Skip to content

What mod NPCs would you like to see compatible with BG2EE?

LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask what NPC mods you guys and gals would like me to look into ensuring work with BG2EE. I'm not promising anything, and we're not there yet, but given my time commitments I figured getting an idea early would be a good idea!
ArchaicScooterBlackraven

Comments

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Kido and Ariena from Mod for the Wicked.
    kamuizin
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    Imoen Romance
    What? She's cute.
    EmmiMonkeyRobotManMarky
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Nathaniel :)
    Syntia13Xavioria
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited May 2013
    Solaufein, Kelsey and Keto for start:)
    Gavin and Finch as a bonus.

Edit: Forgot about Xan.
    Post edited by Cahir on
    Emmi
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I think Kivan, Arath, Xan, and Adrian. I also wouldn't mind Coran.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Never played any mods, though the one that has my name (well it's Nathan, but Nathaniel is close) would be awesome. :P
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    tyris flare and haldamir were the only ones i used and they were both pretty good
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    no one beside me wants Imoen? Seriously? Thats like the most authentic romance ever writen
    I dont know who did the writing but he/she made Imoen a real person!
    EmmiMonkeyRobotMan
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Edwin and Haer'Dalis Romances and the various 'Friendship' mods for me (Imoen, Yoshimo, Mazzy) mainly. I have a friend who loves the Tyris Flare mod, so I'll in a request for that in his place.
    Fina92[Deleted User]SwordsNotWords
    Irbis said:

no one beside me wants Imoen? Seriously? Thats like the most authentic romance ever writen

Also your sister. I think this has a visceral effect on many people.
    [Deleted User]
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'm not a fan of most mod NPCs.

I particularly dislike some of the MarySues and NPCs with superpowers (like valen and solafein). I found Kido's voice a huge turn off, though I consistently see people like him.

I like the ones that don't take over the plot, don't draw over attention to themselves. After all they are party members not party leaders, that's charname's job. I do like Tyris Flare and Faren. Keto seemed like it would be good, however, she just never fit well into my party, I have never cried out for an extra bard yet.
  • joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    Irbis said:

more than you can imagine, however TC Dale is having a hard enough time finding a coder to finish it properly for the regular BG2 let alone EE.

As for me, Kelsey and Amber .... speaking of Amber, I'd love to see all NPC capable of romancing a second PC like she does.

• leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Isra?
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    All of them? :D
    Xavioria
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    At this point I'm not really looking at mods that add friendships/romances etc, more just the mod NPCs. I have a fairly good idea of what non-NPC content I'll be making sure is ported over quickly (banterpack, IEP, flirtpack etc). :)
    Fina92EudaemoniumScootertrinit
    Ah, in which case I have nothing to input, since I've never played with any of them! XD

Carry on, simians.
    @leeho730 Isra BG2 will be compatible with BG2EE at release, since Rhaella is a betatester. :)
    leeho730
  • SrenSren Member Posts: 24
    Definitely Xan. Can we just snipe Anomen though? *readies bow and arrow* he's such a pompous jackass
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    Kivan! Highly and horribly addicted to that character. :)
    Silent_MarkAvenel
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Definitely Kelsey, Keto and Angelo, loved those 3!
    But also Xan, Valen and Tiax were enjoyable to have as well :)
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Redemption and Region of terror.
    @Dark_Ansem This is specifically related to NPC mods -- quest mods are far beyond the scope of what I have time for, I'm afraid.
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Arath, maybe also Nathaniel, Faren and Solaufein
    Syntia13
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited May 2013
    Mods I liked and haven't still been mentioned are:
    Angelo, Amber and Planar Sphere (needs fixes).
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    Kivan, hands down. I can't play BG2 without him. I have also become rather attached to Xan, so I would like to see that mod included, too.
    AvengingExile
  • SnakesonakyshipSnakesonakyship Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Well, now, had to go and make an account for this one... hope you are happy of what you have wrought! In order of priority, these are my top five:

Xan, Kivan, Tyris Flare, Amber, Tashia

Imoen would easily make it in there as well, but I suspect that wont be happening. :)
    AvengingExile
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    Irbis said:

Imoen Romance
    What? She's cute.

She's a sister of yours.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2013
    Wasn't Kelsey going to be updated so that it installed its BG2 and ToB parts with a single installer? It's a good opportunity to make it BG2EE compatible as well. Also OGG support will certainly make the install go faster :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    I won't be doing the Imoen romance, no, and I'd appreciate this thread not devolving into a discussion of its merits or lack thereof.

I'm looking at NPCs specifically. :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, my MUST HAVE list is:

- Valen (top 1, give some upgrades to her, other quests, more NPCs interactions and maybe some relationship where we got sex and she got blood, that's pretty pragmatic for an strong minded inteligent undead, just make some consequences for pursuing this "relationship")
    - Kido (best evil NPC i had ever seen)
    - Kindred (always loved this guy, the best mage hater in existance!)
    - Solafein (if he didn't come as vanilla soon, as he shoud cos that was pretty an explicit intention of the old devs, then give him back in mod as well. Just upgrade it to make Solafein not behave like Xan, that was annoying).

Other than that, if you want to make an corrupt anomen patch i would really love to play this one (yeah i know you said only new NPCs, but an corrupted anomen would be in fact an new NPC).
    MortiannaEudaemoniumgreckoboy