Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just a question (don't feel mad at me @Dee, XD! I'm really curious in this)!

"Baldur's Gate 2 Features
    All of the additions and improvements from Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn have been brought to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Now you can use class kits, new subraces and classes that were previously unavailable."

Will be this a long term promise? Cos BG2 EE as it's being said in this forum, is near of his release date and no sub-race has been added to the game.

Another thing, a bit off-topic in fact, so any dev reading this feel free to ignore this question:

No way to the team make a focus in solving the journal issue that's making mostly of the mods that deal with it be incompatible with BG:EE? (BG1 NPC mod as the main injuried among a lot of others, also many possibilities killed with this).
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That quote is referring to races that weren't available in BG1 originally--namely the half-orc. If we do end up implementing subraces it won't be for a while.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2013
    @kamuizin in the context of that quote (i.e. the fact that they're talking specifically about features found in BG2 being brought to BG:EE), I think they might have just been talking about half-orcs. Kind of misleading to say subraces in that case though. I could be wrong though.

Edit: ninja'd
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    It's now been changed to "a new subrace" to be more precise. :)
    TJ_Hooker
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    edited June 2013
    We nitpick because we love the game ;)
    Post edited by Thunder on
    trinit
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Thunder said:

Our nitpicking is because we love the game ;)

Yea,
    We already own the game so if they would change the product description now would not matter anymore to us.
    I complain because I want them to be successful and because I love baldurs gate, since it was the game that had most impact on my gaming life and showed me what quality really looks like, not because I want to feel smart.

Cheers to overhaul!
    EntropyXIIDeMarcogonGodKaiserHell
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    I have read and understand the viewpoints of those posting regarding the cinematics and the start page, etc, etc...and I just want to express my opinion without inciting some kind of righteous flame war :)

For me personally, I couldn't care less about the cinematics or what have you, or the front page. If I want to watch top notch in-game cinematics I'll play The Witcher 2 or a Blizzard game.

What I do care about is relatively small potatoes (at least in my mind).

No.1 - Fix the FIRST quest in the game (Tethoril - I understand this has been addressed though, so yay!)

No.2 - Fix the Journal and make every quest update correctly.

And for my money...that's it, I'm really not arsed about anything else. Hope it's all coming along well Beamdog guys, you're doing a top job keeping on top of it all.
    GodKaiserHell
  • GLenGLen Member Posts: 20
    Anyone knows when this patch is coming out from the closet?
  • MormontMormont Member Posts: 5
    kamuizin said:

A lot of whiners and whimpers in this thread.

To the BG-team: I love you guys. You'r doing a great job.

Ball lickers... ball lickers everywhere!!! Just to play the other side of the coin :)!
    Thx 4 that!
    And patch the Game finally! :D
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    So, you moved closer to "transparency" but moved away from our & your dream, a really "Enhanced" Edition. I hope after the new patch you will be closer to the another announcement, and not removing it later:

"The Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate has been given an extensive overhaul. The original source code has been cleaned up and improved, sped up, and now has support for modern platforms. Over 400 issues from the original game have been found and fixed."

And we will see an Edition with less errors then 400 / or as the vanilla had before.
    Thanks for your effort.
    griever0483
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited June 2013
    Oh, It's this guy again...
    Sese79 said:

So, you moved closer to "transparency" but moved away from our & your dream, a really "Enhanced" Edition.

wow... apparently the "enhanced edition" is all about movies and nothing more. It doesn't matter what they do, you will always find something to complain about.
    Sese79 said:

And we will see an Edition with less errors then 400 / or as the vanilla had before.

why don't you go and play the original then? Good luck in Beregost.
    AedanEntropyXIIScooterPinkRose
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Sese79 said:

So, you moved closer to "transparency" but moved away from our & your dream, a really "Enhanced" Edition. I hope after the new patch you will be closer to the another announcement, and not removing it later:

"The Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate has been given an extensive overhaul. The original source code has been cleaned up and improved, sped up, and now has support for modern platforms. Over 400 issues from the original game have been found and fixed."

You may be misreading the announcement. Over 400 issues from the original game were found and fixed. There may be others we missed, and certainly there were some we introduced (which will be addressed in the next patch), but that note is accurate and will not be changed.
    AedanMoomintroll
  • guciomirguciomir Member Posts: 13
    I wonder why there are so many complains about website in this thread? This one is supposed to be about patch status...

Dee, are there any news about patch status? any eta available?
  • Will you support 1920x1080? Its ugly how the different screens look like... You can answer this one I guess.
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Followed Trent's tweet ( ) and wound up here? Any updates on the Android front (particularly the Nexus 10)?
    matthileo said:

Followed Trent's tweet (

) and wound up here? Any updates on the Android front (particularly the Nexus 10)?
    I am also interested in an update on the android version, have not heard anything on it for a long time now.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Lol what a tweet.. Brings to a 13 days old post.
    Blash said:

Lol what a tweet.. Brings to a 13 days old post.

Well, the tweet is just as old, but it's the most recent mention of Android I could find.

Funny thing that the tweet mentions android while the link does not?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Isn't it kind of implied that the next patch will happen the same time as the Android release? Or was I just imagining that the whole time?
    Anton
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking that too but since they never said that...

I would like to think that they thought that android version would be ready about the same time as the patch is released but they do not want to say something that will turn up untrue. So they release a little hint and let speculation do the rest :)

^Wishful thinking :P
    The optimist in me is excited for this, but I have a major sinking feeling that when the Android version does release Nexus 10 support will be missing (I believe they were having technical difficulties with the GPU) despite it being the second most voted for tablet in the poll, right after the Nexus 7.
    I think the nexus 7 would be too small, the nexus 10 would be perfect.
    To bad that they are having issues, hopefully that is what is delaying the release since it was the second most rated?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Hmm, that sucks. I was kinda planning to buy a Nexus 10 when BG:EE for Android is released. Let's hope they manage to iron out those issues.
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    matthileo said:

The optimist in me is excited for this, but I have a major sinking feeling that when the Android version does release Nexus 10 support will be missing (I believe they were having technical difficulties with the GPU) despite it being the second most voted for tablet in the poll, right after the Nexus 7.

But what does the Furyan in you feel like? :P
  • Will you support 1920x1080? Its ugly how the different screens look like... You can answer this one I guess.

Already supported.

Help me please!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @siril_dana You or a mod turned off UI scaling. Look for a line in your baldur.ini file containng the world Scale_UI. If the number after it is 0, change it to 1.
This discussion has been closed.