Skip to content

Helm of Alignment Reversal

2»

Comments

• Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    Tresset said:

@Copastetic1985 It takes an entire round to cast doom now (boo).

I guess it makes since that it does. In Tutu/BG2 it says it's a CT of 1 round, but my Druid flings that booger fast. Still green in EE?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

You have plenty of time. If not, as soon as you see "Save vs. Wands" appear, pause again and give the Wand to a different character that hasn't done anything that round to repeat the process. You 'should' be able to get two Wand uses in before he maps out.

Doing that will certainly increase your chance of success, but I'd call it an exploit. YMMV.

You have plenty of time. If not, as soon as you see "Save vs. Wands" appear, pause again and give the Wand to a different character that hasn't done anything that round to repeat the process. You 'should' be able to get two Wand uses in before he maps out.

Doing that will certainly increase your chance of success, but I'd call it an exploit. YMMV.
    @Gallowglass

Wouldn't even killing him be an exploit? I mean, it's pretty clear he's not meant to be killed when he pops up there to begin with.

The same thing with Tazok at the Bandit Camp gig.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I disagree, @Copastetic1985. As @Pecca argued earlier, I think the very fact that the designers gave him the unique and peculiar Helm shows that they intended that he could be killed to get the Easter Egg. Otherwise there's no point in its existence. Therefore I think killing him is legit, and it's only an exploit if you use unintended mechanics to do it.

Tazok at the Bandit Camp is a different matter. It's explicitly the intention of the devs (it's been stated somewhere on this forum) that he is meant to be unkillable at that point. Nevertheless, one or two people say that they've managed to kill him, and that must therefore be either a bug or an exploit.
    RnRClown
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Bhaaldog

The DK will respawn at the lower levels.
    TJ_Hooker[Deleted User]
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Bhaaldog said:

Would I be correct in thinking if you kill him when he first appears he will respawn later?

He will, but in having killed him (as I just found out in a recent playthrough) you will screw up some of the dialog that the characters inside the tower have (Islanne and Clair De'Lain will think you have killed him already).
    Pecca
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Tresset said:

Bhaaldog said:

Would I be correct in thinking if you kill him when he first appears he will respawn later?

He will, but in having killed him (as I just found out in a recent playthrough) you will screw up some of the dialog that the characters inside the tower have (Islanne and Clair De'Lain will think you have killed him already).
    Hah, I was just wondering about that in my last playthrough. Although I think it was only Islanne, not Clair.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Pecca The first time you talk to Clair she always says her usual thing, but If you try to talk to her a second time before even going down there she will run off thinking you killed him.