Skip to content

[MOD] "T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur" Quest/Store/New Items - Release .90

CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
edited February 2013 in General Modding
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/47479850/file.html

This is my first Mod that contains dialog files, a store, and a quest. The battle is pretty rough, and I would suggest a party of 6 level 5 or better ... depending on your ability. The quest starts at the Friendly Arm Inn (just to the left after entering the drawbridge). There will be 3 monks, the one in red has a story to tell you. If you take his quest and then complete it; when you return he will give you a unique leveling relic (with a future quest tied to it). Once completing the quest he will also open up a Store from Kara-Tur. I couldn't figure out 2 pieces of the Dialog, so I will list them now; < CHARNAME > is supposed to list your character name (it did not work for me). The second being creating/updating/deleting Journal Entries, so I gave you items instead that have reminders of what you are to be doing ... they serve as well as tips to the huge easter egg the quest itself is. If you enjoy playing a Monk there are some very nice items to help you through your early life (don't forget your Wisdom).

The store has a mix of about 30+ new items (around 7 or so new types). The relic is something you'll have to figure out how to work, but it has 4 levels of power. All in all it shouldn't be too over the top, the highest items in the store are +2 and there are only 3 if I remember correctly.

It may need some fixes, but I have run through it about 10 times and it seems to function ok for me. If you run across an issue please let me know, and I would be glad to correct it.

If you really have to know what is in the store, or what powers the relic will give, send me a PM.

I hope it is enjoyable!

** Two quick pix. 1. This is your quest giver. 2. .... the lights go out. What's that spinning around the head of the Avatar?
Post edited by Corsymyr on
MetallomanKunikosdarrenkuoTomeErgMaelora69JuliusBorisovGwendolyneGotural

Comments

• MikaalMikaal Member Posts: 15
    That was a really tough battle and I enjoyed it! Keep up the good work.
  • CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    @Mikaal ... thanks ... I wanted it to be tough, but thought I might have overdid it a little. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I can't install the mod. It goes in error.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage Can you be more specific? What did the error say?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Kaeloree said:

@ShapiroKeatsDarkMage Can you be more specific? What did the error say?

It says i need to put the file in the Infinity Engine folder.
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    The game crashes when I ask for what they sell, after I returned with the bag of red.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Maelora69Maelora69 Member Posts: 75
    Great little mod - thank you Corsymyr. Some nice touches for a monk or a Kara-tur character. The monk outfits should say 'garb' instead of 'grab' though!

Now to find what the Eye does...
    Eudaemonium
  • LarkairnLarkairn Member Posts: 22
    I enjoyed the mod! I do have some feedback for you though, mostly concerning the store. Firstly, may I suggest converting 'Masterwork' into 'Mastercrafted'? Just to make it more grammatically correct. There is a blank space in the store that costs 0gp and is selectable. I also assume it is supposed to say 'Monk Garb' but it shows 'Monk Grab'. The Masterwork Pudao also shows 'Masterwok' i'm not sure it's that effective of a cooking instrument heheh.

Good work on the mod though! Really enjoyed it ^^
  • LarkairnLarkairn Member Posts: 22
    Also my Lawful Good Human Fighter with 19 STR doesn't have access to the Ronin's Blade, he can't use it for whatever reason.
  • Zio_BoeZio_Boe Member Posts: 7
    I'm sorry but I notice that the journal after I spoke with the Red one, does not refresh anithing; I got the christal in my pocket but I'm running N S W E in the map for nothing... Can you post here the dialogue 'spoiler mode' so I can continue this quest? :P
  • MishuloMishulo Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I am not able to install the mod - there's a grab from Weidu:
    ==========================================
    Install Component [T'Was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i
    Problem Unix.Unix_error(1, "mkdir", "/KaraTur") on /KaraTur: util.ml
    Problem Unix.Unix_error(20, "mkdir", "/KaraTur/Kbackup") on /KaraTur/Kbackup: util.ml
    Problem Unix.Unix_error(20, "mkdir", "/KaraTur/Kbackup/0") on /KaraTur/Kbackup/0: util.ml
    WARNING: unable to open [/KaraTur/Kbackup/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys_error("/KaraTur/Kbackup/0/UNINSTALL.0: No such file or directory")
    Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.
    ERROR: Sys_error("/KaraTur/Kbackup/0/ARGS.0: No such file or directory")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-KARATUR.DEBUG to Corsymyr

