Skip to content

Powerful foe killed

In your game who is yours? Or one of the NPCs, who is their top kill?

Khalid, my lean mean killing machine has a total of 5 kills and his most powerful is Marl. I think its time to get another front line fighter.

My character a Shadowdancer only has a Thayian Wizard as the most powerful kill. :/ A step up from Marl a dirt farmer.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Just started a new game yesterday. So mostly gibberlings and wolves. My guy killed off Tarnesh with a chilling touch, scroll courtesy of Xzar. It was funny, the punch damage KOed the mage to uncounciousness and then the cold damage kicked in and ended him. So yeah, my guy has Tarnesh as most powerful vanquished...for now. ^^
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited May 2013
    Serendis (sorcerer PC): Greater Wyvern
    Dorn: Shandalar (I think he may have also landed the killing blow on Sarevok)
    Montaron: Greater Basilisk
    Shar-Teel: Andris
    Viconia: Slythe
    Baeloth: Greater Wolfwere
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Rasaad - Aec'Letec (one-on-one)))))))))
    Khalid - Battle Horror (he can overcome his borrow only by defeating it)
    Eldoth: Tamoko
    Yeslik: Davaeorn
    Jaheira: Amarande (the main shadow druid)
    PC (called Icarus): Centeol
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited May 2013
    I have three games going, lol. (That's a shame, isn't it.)

There's a theme that emerges below: Darts are powerful!

"Let the Fates Decide"
    Concept: journaled, all-out roleplaying, no-meta-gaming at all, roleplaying and dice/playing cards determines decisions and outcomes

Oracos (male human CG Diviner)
    Imoen (Thief)
    Neera
    Coran
    Eldoth
    Faldorn

Most kills: Imoen 48%, Oracos 23% - however Oracos has 32% total value of kills to Imoen's 35%, so they're almost neck and neck
    Most powerful killed: Imoen - wyvern, Oracos - Raemon (who is this?)

Notes: The party has also included Xzar, Montaron, Jaheira, Khalid, and Kivan. Oracos is a dart thrower!

---------------------------------

The Minimal Reload 'Random Game' Challenge (Lem's version)
    Concept: random PC/party generation, reload only if PC dies, meta-game freely, party members may be dismissed after assembling party of six but replacements are randomly determined, (optional) speed game competition

Zanven Wolfswift, male half-elf TN Avenger - Dart and Quarterstaff
    Imoen (Thief 1 but about to level and dual to Mage)
    Montaron
    Khalid
    Kagain

Most kills: Zanven Wolfswift 34%, 38% total value of kills
    Most powerful killed: Neira

Note: This is really a surprise! Next highest is Monty at 27% of the kills and 33% total value of kills, his most powerful foe killed: Zargal. I guess the Avenger leading the party in kills is a reflection of how deceptively powerful darts are?

----------------------------------

Wizard Slayer Led Anti-Arcane-Magic Party
    Concept: custom party of six created in MP mode, no arcane magic (divine magic only), attack all mages in the game (when feasible) if they are clearly identified as such, no-meta-gaming of encounters (other meta-gaming okay), roll die for whether some magic items can be used, sell only mundane items or die-roll allowed magic items

Dezrath, male human LN Wizard Slayer 3/Thief 1 (Two Axes; now one-handed Dagger)
    Jeryll, female human LG Inquisitor (Greatsword)
    Daresh, male half-orc CN Barbarian (Halberd)
    Karsum, male human LN Priest of Helm (Morningstar/Shield)
    Zalektra, female human NE Assassin 2/Fighter 1 (High Master in (poisoned) Darts)
    Apothos, male human TN Druid (Sling and Spear)

Most kills: Zalektra 28%, Daresh 27% - however Daresh has 43% total value of party kills to Zalektra's 19%
    Most powerful killed: Zalektra - Bassilus; Daresh - Firebeard Elvenhair
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    As a rule, since I asked this a while back, does anyone know what determines 'Most Powerful Foe Slain?'

For example, Belindis, my PC, got the finishing blow on Davaeorn, Aec'Letec, and Sarevok. But her character sheet still read Davaeorn. Once when she killed Angelo as well, he overwrote Davaeorn. Both Aec and Sarevok are worth 15,000 XP, whereas Angelo is only 10,000. I can't remember how much Davaeorn is, but it's probably not close to 10-15,000. Sarevok is also a higher level than Angelo (12 versus 16, I believe), so it isn't done by level.

