Skip to content

What is your favourite enhancement in Baldur's Gate EE

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Jalily said:

Lack of loading screens.

This.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ipad support! And zooming.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Zooming! Now all I want is the ability to rotate the screen ala FinalFantasyTactics.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    edited April 2013
    Compatable with newer OS & higher resolutions (without a laundry list of mods to be installed in a set order)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Kits.

Followed by Neera.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Lack of loading screens. Dorn.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited April 2013
    WebShaman said:

Zooming! Now all I want is the ability to rotate the screen ala FinalFantasyTactics.

:D I loved that! "Oh, great. Spell is being obnoxious. No, not that tile. That...ahh, yeah, that one."
    It'd, ehh...help me somehow, I know. I'd almost like an AoE radius indicator like in Temple of Elemental Evil, but then again, not really. It becomes common sense after a while.

But yes. I like the ALT button highlighting things. All sorts of neat things hidden about, that I didn't even realize over so many playthroughs!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Two minor changes that really make a major difference for me:
    1. The fact that magic items are now identified by their given name (such as paws of the cheetah rather than boots of speed)
    2. Colour coded circles at the feet of my npcs

Best major new feature for me is Zoom
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Statistics in the inventory screen, the more detailed description of items (for example, armor's AC against different types of weapons) - everything that explains the mechanics of this game better.

And, of course, a Shadowdancer kit that has made a new style of fighting with multiple sneak attacks available early on, without constant retreating, using invisibility spells and potions.

And... dare I say it, fixing bugs!
  • Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    80 missiles limit!
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    My favorite thing is having BG on the iPad. But I would also rate the faster load and save speeds as a biggie. I like the more colorful look on the UI. My favorite original content is easily Neera; I prefer to run warrior types and good aligned parties, so its nice for me to have a compatible mage I can pick up early.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The mini quest in Beregost to recieve -1 rep for the necklace.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    ajwz said:

Two minor changes that really make a major difference for me:
    1. The fact that magic items are now identified by their given name (such as paws of the cheetah rather than boots of speed)
    2. Colour coded circles at the feet of my npcs

Best major new feature for me is Zoom

Also these. I actually forgot about No.1 here completely, which is funny since this has to be one of my top changes. I just think it adds a lot aesthetically when you see 'The World's Edge' rather than '2H sword +3'.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited April 2013
    I like the color-coded character circles so much, I am going to have trouble playing BG2 without them while waiting for BG2:EE.

The zoom is also really nice, now that I can use it. @Junk11 wrote a nice little script that lets me bind the feature to my keyboard + and -, instead of the mouse wheel I don't have on my trackball. (The script is linked below, if anybody else needs to bind zoom to their keyboard.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zg3p1i41cc2crwe

EDIT: You don't have to download media fire to download that script. Study the screen carefully, and make sure you are clicking to download the file "subaddwheel.exe", not the media fire client.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I really like the new soundtrack and minor tweaks such as those mentioned by @redline.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Forgot to add: The manuals. They are really good.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I was tempted to also say zoom, but I really only like 'zoom all the way out', as I want to see more and I also think the rough textures up close are a detractor. Therefore, quick loading times won out.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited April 2013
    new dialogue

i know its not much but hearing some new content from viconia Et Al after so long is a pretty nice experiance, not to mention speaking to the new npcs

also an honourable mention to the fact that it runs a ton better than the origional
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    1. lack of loading screens
    2. zooming
    3. Neera, until she trashes my party
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    It's new to BG anyways: Tab key support.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    When they fix them i'd say the new kits.

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Reserving final judgment until I see how he develops in BG2:EE, but for now? Dorn.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    The fact that I don't have to bother with lot of mods and risk that one of them not working with my BG2 version, which was often the case. Now I don't have to worry about it too much, since mods will be worked to be combatible with BG:EE alone.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited April 2013
    The zoom feature I don't think I would want to play without now. That would be number one for me. There's other stuff that's equally if not more important, but that's the thing I feel most directly.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Lack of loading screens, all the BG2 goodness without installing a bunch of mods, the new NPC's, the host of bugfixes and the continued support.
    All excellent!
    edited April 2013
    Wasn't the annoyance of loading screens already solved by Tutu and BGT, though? Just sayin'.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Nope. They were still there.
    K thx, it's been 5 years since I played Tutu or BGT.