Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• SelabocSelaboc Member Posts: 64
    Archaic said:

Starting the Store/Inn screens today. These are the last screens left in the BETA 6 agenda. After these screens are complete I will have a little tweaking and testing left. Then I can put the installer together and finally release BETA 6!

WooHoo! Looking forward to BETA6. Keep up the excellent work.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Archaic said:

Starting the Store/Inn screens today. These are the last screens left in the BETA 6 agenda. After these screens are complete I will have a little tweaking and testing left. Then I can put the installer together and finally release BETA 6!

Outstanding :)
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Here are the resolutions that have been reported by you guys:

2880x1800
    1920x1080 - Non-Scaled
    1600x900 - Non-Scaled
    1600x900 - Scaled
    1440x900 - Scaled
    1366x768 - Scaled
    1360x768
    1280x800 - Non-Scaled
    1920x1200 - Non-Scaled
    1680x1050 - Non-Scaled
    1280x1024 - Non-Scaled
    1024x768
    1152x864
    1280x720
    1280x768
    1360x768

If you don't see your resolution on this list please get it added if you plan to use Archaic GUI when its gets released. Last reminder...Thanks.

http://shrib.com/33wBmeml
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    What "scaled" meaning?
    @Aliard1806 - Check your Baldur.ini file (located in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition) to find this:

'Graphics' , 'Scale UI' , '0',
    -OR-
    'Graphics' , 'Scale UI' , '1',

0 means scaling turned off. 1 means scaling turned on. If you don't see this line at all then you have the default settings which means scaled turn on.
  • ShadowplayShadowplay Member Posts: 18
    Archaic said:

Improved GUI with a slimline border design and better map focus.

You're such a tease lol. It's looking sharp.
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    So how many more betas are you planning before the final release? We are on beta 6, what is your total goal?
    edited April 2013
    @Wakukee - I have no goal on the number of betas. Just as many as it takes until the whole game is redesigned.
  • Ecthelion_TREcthelion_TR Member Posts: 8
    Hi Archaic, your mod is really fantastic

It has support for other languages​​? I am a translator and if you need to locate some text to Brazilian Portuguese i will be happy to help.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited April 2013
    Hi, @Ecthelion_TR, this mod alters only the graphic user interface (GUI) of the game, I think that if you want news about a portughese translation and possibly help you need to go to the portughese section of the forum and ask there. :)

BTW, the first announce in that section is related to the translation, just contact @Thantalas or @mlnevese! ;)
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Awesome work with the area map @Archaic. Very neat! Now I know something else to compare an elven arse with.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Ecthelion_TR Any doubts about the Brazilian Portuguese translation should be directed to @Nasher
    The store/inn screens are coming along slowly. There is a lot to plan and map out before I even begin the design process. Hope to have some screenshots coming soon...
  • netc0rdnetc0rd Member Posts: 6
    So, Ummm. How long will the download links be suspended? I can do with the beta 5.5 while waiting for 6.0. But for some reason it's unavailable. I really don't get why.
    Anyone care to shed some light on why this is?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @netc0rd: Actually BETA 5.5 download is disabled as BETA 5.5 is incompatible with the actual version of BG:EE.
  • SelabocSelaboc Member Posts: 64
    netc0rd said:

So, Ummm. How long will the download links be suspended? I can do with the beta 5.5 while waiting for 6.0. But for some reason it's unavailable. I really don't get why.
    Anyone care to shed some light on why this is?

As Metalloman said, the 5.5 download was diasabled due to one of the updates to BG:EE being incompatible with 5.5. So unless you have an un-updated copy of BG:EE from several months back, beta 5.5 wouldn't do you any good.
    edited April 2013
    I found a couple of issues with the new GUI that I had to resolve for lower resolution screens. After a few days of trying to figure out a work around I finally got it resolved. Now back to designing the store/inn screen. I'm not sure how much I will be able to get done this weekend as I have a lot of things going on. I'm just going to play it by ear and see how much extra time is left over.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    @Archaic: are you taking donations or anything for your work so far? I'd be more than happy to throw a few dollars your way if it'll keep you motivated. This is seriously good work.

At the very least, you can buy a coffee or something... :p
    @psyact - I appreciate your kind offer. It's not a matter of motivation at the moment but a matter of available free time I have to put towards this immense one man project. I've had a lot of others offer to donate and I may provide a Paypal donation option on ArchaicGUI.com in the future. Thanks.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Archaic said:

Got some of the secondary store/inn screens done today: Message Boxes, Item Description Screens, and Bottom Nav panels. Moving on to the design of the Buy/Sell, Rooms, Drinks/Rumors, and Donate screens. Making progress...

is there any kind of estimate to how much longer it will take? looking forward to it after all the screenshots :)
    edited April 2013
    @ChildofBhaal599 - Nope. It's to hard to predict.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Archaic said:

@ChildofBhaal599 - Nope. It's to hard to predict.

that is okay. will just keep waiting :)
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    Unless the Devs give him a heads up, he won't know if 6.0 will break until the patch hits. At which point he'll either fix it or redesign it. Given the amount of effort he's putting in, I think it's safe to assume this is the look he's going for, so he'll probably fix it if a patch break it.
    @Sylvus_Moonbow - Agree...

Unless the Devs give him a heads up, he won't know if 6.0 will break until the patch hits. At which point he'll either fix it or redesign it. Given the amount of effort he's putting in, I think it's safe to assume this is the look he's going for, so he'll probably fix it if a patch break it.

This discussion has been closed.