Install Component [T'Was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? n

Skipping [T'Was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur]
    ==========================================

What am I supposed to do?
    If that's important, I'm on a Mac.
  • mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    Confirmed, same problem. This mod cannot install on OSX 10.8 and 10.9.
    Princess_Sarah
  • devicemdevicem Member Posts: 15
    Played this mod, even though I enjoyed the battle, which was not that hard IMO, because it's exploitable, the items themselves look overpower.

I have a few suggestions of ways to improve the battle and the items if you will. I'll drop you a mail with them in order to not spoil the details of the mod for the rest.
  • Talos59Talos59 Member Posts: 13
    Hello there,

Unfortunately, I got a bug during the initial dialog, I could activate the quest, but I haven't seen what the guy say and I have no idea of what I'm supposed to do, could you explain a little bit?

Thanks!
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    It looks like the author hasn't been active in the forum since march.
    Oh... So could anyone who completed the mod help me? Could someone just tell me what to do first after talking with the monk?
    Thanks!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    If you received the snowflake item in your inventory, you need to head to the lighthouse area, fight a special encounter there and retrieve a red bag from it. Bring the red bag back to the monk.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Played this now and realized it's actually the area north of the lighthouse, by the wrecked ship. Be aware though, it's not an easy fight.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Thank you!
  • Princess_SarahPrincess_Sarah Member Posts: 39
    I have the same problem as @Mishulo‌ and @mr_nameless‌ trying to install on OS X 10.8.5.

Not being very tech savvy I have been using this lovely little wonder (made by @subtledoctor‌)
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x/p1

If anyone knows how to get around the problem I'm sure all us mac users would really appreciate the help as it looks like a great mod and it would be a shame not to play.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited July 2014
    Hi, there is a small bug in you mod: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/57329-baldurs-gate-bws/page-5#entry570346

And please don't use this terrible speedyshittyshare.com site. You mod will be gone forever if nobody will download if for the next 30 days.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Looks like the mod author isn't active anymore, but yeah, it would be good to re-upload it somwhere safe.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited September 2014
    @Corsymyr, this part of code is broken:
    COPY ~KaraTur\STO\KTStore.STO~ ~OVERRIDE\KTStore.STO~
    SAY 0x8 ~Kara-Tur Store~
    SAY 0x50 ~Kara-Tur Store~
    SAY 0x54 ~Store of the Meager Three~

These offsets are used for other things and does not accept strref. I'm supprised that the store work in game when NI can't even open it. Use this as a reference: http://gemrb.org/iesdp/file_formats/ie_formats/sto_v1.htm
    Post edited by swit on
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Anyone found out what the eye does? The store also sold me a strange item with no description and picture for 0 gold that is unremovable.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Ok if any one is curious here is how the eye works: When you take enough damage the eyes effect is triggered and you are healed and the eye levels up. I am not sure if a monk needs to wear it for the effect. This seems to work until it is rank IV. Then it is a pretty awesome ion stone with +1dex and wis and blindsight, increased view distance and 2 special skills per day. 1 is wizards eye the other gives you critical hits for 5 seconds.
    Arthas
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Does this mod work fine with BGEE 1.3?
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    @Corsymyr is there any chance you might make a similar mod for BG2EE?
    RAM021
  • BrecherBrecher Member Posts: 47
    Hi all,
    does anyone have an alternative link to download this mod?
    I do not trust this zippyshare...
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    uhh.. whats wrong with zippyshare?