Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition release date?

so is there any news on when bg2 ee is coming out? I've been trying to find some info on this on the interwebs and such, and there was one Italian(?) post on here that spoke of it, rumor having it that its coming out this summer, as in summer of 2013, seems pretty soon in my opinion, are any screenshots going to come up or whats up?

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    ''When its done''.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    ^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    "Yes, #BG2EE will be on PC this year. Should be on iPad, Mac and Android as well" - Trent Oster

Thats all we know for now.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    This is like the third thread asking this in as many weeks. When a date is put on it I'm sure you'll see five people posting "OMG THEY SAID IT'LL BE OUT ON XX DATE".
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    When the release date is announced the best place to look for the news is on THIS site. If there isn't any release date news here, you might as well not look anywhere else.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    The way I look at it is this way: if they don't announce the release date "soon", then it's not getting released till like December despite what they have said previously. Why announce a "summer" release at the end of April. That's only a maximum of 4 months away. And they still have a lot of content (multiplayer, adventure Y, bugs, translations, Android tablets) left to do. Forget a "summer" release, I'm hoping for a January release. Sorry to burst some bubbles.
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Has there been an official announcment they are actualy working on this?
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Aosaw said:

@Stradlin
    Yes. We've been working on BG2:EE for a while now, actually.

I know these release date questions are tricky to answer, but can we at least get an expected season? ;)

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Sure, fall/winter. I am not telling you what hemisphere though ;P
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahahahha nice one @deltago
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Hmmmm do other planets in the Solar system get seasonal variances to weather patterns as well? ;)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    @mlnevese Mars does. ;-)
    @Samus Would love to know that ;)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Pretty sure its coming out tomorrow
    @Samus Guilty ;)
  • teancum42teancum42 Member Posts: 7
    On a (slightly) more serious note, is there any reason that information is so sparse on BG2:EE? I understand that giving a release date that you later have to push back is a decidedly unpleasant thing for everyone, but if we could get some information about what is going on, it would be cool.

Maybe not release date related information, but how about counts of bugs squashed, mods that are being incorporated, hints about the new NPC(s), or teasers about the new quests that are being included? Maybe I'm the only one, but I occasionally feel really starved for information, and I would love to hear something, anything, official.
    @teancum42 There is a bg2 bug forum AND there is also a feature request forum. Both may hold clues to what is being worked on.
  • teancum42teancum42 Member Posts: 7
    Samus said:

teancum42 said:

On a (slightly) more serious note, is there any reason that information is so sparse on BG2:EE?

In order to make it an excellent game.
    If, for some reason, providing updates and producing an excellent game are mutually exclusive, I'm happy to remain in the dark. I don't think they are though...

Truth be told I'm happy to remain in the dark either way. Just knowing that it is coming is enough to make me happy. I would, however, be even happier if we could get some updates. :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @teancum42 - Anticipation is a very powerful marketing tool. Once having revealed that something is in the works, it is actually an asset to the marketing if only carefully placed and spaced news is released. If there was an update every day or week, it would become routine. With limited information, it becomes a topic of discussion and speculation.

Also, I would imagine that quite a lot of thought is being put into what can be done versus what is going to be done. I am sure that they don't want to start making announcements on things that haven't been decided or things that might change.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It came out 3 weeks ago. Everyone else in this thread is trolling you.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Samus said:

ajwz said:

It came out 3 weeks ago. Everyone else in this thread is trolling you.

That is meant to be a secret!
    They only sent the email out to cool people.
    @ajwz, you still have to pay for the title through your paypal right? No other forms of payment are being accepted atm
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I don't see why we should flame or troll a person for making a question that everybody want to know. I'm More a fan of BG 2 than BG, therefore i see my actual games more as a preparation to import characters than anything else.

While BG2+ToB is larger than BG+WotSC, most of the base work (structural) is already done.

However a post or a link on the own site with a table of progression of BG2 work would be nice, they can do or not this, but it's a valid request.

People shouldn't mock @Sarevok57 for his curiosity, many feel the same way, and he's a member on this forum for a longer time than many that are trolling him.
    It's really hard to estimate a release date. The game needs to be tested and who knows what kind of bug will show up. I think the devs are right in wanting to give a date only when they are sure the game is ready for release.
  • DrakeEBDrakeEB Member Posts: 20
    Hopefully one day there will be a BG Trilogy EE or even a BWP EE, ahh that would be heaven. :P