Skip to content

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

Comments

• iherbivoreiherbivore Member Posts: 1
    How about all tegra 3 devices? I have a Toshiba at300se. I want to play your game.
  • ShadowWolfShadowWolf Member Posts: 33
    Nexus 7 is a really good pick
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Asus TF101 please, with mouse and keyboard support if possible :)
  • NyrosNyros Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy Note 2 all the waay :) ,can't wait for the game guys,very hyped about this.
    noonoo
  • gtrenchevgtrenchev Member Posts: 1
    Guys,listen to reason.To minimize bugs and work time,you should set your priority on the most popular chipsets and screen resolutions that work well for you.That would be:

Quallcomm S3 (Dual-Core Scorpion + Adreno 220) in the Xperia S,HTC Sensation,Galaxy Note,etc
    Quallcomm S4 (Dual/Quad Krait + Adreno 225/320) in HTC One,Xperia Z
    Samsung Exynos 44xx (Dual/Quad Cortex A9 + Mali-400MP4) in Galaxy S2,S3,recent S4
    Tegra 3 (Quad Cortex A9 + GeForce ULP) in Nexus 7,HTC One X
    TI OMAP 44xx (Dual Cortex A9 + SGX540) in Galaxy Nexus

That's millions of devices.I guess your developers proposed to use resolutions higher than WVGA.The most common ones are 1280x720 and 1920x1080.Most upcoming devices in high-end and mid-range class will use these resolutions,so my advice is to take them on priority.Don't waste your time with nameless devices that are barely supported even by their manufacturers.Focus on platforms that will provide you many sales,tech support and sufficient performance.You have 4 GPUs to care for : Adreno,Mali,PowerVR and GeForce ULP.And 2 or 3 resolutions : HD,FullHD and 1024-something.

All of these chips are vastly supported on chipset - and GPU level.A lot of devices are upcoming using these chipsets and resolutions.If you get a grip right now,you will launch a very successful game.
    noonoo
  • iwatsuiwatsu Member Posts: 1
    Ouya....! Tegra 3.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Note 2, as I was just gifted one a couple of days ago. ;)
  • jkehrljkehrl Member Posts: 1
    Asus Transformer TF201 or any other device that has resolution of 1280 x 800 and a Tegra 3 processor (ie Nexus 7). Given your need to prioritize you may look at partnering with NVidia for Tegra optimization as I imagine they provide financial support in making the product tegra exclusive for some limited time window and can potentially provide free reference devices for testing and additional muscle for advertising.
  • FlozemFlozem Member Posts: 9
    Nexus 7 - been waiting for far too long.
  • SpookyySpookyy Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 10 for sure!
  • specter597specter597 Member Posts: 15
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 !
    Sure, the Nexus line up are awesome, but don't forget those of us that opted for removable storage devices!
    A1Doggs
  • ericb135ericb135 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to see the TF201
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    Nexus 7 without question
  • MatthewMatthew Member Posts: 21
    Damn it! I hope this is going to work on my Sony Xperia!
  • MSMWMSMW Member Posts: 2
    Where is Xperia T on the list? I got Bond Phone, and I would like to see Baldur's Gate on it.

Fortunately I also own Nexus 7, so I'll get copy for Android anyway.
  • SchnitzelSchnitzel Member Posts: 17
    Close the poll! Close that pool alredy and take my money!
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 13
    The Kindle Fire HD is the best selling Android tablet but has scored very low in this poll. What should be considered is that the casual market are potential buyers, but they won't know about the poll. It'd be crazy to ignore this potentially big market.
  • PantomimePantomime Member Posts: 1
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with its lux 2 gig of ram, with it you can truely live the glamorous life (que the Shiela E)
  • LordShaperLordShaper Member Posts: 1
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch Please!!!
  • ServalServal Member Posts: 1
    I have the Asus TFT101 but I voted for the Nexus 7 .
  • citizenBGcitizenBG Member Posts: 2
    Please Trent Nexus 7. My dream of a handheld BG could be so close to reality... PUh-leeze:-) :-
  • jonasnichollsjonasnicholls Member Posts: 7
    Galaxy note 10.1 please!!
  • NachtrafeNachtrafe Member Posts: 1
    jbeige said:

Toshiba Thrive 10"!!! Please! Or any Tegra2 device, and hopefully I can get it to work..

Yes Please!!!

• ThousanderThousander Member Posts: 1
    Galaxy Tab 2 7" please!
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I want blackberry playbook
    Srsly close the poll. Winners are nexus for 7` ,galaxy note for 5`.And you have one hard decision -selecting 10 inch tables.
  • FoodgeekFoodgeek Member Posts: 12
    I have a Motorolla Razr Maxx.
    edited March 2013
    Foodgeek said:

I have a Motorolla Razr Maxx.

Call the antique expert.
  • rkp71rkp71 Member Posts: 16
    Voted for Nexus 7 , but I hope it runs on my Acer a500 as well.
  • kaiserpckaiserpc Member Posts: 1
    Tf201 please. Keyboard and/or mouse support would be great