Skip to content

[Announcement] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has been temporarily removed from sale.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Cahir said:

Yeah for now we can play, but we are worried if this will be permanent state of things.

Ah I see what you mean. Nobody said they lost the Baldur's Gate license though?

• NolzeiNolzei Member Posts: 13
    Yeah, you can still play it.
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I thought they were still tinkering with BG:EE. I figured that BG2:EE hadn't been started yet so I guess I'm glad to see that they had been working on it. I hope things work out and don't end up like Juju from Skullgirls.
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Cahir said:

@Cahir @Nolzei

Did you guys worrying if you can play the game read the faq?

Frequently Asked Questions

I have already purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog or the Apple App Store. Will I still be able to download and play my game?

Yes. If you have already purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog or the Apple App Store, you can still download and play your game.

Yeah for now we can play, but we are worried if this will be permanent state of things.
    Taking away access to a game you already own is a legal clusterfuck of epic proportions. For example in the EU they simply couldn't do that, they would have to release a patch to remove the DRM.

So, not much to worry about in that regard.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited June 2013
    Never to end like this! Never!

I am still chuffed that a game 14 years old has been brought back at all... That it revived a community, brought in a new generation of fans and not only re-created the old magic but made more... well... This news has unraveled me...

They say the road to success is littered with potholes and the occasional cow. But Beamdog is well on the road to success with this venture... They are using a monster truck, equipped with a plough!

So which company would want to steal the momentum of this success? (Or the keys to the truck...)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yeah, no one's losing access to the games they already bought. We'll make sure of that.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    Devastating news.

Didn't expect this when I logged on tonight..
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    *Entering berserker rage*

I can't believe this is happening, and does it have to be announced at 00:26!? I will not get any sleep...
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I have no idea what to say to news like this.

Well, other than 'why?' or 'how?' - which obviously can't be answered. I hope everything gets sorted out quickly, though.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited June 2013
    Can't believe this one. Well i guess the QA phase of the patch will be longer than expected !

Good luck , you need it !

Can a petition change things ? I mean, the fans community who is supporting this project is quite big now.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited June 2013
    "What? Boo is outraged! See his fury!... Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes! "

PS : Thanks for your answer Trent... this quote was obviously not adressed to you ;)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Frustrating news indeed. Is development work still going on at Overhaul or is everything put on hold?
    edited June 2013
    Aron740 said:

*Entering berserker rage*

I can't believe this is happening, and does it have to be announced at 00:26!? I will not get any sleep...

Yeah, I was looking forward to new stuff too :(
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    Read the topic! Aaaaaargh! Why is this happening?! Just sat here refreshing waiting for answers... I demand answerrrrrs!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I would like to point everyone towards my now stunningly pertinent suggestion in this thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18125/my-take-on-a-bg3-plot-spoilers
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    ajwz said:

I would like to point everyone towards my now stunningly pertinent suggestion in this thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18125/my-take-on-a-bg3-plot-spoilers

Ahaha. You called it.
    What did he call, I missed it ?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    you see, this is all just an elaborate ARG

that's what i've been telling myself
    ARG ?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game also known as "you're not crazy, there really is a global internet conspiracy, but it's just about Halo 2"
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    The unusual contractual process through which BG:EE got authorised has, it seems, been a perpetual thorn, albeit a necessary one for the game to happen. This disaster seems to be yet another hurdle on that fraught road, which has already been riddled with compromise -let's hope this one can be resolved amicably.

Seeing as we're so close to Android release, and BG:EE is already on the Apple Istore, I suspect the conflict may be there.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I am completely speechless............. Ok not quite completely. I hope for your success in resolving these issues good sirs. My bhaal raise from his grave and strike down those who have caused such issues.
  • Rancho666Rancho666 Member Posts: 1
    =(
This discussion has been closed.