So if it isn't done by enemy level or amount of XP, how on earth does it work? Or are Sarevok and Aec'Letec just special cases?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Orbri (Neutral Evil Female Human Blackguard): Davaeorn; would otherwise be Sarevok, since she paralyzed him and poisoned him.
    Shar-Teel: Angelo :3
    Viconia: Greater Doppelganger
    Neera: Greater Basilisk
    Baeloth: Tamoko
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited May 2013

As a rule, since I asked this a while back, does anyone know what determines 'Most Powerful Foe Slain?'

For example, Belindis, my PC, got the finishing blow on Davaeorn, Aec'Letec, and Sarevok. But her character sheet still read Davaeorn. Once when she killed Angelo as well, he overwrote Davaeorn. Both Aec and Sarevok are worth 15,000 XP, whereas Angelo is only 10,000. I can't remember how much Davaeorn is, but it's probably not close to 10-15,000. Sarevok is also a higher level than Angelo (12 versus 16, I believe), so it isn't done by level.

So if it isn't done by enemy level or amount of XP, how on earth does it work? Or are Sarevok and Aec'Letec just special cases?

The "Most Powerful Foe Slain" is determined just by the amount of XP it gives when defeated.
    Sarevok and Aec'Letec are worth 0 XP when you kill their npcs. But their death triggers an assignement of 15k/16k XP to the party. It's more an *argh* "achievement".
    So it's kinda hard that the guy above has Aec'Letec has MPFS xD
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    See, I thought this might be the case, so checked in NI and it *does* actually list Sarevok as being worth 15,000 XP (Aec is worth 0, though, like you said). Though it's possible that the 15K Sarevok is actually a separate Sarevok, maybe the one in the Duchal Palace. There is another Sarevok that is listed as worth 0, and has lower resistances and 1 point more Dex. The 15K 'Vok also has an effective AC of -20, so I suspect you might be right.

Anyway, thanks for helping me clear that up! :)

See, I thought this might be the case, so checked in NI and it *does* actually list Sarevok as being worth 15,000 XP (Aec is worth 0, though, like you said). Though it's possible that the 15K Sarevok is actually a separate Sarevok, maybe the one in the Duchal Palace. There is another Sarevok that is listed as worth 0, and has lower resistances and 1 point more Dex. The 15K 'Vok also has an effective AC of -20, so I suspect you might be right.

Anyway, thanks for helping me clear that up! :)

As you said :) Glad to help.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    My main character is moving up. I got a sword spider as a major enemy killed. Ooooo yeah!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Someone should go into NE or EEKeeper and assign 100,000XP to a Kobold when killed so that their most powerful foe killed is a Kobold.
    Like a boos

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    @CoM_Solaufein: You do know that you don't have to kill Marl, right? In fact, you get more exp for talking him down.:)
    Southpaw said:

Lemernis said:

I have three games going, lol.
    My first BGEE playtrough (finishing the game) was with an Assassin though and he killed Drizzit with both his arms tied behind his back.

I lol'd!

@CoM_Solaufein: You do know that you don't have to kill Marl, right? In fact, you get more exp for talking him down.:)

I don't like Marl. I talk him down, then I stab him in the back.
    The man's son just died... not cool.

The man's son just died... not cool.

So did Brun's, but he wasn't an asshat about it.
    Some people are just better at dealing with loss. Also, Brun was there when you tried to save his son, and knows you weren't to blame.

It seems an odd thing to get serious about, but I guess I think playing a hero doesn't leave room for evil.
    Too bad I can't kill Dunkin without rep loss as well. Teach him for egging Marl on.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Well, I once gave Edwin 2000 years and a pointy hat...
    Reminds me of Icewind Dale 2 where one of my character's most powerful enemy killed was one of those war drums.
    Awong124 said:

Someone should go into NE or EEKeeper and assign 100,000XP to a Kobold when killed so that their most powerful foe killed is a Kobold.

This or just take the dialog that makes him hostile. I don't like him either.
    Awong124 said:

I don't like Marl. I talk him down, then I stab him in the back.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    If Dorn or Shar-Teel is in my party things usually don't end well for the non-recruitable NPCs that say "Yer a long tongued lout aint'cha," and "Get outta me way ya crummy longhead."
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It always annoyed me how the anomlous basilisk in bg docks was worth 7000xp, making it pretty much the most "powerful" enemy in the game until the end of ToTSC.
    It would be good it was worth 4000 like every other greater basilisk in the game and then award 3000xp separately for completing the quest.