Skip to content

[Announcement] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has been temporarily removed from sale.

Comments

• catgovcatgov Member Posts: 1
    I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the publisher(s) and hope all the issues will be resolved in a timely manner.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    Dire news. I really hope things work out, as I am very much looking forward to BG2EE.

(However, maybe I'll go outside a little bit in my spare time now, and see what the sun looks like...)
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    Sorry to hear that you guys are having all this trouble, You guys deserve to have BGEE released on all the planned platforms & BG2:EE released. In the mean time, "May Helm watch over thee upon thy quest."
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited June 2013
    I feel for ya dev's. Take heart in knowing that you most likely have the most loyal fan-base in gaming history. Good will prevail, swords for everyone!

One of my favourite quotes of all time comes to mind - I think you guys should use it in unison:

"I grows tired of yelling battle cries when fighting this mage! Boo will finish your eyeballs once and for all so he does not rise again! EVIL, MEET MY SWORD! SWORD, MEET EVIL!!!!"

Good luck fellas.

I hope your final battle goes something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_Y0rsjruc
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    edited June 2013
    In the (seemingly highly likely) event that this mater doesn't get resolved, what will happen to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition? Will I wake up one morning to find it deleted from my Steam Library? Should I be copying the files so I can (try) to run the game independently/so it won't get deleted?
  • NolzeiNolzei Member Posts: 13
    I really hope they don't do that. If they do imagine though they would have to go through a lot of repaying angry gamers.
    Nolzei said:

I really hope they don't do that. If they do imagine though they would have to go through a lot of repaying angry gamers.

At least part of Baldur's Gate is owned by EA, through Bioware. Does anyone doubt for one second that they'd be big enough dicks to do it?
    I don't know but if bad stuff does happen, maybe another company may buy it and make a new game later. Fallout 3 is a fun game but the originals where better. Sure they had killable children, sex and even more drugs in it, but it's not like whoever takes over (hopefully it stays where it is) baldur's gate won't add children to the game, make them invincible, but instead of just plain children with no reason to be killed, make them the most irratating people in the whole game. DO NOT let this game die !! DO NOT BECOME BETHESDA !!!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Malicron said:

At least part of Baldur's Gate is owned by EA, through Bioware. Does anyone doubt for one second that they'd be big enough dicks to do it?

In a heartbeat, if they could profit from it. They're probably already getting a percentage of the profits, though: why shoot themselves in the foot?
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Maddening! I hope this can be resolved.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm just glad Douglas Adams isn't alive to see this.
    shawne said:

In a heartbeat, if they could profit from it. They're probably already getting a percentage of the profits, though: why shoot themselves in the foot?

They might be trying to renegotiate for a larger cut, and considering the pittance BG:EE would bring them compared to their overall profit margins, I could see them killing it as a message to other partner companies. To wit "do what we tell you or we'll ruin you."
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    baldur's gate is my favorite game of all time, and all i do is game... i dont even have cable or satellite, cause all i do is game. over 70,000 gamerscore on xbox, and tons of gametime on pc. baldurs gate is my favorite. dont let it die here. ( "to end, like THIS!") and the anticipation of BGII:EE is too much to handle, and THEN the possibility of BG3! o..m..g!!! and now i hear this. it literally hurts. keep fighting to make my dreams come true. please and thank you.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited June 2013
    EA isn't involved with this, as far as I know; we're doing our best to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
    As quick as tommarow ?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Er. Well. No.

But trust me when I say that we're doing everything we can.
    @Dee - Which leaves Atari then.. -sigh-
    edited June 2013
    Nolzei said:

As quick as tommarow ?

That would please, yet utterly astonish me. If we're talking contract issues, we're talking lawyers. That means time. Lots and lots and lots of time. :(
    At least it's not LJN....
    My favorite games where Fallout 1 and 2 back in the Day, they where a lot like Baldur's gate but different, Daggerfall and Arena where cool too.
    I know this is highly unlikely guys, but what are the chances of the patch/additional content/BGII:EE being worked on in the meantime whilst this -cough- Atari -cough- mess is sorted?

Would all issues have to be solved first? Was the delay in the patch anything to do with recent events?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    In fact,I don't care Android edition.But it looks that cause Chinese language pack been delayed.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    I am really saddened to hear this. I just want to let Beamdog know that I really enjoyed the work put into BGEE. And I look forward to BG2EE.

And also, to say that if the worst happens, I hope they consider perhaps kickstarting a new project. I will happily pledge.
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    @PhillipDaigle
    What about steam? has also been removed?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2013
    Maybe this would be a good time for Beamdog to release that Unrecalled Realms Game Boulder's Fence since they can't do Baldur's Gate
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited June 2013
    notking said:

@PhillipDaigle
    What about steam? has also been removed?

Read the thread.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/324481/#Comment_324481

• joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    OK, I was perfectly happy playing BGT. I bought EE 1) to support development 2) to ween myself from the chore of installing/modding bgt. I was told the patch was neigh, and haven't played it once (other than testing my own mod) because I was waiting on the patch. Now this.

I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone here. I guess I too am just really disappointed. Between this and the flatlining of the Imoen Romance, it's been rough.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Well , nobody would like to see this status , i believe ,

But ,

It means beamdog has more time do the QA phase for new patch , in the same time , please keeping work the new contents and features for BG series ,

I beleive this issue will be closed someday , otherwise beamdog die , lots of fans also can't forgive contractual partner in this case,

So, please keep work for more amazing features and provide better game experience for us in the future,

Thank You , Overhual ,
This discussion has been closed.