Skip to content

The Very End

LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
The game ends when Sarevok dies, whether his cronies are dead or not. It would be much more natural if you had to kill Sarevok’s entire party before you can claim victory. Therefore, I propose that the game ends after Sarevok’s entire party is defeated.
MalicronmlneveseSwordsNotWordskamuizin

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really like this idea, although I think the contractual limitations against changing original content would prevent that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    mlnevese said:

I really like this idea, although I think the contractual limitations against changing original content would prevent that.

What if Sarevok pulled the same stunt as Baeloth, and went blue-circle damage-immune until all his allies were killed?

Have him boast something like... "The soul-linking ceremony is complete! While you four live, I am invincible! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

You know, typical villain stuff.
    mlneveseIecerintEudaemonium
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Nifft said:

mlnevese said:

What if Sarevok pulled the same stunt as Baeloth, and went blue-circle damage-immune until all his allies were killed?

Have him boast something like... "The soul-linking ceremony is complete! While you four live, I am invincible! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

And a nice idea for a mod as well ;)

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    About an idea for a mod, SCS already did something like this. Or so I heard.
    Eudaemonium
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    edited May 2013
    I have SCS installed on my BGT game but havn’t finished it yet, as I simultaneously play BGEE; and real life takes priority over both. SCS (up until v. 21) mods Sarevok so that he is unhurtable until at least one of his sidekicks is dead; he is also unkillable until they are all gone (at least the readme says so). This is better than an unmodded game but not really satisfactory. Why should this have to be modded in the first place? I mean, why does the game end in the middle of a fight? It’s silly.
  • GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    To be honest, as hard as it is just surviving the Battle Horrors and Traps, and Semaj, Angelo and Tazok without Sarevok even involved in the battle (I just fought the battle by luring them all away from Sarevok first), I would much rather just eliminate all his minions in the battle ALTOGETHER, and have to fight an ultra powerful Sarevok all by himself. Forget the ludicrous traps and Battle Horrors.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

To be honest, as hard as it is just surviving the Battle Horrors and Traps, and Semaj, Angelo and Tazok without Sarevok even involved in the battle (I just fought the battle by luring them all away from Sarevok first), I would much rather just eliminate all his minions in the battle ALTOGETHER, and have to fight an ultra powerful Sarevok all by himself. Forget the ludicrous traps and Battle Horrors.

True, but that doesn't really fit Sarevok's character; he's not an idiot, he knows now that you're not a pushover, and that he's going to be fighting for his life. He still has allies, and time to prepare. It makes sense that you're facing him with a bunch of his buddies in a trap filled killing floor.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    mlnevese said:

Nifft said:

mlnevese said:

And a nice idea for a mod as well ;)

Yuppers.

With the Black Pits as an example of how to script it, this is very possible for some motivated modder who isn't me.

• LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Edvin said:

Game should end after we announce Sarevok dead to duke.

Yes, that is even better!

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    In fact the game shoudn't even end after the fight, learn with BGT and give the player a change to end unfinshed business :)! Or at least a proper time to export characters for example.
    Iecerint