Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013

I was hoping that there was a mod that had a High Fantasy feel to it. More in tune with the color scheme of that Elven top picture thingy.

Uhh... looking at UI like that could result a serious headache after some hours. :P
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited March 2013
    @Archaic: I totally agree.

@Captain_Feathersword: you could have said more humbly: "Have you in mind to add some alternative selections with different coloured GUI in the next future?" maybe adding some propositions on which colour should be added in some possible next versions, don't you think?

By the way, the comment you've just added fits better, here. :)

Sometimes one should weight his words before posting, as you could be seen as offensive but... the fact that you've apologized is good.. :)

Just try to be less rough and more propositive, next time, this is the right way to be, not only in our forum, of course, but surely would be appreciated, here! :)
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Just wanted to welcome @Kaeloree to the closed beta testing team. Thanks for the support and help with BETA 6.
  • damoqlesdamoqles Member Posts: 3
    Guys, why can't i download the mod?
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Beta 6 is not finished yet and the previous version stopped working properly after 2014 update.
    Oh... well. Thank you.
    @damoqles - Check back in awhile and you can get your hands on the new version. Thanks for stopping by.
  • ertertwertertertwert Member Posts: 4

Sorry. I didnt mean the mod or your work was awful, only I find the color unappealing to look at. I am sorry I didnt think too hard before typing.
    I've looked at the Beta 6 pictures and they too are just too monochrome for my tastes. I like the layout and you have obviously spent a lot of time making them. Thanks for your hard work, I just dont think this is for me. When I Think Baldur's Gate I think High Fantasy and I dont feel that with your mod. That isnt to say it is not good work, just not what I envisioned and not what I was looking for.

I was hoping that there was a mod that had a High Fantasy feel to it. More in tune with the color scheme of that Elven top picture thingy.

Could always try making your own. ;)
    Archaic said:

@damoqles - Check back in awhile and you can get your hands on the new version. Thanks for stopping by.

Certainly!
    Going to be busy with some traveling over the next few days. When I get back I'll get the Store/Inn redesigned.
    edited March 2013
    @mlnevese, @Kamigoroshi, @Kaeloree:

I've encountered a little bug using the BETA 6 while testing: When saving a game (NOT loading, only when saving), in save menu screen the two bottom savegames of the four you can view are missing the screenshot.

As I have something like 10 savegames by now, I tried to scroll the menu but in whatever position I stop I can't view screenshots of the two bottom savegames of the four I'm viewing at the moment.

To get it pratical: having for example 8 savegames I see them like this:

Situation A - scroll all up:

____________ Situation B - scroll all down:

| ___ ___ |
    | | 5| | 6 | | Situation C - scroll at half:

| ___ ___ |
    | | 3| | 4 | |
    I hope I made it clear, guys, have you the same problem as I?

Archaic has already been warned about this issue, just want to know if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Here some screenshots too!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl9rwykqlspxsn7/Baldr008_SavegameSelectionScreenB.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9j7nvurfwhtp9ka/Baldr009_SavegameSelectionScreenC.bmp
    Ok, seems that posting the example it goes all weird so I've done a Screenshot on how it have to show..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dasqder9bvs38x/Example.png
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Metalloman I had noticed a dark screen when saving but I thought it was just a problem of saving in the night in a dark map using the notebook battery.
  • MorbidMorbid Member Posts: 4
    Archaic said:

Going to be busy with some traveling over the next few days. When I get back I'll get the Store/Inn redesigned.

Yay. I thought you died.

edited March 2013
    @mlnevese: so are you not experiencing something like I've posted in the screenshots when going to save a game?

Can you post a screenshot?
    @Metalloman Is this what you're seeing?

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D907607_60_6225264738

I had to link externally. File upload doesn't seem to be working today...
    @mlnevese: exactly!
  • KenzeKenze Member Posts: 27
    How goes those last few windows? I look forward to the release! :)
    Seems like the project died...
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I sent Archaic a rather detailed PM with lots of crits and comments. :) Can't wait to see the next updates.
    Same for me! :)

I've sent him lots of screenshots and my thoughts. I'm really impatient too: this mod has a great potential and I will use it for sure as soon as is done! :D
    @Metalloman Nothing critical. Some overlay bugs that only seem to happen when in windowed mode.
    Yes, and aside from some layout issues principally that can easily be fixed I've seen that is really stable. :)
    I'm sure someday I'll know a betatester who does not get kind of sad when he can't crash whatever he is testing ;)
    edited March 2013
    True, @mlnevese! XD
    That is some sort of pervert pleasure/disappointment at the same time, as you are happy if you have found an issue so it can be fixed and you're disappointed when you can't find anything as you always in doubt that you could have missed something, and so the release would be bugged anyway...and the tester is bugged also for that..XP

I've sent @Archaic some other screenshots just today, let's see if he'll answer...
  • LeafslayerLeafslayer Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Whilst the beta for 6.0 is waiting to come out can you provide a download link to 5.5 please -- trying to sort something out with another mod which uses your excellent mod and one of the files is corrupted.

Many thanks,

Leafslayerrr
    I think last patch broke the last version of the mod. Gonna have to wait til Archaic finishes... maybe he got hired by Beamdog? It's been a little over 2 weeks since any progress has been made...
  • LeafslayerLeafslayer Member Posts: 4
    Morbid said:

I think last patch broke the last version of the mod. Gonna have to wait til Archaic finishes... maybe he got hired by Beamdog? It's been a little over 2 weeks since any progress has been made...

Okay, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.