Skip to content

Patch status

Comments

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    I keep coming here like others. Are we wandering souls?
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited July 2013
    @KouTheMad Its us waiting for the dog which is slightly different I guess :) Reminded me of how well that episode was done though, as this video still elicits an emotional response from me too :(
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Damn you! There's ONE thing on Earth able to make me cry and it's THAT!
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    As Randall once put it, reaction to that episode could be used as the ultimate CAPTCHA... except probably even bots would cry.
  • RandallRandall Member Posts: 4
    @alnair I did what? :o
    edited July 2013
    Not @Randall but Randall :)

(did the forum send you a notification as if I had actually used @Randall in my previous post?)
  • BarzarelBarzarel Member Posts: 25

ermo said:

Speaking of "we deserve", noone "deserves" getting the short end of the stick like Overhaul recently did, really.

By all accounts, the Overhaul team have put countless hours into restoring a 15-year old code-base to modern, portable standards; they've even gone through the trouble to rewrite their renderer to work around intel's craptastic IGP support policy and they have also somehow managed to persuade a good chunk of the remaining (cream of the) BG modding scene to help get the little scripting details Just Right™.

With a story driven game like BG, that sort of dedication and attention to detail is alpha and omega, because it is what draws you into the game world just that little step further.

So, yeah, you have to wonder what kind of monumental jerk would just take a dump on that kind of commitment -- whoever decided on this outcome certainly aren't earning any brownie points around these parts...

*mumble* *grumble* Greedy bastards + Underhanded lawyering tactics = One nasty cocktail *mumble* *grumble*

I have nothing to add. I just thought I'd quote it because it deserved being said a second time.
    Sadly less they going to come to and agreement its probably going to wake a while, remember the whole Curio thing in Second life, about copyright infringement it took I think was almost a half year before it was worked out. Its sad that they have to go through this tedious process.
  • OlmerOlmer Member Posts: 83
    Please make a small fix to the Russian language.
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    Olmer said:

Please make a small fix to the Russian language.

your language isnt the only buggy language ;)

i think many people are waiting for a language update.
    On example the new kits in German language are currently shown as "" or "Missing String #" and this since 6 Months....

I hate to say it, but you have to keep waiting, like all of us...

• VaxalonVaxalon Member Posts: 25
    Deserve? Oh i must quote...
    You dont get what you deserve, you get, what you get.
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    To the devs: Despite my silence, you guys have my support, as little as that problably means in the long run. I hope everything works out. For all of us.
  • Any update?
  • DudoDudo Member Posts: 361
    Any news ?
    What about now? (SCNR)
  • RennfliegeRennfliege Member Posts: 9
    now ??
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    meow :3
  • zenoenzenoen Member Posts: 3
    Oh look there is a nice kitty over there with a sign hanging from his neck that says now? (goes to pet kitty)
    Ahhhhhh it has huge sharp pointy teeth and claws a foot long ( starts running away to the music :Monty python's quest for the holy grail - Brave Sir Robin ran away song )
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I know it's hard, and there's nothing to report just yet, but please try to avoid spamming this thread.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Sorry :(
  • zenoenzenoen Member Posts: 3
    i apologize just was making a little joke that got out-of-hand i am just a little bit excited what with most of the titles of Atari being sold off already. hoping for good news.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    After reading about Atari selling their assets to pay off the debts, I am praying to God that Trent and the team get a hold of the Baldur's Gate Franchise without too much hassle. If they can pull that off then they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

I have also read that the auctions are happening this month so I'm hoping it will be resolved soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited July 2013
    Erm, while I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this...

Buying a game franchise like this is NOT a cheap endeavor...even one as old as this is (probably ESPECIALLY because it's as old as this is...).

The fact is $20 a pop @ a couple thousand (even couple 10K) copies sold doesn't usually make a dent in a franchise purchase. Hell, even buying into a McDonalds is a 3/4 of a million dollar purchase...and you're not talking about owning the future rights to anything (but sales of hamburgers) there.

Trent and all need to setup a Kickstarter for their purchase of the franchise off of Atari (is that even legal? No idea). I know I'd be willing to kick up some cash toward the Beamdog folks owning the rights to produce D&D based games...hell guarantee BG2 in the next couple months and I'll drop a pretty significant amount of money to see it happen (ok, significant for me, probably not significant for the purchase of the property).

Again, I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this...I would love nothing more than to see the folks at BeamDog (who at least seem to have both the background and the interest in the material) obtain the rights to re-produce the D&D Video Game Series...even if that NEVER included BG3 (which we all hope it will), just seeing BG2 and PS:T reproduced and playable on mobile devices and something other than PC's would utterly rock.

--Illydth
  • DudoDudo Member Posts: 361
    already has a bit of anger that still are writing soon soon soon and nothing happens. no specific date, none of the new information for us ... I would be ashamed to take these steps. my aim is not to offend. Sorry for my English
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Dudo said:

already has a bit of anger that still are writing soon soon soon and nothing happens. no specific date, none of the new information for us ... I would be ashamed to take these steps. my aim is not to offend. Sorry for my English

Where have you seen them saying "soon"? At most, I've seen them say that this issue will definitely be resolved, it's only a matter of time, but they didn't specify any kind of time frame. In general they've kept pretty quiet on the details.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    How long is a piece of string...
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Quoting the Monty Python is maybe the last thing we can do to have fun on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.