Skip to content

NPC Preview: Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Comments

• TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    Like Cahir, I'm keen to hear of any progress. How's Dark Side coming along, guys?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited May 2013
    I made the mistake of updating the game and it deleted all of my work that I had done. I am in the process of redoing it and now I have to wait for a mod tool to get updated so I can read the bloody world map so I can put in the correct coordinates for the DS areas.
    Damn, that's a shame, but I, and others too no doubt, really appreciate the update. Thanks.
    Snakesonaskyship
  • SnakesonaskyshipSnakesonaskyship Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    A shame indeed - losing progress can really throw one of ones game... I know that from once having been very bad at making backups. Hope your motivation didn't take too much of a beating!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Great to hear that this is coming along! :D
  • sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
    is northern tales going to be included?
    will new kits be added? would love to be a Harper Scout myself.

going to have to bust out the original dsotsc again!
    WithinAmnesia
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @CoM_Solaufein - drop this worldmap.mos in your override, and you'll be able to edit the world map again.
    Great, thanks. Now we can move forward.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I never had a chance to play DSotSC cos BGT always bugged with it, i hope to give a try now on it. I hope to enjoy it when a playabe version get launched!

By the way, there's any chance for a sequence in BG2 for DSotSC? Well... maybe i'm worng in ask this, make the mod history is not compatible with a sequence... i don't know. What i know is that i never liked The Darkest Day mod for BG2 and another option to supply as an big world change mod would be nice.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    I can't wait till this DSOTSC is finished...great memories.
    CoM_Solaufein
    One of the best mods ever IMO. I'll be glad once its suitable for the public for EE.
    EdwinSchopenhauer
    Bump for interest. :)
    Schopenhauer
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I will take that interest and raise you some more!
    Schopenhauer
  • _Crusher_Crusher Member Posts: 10
    Any sign of life here?
    *poke*
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Isandir, r u still working in those 2 evil NPCs? You stated that you don't want an wicked evil, so i thought of suggest something alike Amon Jerro from NWN2, an exelent NPC inside a non so excelent game (good but not as Baldur's Gate). Not an warlock i mean, but someone with an alike personality as "i have to do this, is for the greater good so a damn for the consequences, if i kill half of the humanity in the process i will still save the other half!"
  • xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41
    any news on whether this will be out soon, hopefully before bg2:ee releases?
    Not before BG2EE I'm afraid. There's a lot of stuff I have to redo, thanks to updating the game which over wrote everything.
    I am putting together the new stuff that was created along with the stuff that I had to make compatible for BGEE. And then I will do a beta version 2 install and go from there.
    modestvolta
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    How is this moving along? Been quite while since the last news..
    Its moving now.
    O NOES! Died so early into the game. :(
    Fina92wintersCrevsDaak
    edited April 2014
    Just checking to see if some BG2 animations are in the game. A vampire lord should look like a vampire right? Actually he looks better as a male/mage animation.

I'm cleaning up the creature files. This mod was made back in the day of not having modern editing tools like we have now. Hex editing can only take you so far. An example is a phantom who has a race/class setting as a wolf? There are flag settings that they shouldn't have. Or they have an item that doesn't exist. Little things like this can cause the game to crash. We don't like games that crash.
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    Fina92CrevsDaak
    O NOES! A drunk!
    Neat paladin stuff that I can't buy. No paladin.

Now that I have the creature files edited and fixed along with some spells, I can now get to playing the mod.
    mlneveseFina92
    The files are in the mod but was never implemented into the game, Drizzt had some friends join him if you attacked him. Think I'll add that back in.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

The files are in the mod but was never implemented into the game, Drizzt had some friends join him if you attacked him. Think I'll add that back in.

DSotSC:UB ;P
    jackjackAedan