Skip to content

Sarevok Sings Alaundo's Prophecy

BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
I gotta tell you guys something. In Candlekeep, when you meet "Koveras", I discovered something that sent chills up my spine. On the floor where you meet Sarevok without his demonc looking armor, he and one of the chanters who chants Alaundo's prophecy outside the library with the other chanters came towards me PC, and as the chanter was chanting, Sarevok chanted the prophecy with him! I've never heard him do that before!
Post edited by BladeDancer on
EudaemoniumAdulIkMarcQuartzJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]lolienDullSkullTheSecondAristillius

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Originally they show Koveras as a "white man" , but I believe that he should have the exact skin color of Sarevok. He *is* the armorless Sarevok, after all!

You just don't recognize him because you had only seen him with that horned helmet.
    [Deleted User]
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    DJKajuru said:

Originally they show Koveras as a "white man" , but I believe that he should have the exact skin color of Sarevok. He *is* the armorless Sarevok, after all!

You just don't recognize him because you had only seen him with that horned helmet.

When you compare Neera's sprite to her photo, her sprite's hair is white instead of pink, so yeah, there are minor mistakes in some characters' physical appearance in the game.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I kind of doubt Koveras is just Sarevok without his armor... I mean, the glowy eyes would kind of give him away. Unless he's going around pretending to be blind, which would make it hard to believe he saw Sarevok kill Gorion without being Sarevok himself... And if so, CHARNAME officially is less intelligent than a gelatinous cube.
    DreadKhan
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Does he actually have glowing eyes without his helmet? I mean, he does in ToB, but I'm guessing that might just be the consequence of [spoilers].
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    That's nothing. If you click him multiple times until he gets annoyed, he'll do the harlem shake.
    Permidion_StarkArdultbone1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited May 2013
    If I remember correctly he can make his eyes glow at will. It's a channeling of his Bhaalspawn essence and he does it to appear more intimidating.

The fact that he can do this after he is
    brought back to life must mean that he is still able to use what little essence he has towards this end.

It is either the above, or a side effect of being a Deathbringer. I personally like the Bhaalspawn idea better. It means my evil PC can learn how to do it xD

Added spoiler tag. -Jalily
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @EntropyXII To add proper spoiler tags, do this without the spaces: [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler]
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Jalily - Aha, I was wondering how people did that. This forum is the first i've been a member of since 2001 - an old forum named Icewind Dale.

Thing's have changed, technology is moving on... i feel old.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I have seen it too, but only now! This is amazing!

A wonderful "did you know?" discovery.
    BladeDancerAnduinGoturallolien
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Woohoo necromancy @bengoshi‌

I didn't know this, actually.
    Anduin
    bengoshi said:

I have seen it too, but only now! This is amazing!

A wonderful "did you know?" discovery.

Whoa! This is one of my old posts! I can't believe you found it!
    AnduinlolienJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I now need to try this...
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Yeah, one of the Candlekeep tutors mentions 'Koveras' on the first or second floor, and says that Charname can learn from the man, stating that "I've never seen one chant Alaundo's prophecy so fluently" or something like that. It was a rather big hint of his identity.

As for the whole appearance thing, I doubt Sarevok was using any illusions to hide his identity. If you think about it, despite being a rather large individual, few people outside of Baldur's Gate have seen him in his Deathbringer armor, or outside it. And with the armor covering him, the helm makes it so that only his eyes and nose are visible.

Now Charname would be able to recognize him if it weren't for the fact that despite attacking Gorion, Sarevok was quite the distance away before Charname fled off. This means he could very easily approach Charname unarmored and probably fool the hero quite easily.
    JuliusBorisovdeltago
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    If you use a confusion spell on Koveras he starts singing Barry White...

NonnahswriterMhamzatbone1
    edited October 2014

Wait. Wait. WAIT.

You mean by right-clicking Koveras...I can hear Kevin Micheal Richardson sing!?

Am I hearing this right? Please tell me I'm hearing this right! D:

It's true. To be honest, it scared me at first, then I was like... "Holy crap, whoever hired Kevin to voice Sarevok needs to be given a medal!"
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    I'm not sure but I think it varies from playthrough to playthrough, because I tried it and all I got was the ''In the year of the Turrets a great host will come from the east like a plague of locusts'' speech. It's a bit of a bummer after reading his thread.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

If you use a confusion spell on Koveras he starts singing Barry White...

*squee!!*

His voice makes my heart all warm and fuzzy inside! :D
  • ChibaCityBluesChibaCityBlues Member Posts: 4
    Kaltzor said:

I kind of doubt Koveras is just Sarevok without his armor... I mean, the glowy eyes would kind of give him away. Unless he's going around pretending to be blind, which would make it hard to believe he saw Sarevok kill Gorion without being Sarevok himself... And if so, CHARNAME officially is less intelligent than a gelatinous cube.

You wanna talk about less intelligent than a gelatinous cube? Koveras is Sarevok backwards. THEY GAVE YOU THE QUEEN AND YOU DIDN'T TAKE IT!
  • ChibaCityBluesChibaCityBlues Member Posts: 4

If I remember correctly he can make his eyes glow at will. It's a channeling of his Bhaalspawn essence and he does it to appear more intimidating.

The fact that he can do this after he is

brought back to life must mean that he is still able to use what little essence he has towards this end.

It is either the above, or a side effect of being a Deathbringer. I personally like the Bhaalspawn idea better. It means my evil PC can learn how to do it xD

Added spoiler tag. -Jalily
    Dunno, Slow Poison has been infinitely more useful than glowing eyes.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Well... when you approach him with a party member. He will chant the prophecy to them. But if the PC gets near him. He engages instant conversation with the PC on sight.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited October 2017

The user and all related content has been deleted.

I wonder what the deleted user wrote?

And the trait that prevents me from respecting Sarevok is lack of self-control. When he puts on that helmet, he becomes a, well, just a raging bully.