially an Android device - is how about bringing BG to that platform?
  • GanimothGanimoth Member Posts: 1
    About Ouya, there is a big problem with converting the game to the gamepad controlls.
  • CisMeCisMe Member Posts: 1
    I'm waiting BGEE 100% run in my GalNote 10.1 thx...