Skip to content

How to right click with Mac?

Hey everyone,

I have these great items I want to check in my inventory, but my mouse only has a left click option available. Usually, I just get around this by holding control while clicking with the mouse. In BG though, this doesn't appear to work. Has anyone else had this issue, and how have you gotten around it?

Thanks!

Comments

• aefpunkaefpunk Member Posts: 1
    OK, simple question here. Is it possible to right-click in BGEE without a mouse? I tried the control key but didn't have any luck. I am stuck in the tutorial trying to see the fire arrow's history page, but can't seem to right click it from the inventory page. Perhaps I will just need to use a mouse?

Thanks for your insight.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    On my laptop, I use two-finger taps to be "right-click". Try that.

It might not be the default -- open up your System Preferences -> Trackpad and see what you have selected for "Secondary Click".
    aefpunk
  • aefpunkaefpunk Member Posts: 1
    Yep, that did the trick. Thanks for the help Nifft!
  • CiofeyCiofey Member Posts: 2
    Is there a way to set it to CRTL-click instead?
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Ciofey said:

Is there a way to set it to CRTL-click instead?

I don't see any way to do that in my Mouse control panel, so I guess it would have to be something the game designers added as a new feature...

Or maybe check if your Mouse control panel offers that as a choice?

On the Trackpad control panel, tapping in a corner can be configured to "secondary click", so maybe other mice have other options? (My mouse has five buttons, so its control panel is all about assigning those buttons -- no options for adding synthetic buttons, possibly because it has too many buttons already.)
  • MelchiorMelchior Member Posts: 2
    Beamdog would have to update Baldur's Gate to recognize a CTRL-click as right click (something I'd think would be helpful on some PC laptops as well).

Other than that you'll just have to enable right click from your trackpad in System Preferences (either via the 2-finger option or the side of the trackpad option).
  • Hey just started playing, can't seem how to figure out how to right click.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    On the touchpad on a Macbook you tap with two fingers. I can't help you beyond that, though.
    [Deleted User]
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Man this would be a good opportunity to troll about Macs....
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited May 2013
    I think it is option/alt click. Or control click.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I am sure you can change your settings on a mac to allow mouses to have a left click. If we are talking about a Apple mouse and not a touchpad on a Apple laptop
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    With a touchpad, it is a two finger click. I think you can customize it in the preferences if you want though.
  • FarClimbFarClimb Member Posts: 2
    In my normal, non-BG EE desktop, control+mouse click = right click. However, BG doesn't seem able to recognize this. No one has heard of this quandary? I tried looking up an option for right clicking in the BG options, but they don't have it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kitenerdkitenerd Member Posts: 4
    This seems really basic - and very annoying. I have been on a single button mac since the dawn of time and played both previous versions of Baldur's Gate by Control Clicking. Why would they make that go away?

Please fix this
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    BGEE responds to whatever your system has configured as right-click. Go to system preferences and Mouse Preferences or Trackpad Preferences, and configure Secondary Click.
  • GarrynGarryn Member Posts: 3
    I'm having issues with right clicking also, if I tap with 2 fingers on my trackpad the party will move but nothing else. I have to click in the bottom right of the pad for it to work.

With my external mouse right click will only move the characters, wont attack or interact with anything. Pretty much making the game unplayable for me.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    You should be able to configure both two finger right click and the right button secondary click in system preferences. The game has no control of this.
  • GarrynGarryn Member Posts: 3
    They're configured fine in the OS. They just dont work in the game.
  • Dale_DDale_D Member Posts: 6
    Another option is to use a mouse... Logitech makes a version of their Control Center for OS X, and I have an Anywhere MX mouse that I use all the time.
  • Dale_DDale_D Member Posts: 6
    Just commented on this in another thread, but you can also use a regular mouse.... Logitech makes an OS X version of their Control Center, and I use an Anywhere MX mouse with my Macbook Pro all the time.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Threads merged.
  • solved9000solved9000 Member Posts: 1
    Garryn said:

They're configured fine in the OS. They just dont work in the game.

Garryn, I had problems with the default two-finger click on my MacBook Air so I changed it to right lower corner (of the track pad)--see system preferences > trackpad > secondary click. That worked great. If you click right-handed I would dissuade you from choosing left lower corner, because that's where I usually click for everything. Cheers!