Skip to content

Not enough companions available

So before you make it to cloakwood theres barely any companions available making the game harder, especially for characters who are not very strong combatants from the start. At the very least it will make combat very tedious with lots of reloading and resting. Whats worse is that very few of these are evil companions. I dont know how many evil companions youll meet in the rest of the game, but for RP purposes I dont want to accept every damn companion either. There should be more of them in early game and more in general.

Comments

• mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    Go to the modding section and quick links post and download the sword coast stratagems (scs) mods and instal the relocate npcs to convenient locations component.

although I must disagree, even without this mod you get decent evil tank companions early (kagain and dorn) and bgee has lots of companions to choose from, but some are off the beaten track...go explore
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Well, theres Eldoth, Yeslick, Skie, Coran, Alora, Quayle, Tiax, and Faldorn Cloakwood or later.Of those, Eldoth and Tiax are evil . Xzar, Montaron, Edwin, Viconia, Shar-Teel, and Kagain are the evil ones you could have met beforehand. Not counting Dorn and Baeloth of course.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    o_0 not.. enough?
    Maybe you are missing some. With the 8 evil ones TJ listed you can also feel free to recruit the neutral ones Branwen, Garrick, Safana, Xan and Neera, bringing your total recruitable NPCs for evil PCs to 13.

That isn't including Jaheira who is neutral by class association only, but never feels too bad when you feed her husband to a bear.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Yeah, um.... Xzar and Montaron show up right away. Edwin is out in the open and can't be missed. That's three 'Evil' NPCs that you can't help but see prior to the first Mines. Admittedly Viconia and Shar Teel aren't readily found at some place convenient, but.....

Suggest that you either download the SCS patch that centralizes the NPCs or that you just look around a bit. Kagain isn't hard to find if you are throughly exploring every building in the towns. Just saying.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Wait, what?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @sheikh I think I may have done exactly what you may have done... You have accidentally killed them...

The first time I met Xzar and Montarion I popped a couple of arrows in their butts and thought, wow! loot! I then repeated this a few times before realising I could talk to them... Not my fault really... I mean Imoen just appears in your party, not hard to presume other NPCs would do the same...
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited July 2013
    deltago said:

o_0 not.. enough?
    Maybe you are missing some. With the 8 evil ones TJ listed you can also feel free to recruit the neutral ones Branwen, Garrick, Safana, Xan and Neera, bringing your total recruitable NPCs for evil PCs to 13.

That isn't including Jaheira who is neutral by class association only, but never feels too bad when you feed her husband to a bear.

lol didn't in the book khalid cheated on Jaheira if I remember correctly? I might be wrong, but I think something did happen.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited July 2013
    @TaylorTwerk pssssssssssst........ you mean Bhaal, not Bhall, but who's counting anyway myes? :3
    @Kaliesto
    Khalid got eaten by a ghoul, or died by one or some such on those lines, and then jaheira starting go after abdel all sexy like and whatnot
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    There's no such thing as a BG book.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Kaliesto said:

lol didn't in the book khalid cheated on Jaheira if I remember correctly? I might be wrong, but I think something did happen.

As @scriver says, there is no book. You MIGHT of thought you read a book about Baldur's Gate, but it was only kindling for a fire.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Okay make this complaint about BGII and people will understand, but BG1? Hahahahah good one.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Surely I'm not the only one who's longing for joinable, romanceable monster NPC's... right? Right?? :-(
    Just why is there no love for charismatic, ettercap bards? Or how about a lonely drider paladin of Kossuth? Sahuagin rangers could become quite popular around the Sword Coast as well. No, wait... what we really need is a fearsome, muscular, pixie barbarian amazoness! Those are my favourites. :)