Skip to content

X-files: The case of the Ankheg

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    And the jewelry got stuck in it's jaw (thus was found with the skull as opposed to having to extract it from its intestines).

Maybe it's just attracted to shiny objects (like crows) and it finds lost jewelry while tunneling.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    The government's behind it
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    Well they do dig in the ground and people hide jewelry and stuff by burying it..and the stuff gets stuck in their teeth or around claws. :)
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    I like the expanations on Ankhegs with jewelry better than the gibberlings!
  • HandofCromHandofCrom Member Posts: 16
    Why do bats in Diablo drop suits of plate armor? Why do wolves in Bard's Tale drop red cloaks and picnic baskets? Apply reason to games, and madness shall overwhelm you (maybe that explains Tiax, who shall point and click when he reigns supreme).
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Still, in BG generally people drop the items they are using ...Instead of the extra Halberd of mighty doom and fiery destruction they presumably had hidden in their backpocket while trying to kill you with a blunted spoon.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Why not? When did you people become so racist? Leave ankhegs be.

Now, seriously, why are there so many meaningless threads?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @mlnevese "The ancient texts all refer to the gods as coming from the skies! Clearly this means that they are not actual gods, but are really extra terrestrial beings!"
  • secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    @Fafnir

/thread
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Fafnir, seconded.

/thread
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Sometimes they drop 2nd lvl scrolls as well. I think the fragile scroll paper should be dissolved in their stomach acid, but then again, it is magic, so... ^^
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Jalily said:

Maybe it swallowed an unlucky person.

Elementary! The mystery is indeed, why would a wandering unlucky person be carrying jewellery?
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Calmar said:

Jalily said:

Maybe it swallowed an unlucky person.

Elementary! The mystery is indeed, why would a wandering unlucky person be carrying jewellery?
    Slaves to fashion no doubt!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498

Why do bats in Diablo drop suits of plate armor? Why do wolves in Bard's Tale drop red cloaks and picnic baskets? Apply reason to games, and madness shall overwhelm you (maybe that explains Tiax, who shall point and click when he reigns supreme).

Do they really do that in Bard's Tale? thats so awesome :D
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I don't buy the "swallowed an unlucky person" excuse. I've fought my share of ankegs, and lost a lot of good party members, as well as Garrik to them. Never once has an ankeg actually eaten any of them. So why would Jalily lie? What's to gain? Has someone gotten to her? How deep does this Concpiracy go? Pretty deep I'd imagine as ankegs are pretty good diggers.
    This is not over! Not by a long shot!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2013
    @Delvarian Do not defy our Martian Overlords will... It's your first and only warning before THEY visit you... with ankhegs...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    *smokes in the shadow*
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited March 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Djimmy said:

Now, seriously, why are there so many meaningless threads?

Awesome. :) I won't.