Skip to content

Let's take this forum to the next level!

SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
Right now I'm on my honeymoon on Ireland and enjoying life to the fullest. My new young wife, pubs with beer, old ruins and long strolls along the country side. Much like playing Baldur's Gate - but in real life.

One thing that is not living so much for the moment is this forum. With the postponement of the BG:EE-saga and the disappearance of such jolly members as @samus the activity in this forum has slowed down to virtually zero.

It's time to reclaim the past glorious days of this forum. Let us be a little more active and encourage both each other and the team of BG:EE. This might be a dark hour of computer gaming but the dawn is coming.

Until then - Let's this forum a good shake and see what falls out!
Post edited by Jalily on
lunarFredSRichardsonMoomintrolllolien

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm actually a little insulted, which probably wasn't the intent. Rather than act as arbiter of forum quality, might I recommend writing thoughtful posts and seeing if a conversation ensure?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Part of it is also when people use the forum. I'm guessing the most common local time to use the forum is 5-10pm weekly and more varied on weekends. Europe may very well still be the most populous user of the forums followed by North America, so certain periods in the day will have more new posts than others.
    lolien
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

I also doubt it has much to do with individual members. Like Coriander stated, with the patches/new content becoming fewer and more far between there's not all that much to talk about (that hasn't in some shape or form already been discussed).

Then obviously the news about the legal issues came as a pretty bad blow. The future of a game series being put into doubt tends to have a negative effect on the players - especially when there's already a complete, fully working and moddable alternative out there.
    BelgarathMTHreedmilfam
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned that it's SUMMER time :/
    DJKajuru
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    zur312elminster
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

Right now I'm on my honeymoon on Ireland and enjoying life to the fullest. My new young wife, pubs with beer, old ruins and long strolls along the country side. Much like playing Baldur's Gate - but in real life.

I'm here too, at least for a couple months until I'm needed back in the UK. If I were you, I would get off the internet and enjoy this heat. When the weather changes, it'll be drizzle, heavy rain, or thunderstorms for as far as the eye can see.
    lolien

Only in the northern hemisphere :D
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366

One thing that is not living so much for the moment is this forum. With the postponement of the BG:EE-saga and the disappearance of such jolly members as @samus the activity in this forum has slowed down to virtually zero.

It's time to reclaim the past glorious days of this forum. Let us be a little more active and encourage both each other and the team of BG:EE. This might be a dark hour of computer gaming but the dawn is coming.

Until then - Let's this forum a good shake and see what falls out!

complaining while on vaccation LOL

sun is killing you!
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Coriander said:

The number of new posts and discussions has been steadily falling since December. I kind of feel like that's closer related to us releasing stuff than an individual user being banned. On the plus side we're not likely to set the forum server on fire :D

Not just you releasing stuff, but also us not knowing what to expect and lack of information on future developments.. as the silence goes on so is people interest..

• FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    I've got to admit I'm guilty of lurking endlessly looks for scraps of news (or more likely rumors). I feel like an ancient vampire trying to catch and feed off rats in an abandoned warehouse :P

So while the number of posters has gone down, perhaps the number of lurkers has gone up?
    FredjoCorianderSamuelVarg
    Btw during the game release in the end of november there were 6.6K people online + 5.8K Guests..
    mch202 said:

Btw during the game release in the end of november there were 6.6K people online + 5.8K Guests..

True but they had problems at launch and some of that was just people trying to download the game and get it working.
    elminster said:

mch202 said:

True but they had problems at launch and some of that was just people trying to download the game and get it working.
    I'm talking about when the clock was counting to zero and during the first minutes of the download, when it was rather slow. Nobody had the chance to play the game yet ;-)

elminster
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598

I'm not sure what you would consider more active. I come here every day and spend way too much time reading new posts. There just always seem to be so many new posts every day, I can't even get to them all.

Are you limiting yourself to checking general? There are lots of interesting things being discussed in other sections as well, such as off-topic, strategies and walkthroughs, and player-created art.

I guess it has slowed down a little since the legal trouble began. But I'm not personally having any trouble finding interesting posts to read.

Of course, the only thing that would bring the forum back to extremely heavy traffic for a time, would be releasing BG2:EE. Maybe the patch would do it on a smaller scale. First order of business is for the legal troubles to find resolution.

BTW - congratulations on your marriage.

I must have missed those new threads. Or I'm into other discussions than you. :-)
    Those sections I hang out on is far less active.
    But I'll look around more when I come home.
    BelgarathMTHlolien
    Quartz said:

Uhh bro I support this message but if you're on your honeymoon for God's sake get off this forum! XD

20 minutes on the internet a day is a must. Even for a newly wed man.
    BelgarathMTHlolien
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    Before these forums all I knew were the LoL forums. This place is like a literal heaven compared to that warzone.

But I do admit, I miss Samus and it has quited down. But seriously, the community and the design of this forum is just so good I cant complain at all.
    BelgarathMTH
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Quartz said:

Uhh bro I support this message but if you're on your honeymoon for God's sake get off this forum! XD

20 minutes on the internet a day is a must. Even for a newly wed man.

@SamuelVarg I'll only worry if you say you stll have time to test the betas ;)
    [Deleted User]BelgarathMTH
    mlnevese said:

Not in a couple of weeks. I'm "beta-testing" other things, if you know what I mean. ;-)

BelgarathMTHmlneveseMoomintrolllolien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

mlnevese said:

Not in a couple of weeks. I'm "beta-testing" other things, if you know what I mean. ;-)

FredSRichardsonBelgarathMTHmlnevese
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    I doubt that with the red tape and rights issues Beamdog/Overhaul's currently stuck in, this forum will reach any level anytime soon. No news = lower activity. Logic.
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    @mlnevese - I always hate the way data ruins some perfectly good theories! :P
    SamuelVargmlnevese
    This project to kick-start a, what I thought was, slow moving forum vent down the drain ...
    And now I feel like an ass ... Darn.

Well since everything is well in the forum I say good bye for time being.
    Time to go back to my honeymoon!
    mlneveseBelgarathMTHlolien