As many of you are aware, we are working hard on the new patch, the scope of re-work involved in this patch is far-reaching.
The feature list is pretty awesome:
The new renderer opens up a number of amazing things, such as new UI layouts which were previously not possible. The new render system for the new fonts is brilliant.
We've added a Gui option to scale to full screen or run unscaled at full resolution (previously an .ini option)
The matching service is making multiplayer connection a much better experience, a nice list of games and you are up and running much faster. We've honored the BG development tradition of offensive game naming and we're hopeful any of our beta testers who were exposed to that have recovered.
We've also logged 117 bugs fixed, including that damned Firebead Elvenhair butthole. I hate that guy. A lot.
We realize we've been kind of dark for a while and we are exploring a means to give people better visiblity on what we are working on. We're still working through our ideas, but our goal is to be more open without adding overly to our current maxed out workload.
This sounds all wonderful, but, the build is still in need of additional QA time to ensure a game we can all be happy with. This means the patch and the Android version are not yet ready for release. Hopefully with the added transparency we can expose people to the issues holding us up and get your help solving them.