Skip to content

Have you ever tried to kill Drizzt?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Have you ever tried to kill Drizzt?208 votes
    1. no, never
      23.08%
    2. yeah, 2-3 times just to see how strong he was
      25.48%
    3. yeah, some games
      23.08%
    4. yeah, most games
      17.31%
    5. yeah, every game
      11.06%
CrevsDaak

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I tried once, just because I was curious. It didn't end well.

Then I tried again, because I wanted to see what kind of equipment he had. One pair of keystrokes later he was dead, but it wasn't satisfying.

I have, however, watched several videos of players fighting him for many minutes. So if this were the Matrix, I'd have killed him dozens of times by now.
    CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    As I note elsewhere, I never tried because it held no fascination for me to try it.
  • MelhelixMelhelix Member Posts: 2
    I enjoy killing Drizzt. With cheese and without. I think my fastest time was 4 mins 37 seconds. Crits, crits everywhere.
    sarevok57CrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    MalicronCrevsDaak
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I loved backstabbing him with my solo assassin fighter dc. That was an odd but fun build though. Took 3 stabs I think! Loves my potions of invis!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2013
    Planning to kill him in my solo druid BG1 playthrough shortly. Its nothing personal, I just need his sword. :)
    Malicron
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    elminster said:

Planning to kill him in my solo druid BG1 playthrough shortly. Its nothing personal, I just need his sword. :)

Make sure you summon some Werebears!
    QuartzCrevsDaak
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I believe I tried maybe once or twice on the original game, but I haven't tried once in BG:EE. The idea of fighting him just holds no allure for me personally. Besides I usually roll good guys and he's got my back in BG2. Just my play style I guess.
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    edited June 2013
    Killed him once, I always wanted to get a clean kill off him, but had to abuse masses of summons to get to him like everyone else... Maybe on my next clear I'll try to cleanly kill him with no summons? I've always hated that you have to skip his area or he's gone forever though.

Also, I guess I'm too good, But the simple fact that I kill a good character doesn't sit well with me!
    epicrakshasas
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    ...for the equipment, for the XP, for the GP, or just for the lulz.
    TaylorTwerksarevok57FredjoCrevsDaak
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

And you inspired this poll. :D

I do what I can.

Yes, I think his swords are able to be stolen. I think. Ah--the wife confirms this because she did it.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I did it for the challenge, like I did with Shandalar...

Though it did force me to cheat in BG2 when the he was not happy about that and brought friends...
    Malicron
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    So long as my PC is not of good alignment, Drizzt must die.

I mean, he's a *Drow* elf! Just because he *claims* to be Drizzt doesn't mean he is. Drow are notorious liars. Best to be safe!
    Malicronsarevok57Fredjo
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Roleplay decide, as always.

If in the current game i'm playing, based on my character and companions, kill Drizzt make sense, then i kill him, otherwise no.

Probally many more ppl try to kill drizzt in BG2.
    Jarrakul
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    I'm a roleplayer primarily, and have never run into him when playing evil (I hardly ever play evil) so I've never tried. I suppose I should once, to see if I can.
    kamuizinLisaralinQuartz
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Sure why not.
    CrevsDaak
    Malicron said:

I'm a roleplayer primarily, and have never run into him when playing evil (I hardly ever play evil) so I've never tried. I suppose I should once, to see if I can.

When i'm neutral or not lawful at least i pickpocket him. Smart evil characters would know better than cross Drizzt Do'Urden patch at lvl 6/7, normally my dumb evil parties (normally the chaotic bloothirsty parties or similar) that attack him.

Sometimes, when i make low wisdom good characters with no wise person in the party, i attack him also, he's a drow after all (these are the most enjoinable, as i can use both scimitars and i can excuse myself with him properly in BG2 meeting).
    Quartz
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I remember commenting a while back about killing Drizzt.

I usually stay out of the fight because he can obviously handle himself. But if you don't help him kill the gnolls, he'll threaten you for it. My characters do not respond well to threats and they'll tell them that maybe the gnolls had the right idea. That leads to Drizzt attacking, and me winning.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Unfortunatly he always plays an important role in my "how much xp can you collect in BG1" experiment.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited June 2013
    Hell to the no! After reading one of R.A. Salvatore's novels about Drizzt, titled "Homeland", getting familiar with Drizzt's origins and moral struggles against the evils of his homeland, family (except his father) and his brethren, I don't have the heart to attack him in the game, even if I was playing a lawful, neutral or chaotic evil character.

People who do have the heart to attack him are as heartless as drow generally are.
    Fredjolunargeekfatigue
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "Have you ever tried to kill Drizzt?" pool? Dude, to some people there is no Baldur's Gate, but rather "Kill the Drizzt" marathon ;p.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Early on I'd try out of curiosity, and then when I got pummeled it became a matter of challenge to find a way to manage it. In RP/immersion terms however I'd never raise my hand against Drizzt, so much like the adventurers in ToB, I always reload and greet him cordially.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

I mean, he's a *Drow* elf! Just because he *claims* to be Drizzt doesn't mean he is. Drow are notorious liars. Best to be safe!

News Flash: Drizzt is the only drow with violet colored eyes! Drow normally have black or red colored eyes!

geekfatigue
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2013
    DreadKhan said:

elminster said:

Make sure you summon some Werebears!
    Honestly I had no clue about Werebears until now. Part of me wishes I had them, but then again part of me wishes I had dispel magic as a druid (you don't get it as a druid in BG1 only in BG2 and BGEE). Not for using on Drizzt mind you, just for general usage. The fact that I have neither just makes the game more of a challenge. :)

Plus I was never really all that big on mods.
    CrevsDaak
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    I personally could never stand Drizzt in the books I always found him an unlikable and over rated character, truth be told I cant stand R.A. Salvatore's writing style either, so with that said hell yeah I look forward to gutting Drizzt every single game I play regardless of if I need his equipment or not.
  • PhototoxinPhototoxin Member Posts: 23
    Depends, much as I hate his mary sue-ness, if good no kill, if neutral no kill, but if evil EXTERMINATE!
    edited June 2013

News Flash: Drizzt is the only drow with violet colored eyes! Drow normally have black or red colored eyes!

What is only visible if he's using the infra-red spectrum heat vision (infravision), what doesn't happens in the open sky for a drow (his pupils are violet also, but that can be hard to see without getting near enough to check).

Drows can see very well with a minimum source of light, they only use infravision when there's no light.

It's viable to not believe him, and it's viable to a low wis character to have no knowledge about Drizzt, specially if we're from Candlekeep, south of Baldur's Gate and not a bit near Icewind Dale where Drizzt is more reknowed.