Skip to content

[Mod] Drizzt Tweak

The game makes Drizzt cheat. The original Bioware designers buffed Drizzt to be godlike. My tweak has brought him back to his AD&D stats. He is still a tough fight but more manageable now.

More information can be found here: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7809.0
neoespritArchaicKamigoroshiFrecheBalquoIllustairPhyraxDarksheerFlashburnFinaLfront

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Still possible to steal his weapons or did you fix that too?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Well he's holding on to his weapons now so I don't think you can steal them.
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    I think that with the proper tactic, he is easy to beat with a high level party
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    With the proper tactic, he was pretty easy to beat at level 1 with a party of 2.
    I trust everything is going well.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128

I can take Drizzt with both hands tied behind my back.

You'd be a fool to think I would trust your benevolence.
    FlashburnFredjo
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I tried killing Drizzt... I think I know why they made him cheat with those stats... A level 9 fighter downed him with 2 critical hits using Spider's Bane before he managed to even begin fighting back.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Not sure his stats were ever the problem. Either you are geared/leveled enough to be able to take him regardless, or you use a "creative" tactic that makes his stats irrelevant. He could have 1000 HP and AC -50, you could still kite him to death :(

Imo the only proper fix would be to put him in a party, making most forms of cheese impossible - or at least so hard that actually being able to pull it off would be enough of a demonstration of skill to earn his gear ;)
  • RogueNRogueN Member Posts: 10
    tbh they should give drizzt boots of speed and gem of true sight, THEN he would be a challenge
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What would it take to give him a panther companion? Maybe script a summoning effect?
    SCARY_WIZARD
    Yes. If he was to become hostile, CreateCreature("panther"-1.-1) as a very rough example. It would be something that you would add or make in Drizzt's .cre script.

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited February 2013
    He doesn't have any BG2 proficiency points, and he still has all his old BG1 ones. Plus his saving throws don't match a level 16 ranger.

death = 4
    wands = 6
    polymorph = 5
    breath attacks is fine
    spells is fine. Well it is 5 and should be 7 but since he has +2 on saves vs. magic it works out. Assuming saves vs. magic is the same as saves vs. spells? Or does magic mean them all?
    I would think magic would include potions and such which isn't technically a spell.
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
    Balquo said:

He doesn't have any BG2 proficiency points, and he still has all his old BG1 ones. Plus his saving throws don't match a level 16 ranger.

death = 4
    wands = 6
    polymorph = 5
    breath attacks is fine
    spells is fine. Well it is 5 and should be 7 but since he has +2 on saves vs. magic it works out. Assuming saves vs. magic is the same as saves vs. spells? Or does magic mean them all?

I would think save vs. magic would apply to all saves except breath attack, or at least to wands and spells.

Base AC seems to be -8 so total AC is -14 with his armor and Twinkle, (should be -2 total of -8). There is also 2 extra levels in addition to 16 "ranger" hd (total of 18) and Drizzt should have racial enemy goblins (hobgoblins?). He is also missing his move silently and hide in shadows but since he is [innocent] to cause rep penalty when killed, they might not be needed. It's a pity Drizzt's script doesn't include ability to cast spells or use potions, I would very much like to see them added too to make him more challenging.

Would @CoM_Solaufein or someone else be able and willing to script Drizzt to include potions, scrolls and spellcasting?

Edit: Why Drizzt should have spells and potions: http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/drizzt-2nd.htm
    Post edited by Darksheer on
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    Basically, making him like the Drizzt in bg2, where he summons Guenwyvar and uses actual potions such as an oil of speed and such?

Sarevok could use a bit of scripting as well.
    DarksheerEudaemonium[Deleted User]Malicron
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Vherdel said:

Sarevok could use a bit of scripting as well.

On my first ever playthrough Sarevok was invincible. I beat him by making him chase around a dwarf wearing the boots of speed while everyone pelted him with bolts and arrows. If Angelo, Tazok or Semaj joined the fight then I was looking to reload.

Now I take them all on at once and feel sorry for them.
    [Deleted User]Fredjo
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Drugar
    edited March 2013
    But ma lootz!
    [Deleted User]Darksheer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @subtledoctor's suggestion just gave powergamers everywhere a heart attack :)
    Fredjo
    Bhaaldog said:

What about gagged as well...
    CoM_Solaufein is a secret master of the bladed breakdance, capable of slaying any adversary.
    :)
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @CoM_Solaufein
    Can you made another mode, same like this but reversed ?
    Something what can made Drizzt little stronger.
    He is still easy to kill for me...

He should have more HP some heal potions and gem of true sight ( or potion of true sight ).
    ( Panther summoning also sound cool )
  • irendieirendie Member Posts: 421
    edited May 2013
    I agree with Edvin -> Drizzt is very easy to kill for me (I beat him only with my illusionist (and sarevok too)). Mod that makes him stronger will be fine ;)
    Really? Be careful for what you ask for...
  • HelvenHelven Member Posts: 16

You remind me of the Black Knight from Montey Python!
    CoM_Solaufein
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I can take Drizzit with both hands tied behind HIS back
    CoM_Solaufein
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    edited September 2013
    @Ozzybotkins Now that would be a sight... seeing you trying to fight him with your hands tied behind his back, probably very messy too.

I wouldn't mind him being just as he was in BG2 indeed, with his panther companion it should be a hard fight at low level and at least a fun fight at high level.
    Post edited by Deefje on