Skip to content

***SPOILERS WITHIN*** You can't romance them - but you wish you could

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Sharing a godly essence does not a brother and sister make. Imoen is AT BEST your half sister in a very unique situation. Longtime childhood friends can fall into different types of roles. One of which is obviously brother and sister, while another could be that of lovers.

You also don't even know she is your half sister for most of your life. Plenty of time for feelings to develop. And then there is plenty of time afterwards for those feelings to be rationalized.

All that said, I enjoy the way the Imoen romance mod was done for the most part. Even if a relationship between you two can be rationalized, there would probably most definitely be hesitation on both your parts. It is good that is not just a mod where you just jump right into bed with each other without thinking about the implications.
    Until "half your life" becomes "a small portion of your life, because you're the new God/dess of Murder!".
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

AHF said:

The romance that isn't there that always bugs me is that I can't hook up the gnome and the paladin outside the paladin headquarters in Athkala in BG2. Both of them express interest and then there is nothing you can do.

I thought that that storyline ended up with the gnome and paladin hooking up? (It's been a number of years since I played BG2, but I'm pretty sure that is how things turn out if you keep visiting the Order.)
    I am going to have to pick BG2 back up and take another run through for this. I have probably talked to those two over 100 times in my BG2 runs and just have never been persistant enough to ever get past a certain point in their dialogue tree. I remember many times going by the paladin stronghold for the sole purpose of trying to do something with the two of them but I don't spend a lot of time around there for any other reason. Since I'd never seen it develop, I thought it was an unfinished line.

If there are any special requirements, can someone post them in a spoiler tag? I don't want to miss out again.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited August 2013
    @Dee omg I want colored background :D

jk, I know purple is for mod

anyway, maybe I would play a female charname just for a minsc romance. would be hilarious :) or maybe I would just search it on youtube
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Moderators get sort of a greyish colour (like Aedan has). BGEE team members get that bluish colour.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited August 2013
    @Itstucktwice
    Ummm ... was that honestly all directed at me? Where exactly did I say "eww incest! Eww that romance mod is so wrong, how could they?" All I said was that she is in fact closely related to you, that is, half siblings. Don't take your legitimate annoyance with all the prudes out on me, okay? I pretty well agree with you, I was just pointing out that your initial statement was essentially incorrect.

Were it my way, you could in fact develop a romance with Imoen, and then when you find out you're half siblings things would get awkward and well, it could go either way from there. That would be realistic.
    elminster said:

Moderators get sort of a greyish colour (like Aedan has). BGEE team members get that bluish colour.
    oops my bad
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited August 2013
    I can sorta change the color of my post... Watch![spoiler]Wouldn't it be cool if Delainy (the werewolf island love interest) were to come back as a playable character in BG2:EE and you could romance her? Or the guy? What is his name?
    Tresset said:

I can sorta change the color of my post... Watch![spoiler]Wouldn't it be cool if Delainy (the werewolf island love interest) were to come back as a playable character in BG2:EE and you could romance her? Or the guy? What is his name?

[spoiler]yes! my posts could be blue if i just use spoiler tags. genius i say! customization for the win! :)
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I bet Shoal the Nereid is, like, real hawt'n stuff. I'd totally romance her if she didn't kiss me dead.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Skie's not there! But Safana would be my second choice. BG2 ruined Imoen for me. I find Imoen really annoying in BG2.
    Calmar said:

I bet Shoal the Nereid is, like, real hawt'n stuff. I'd totally romance her if she didn't kiss me dead.

Yeah. :D Drowned by affection.
    I'd like Desreta and Vay-ya to show me Entropy, if you know what I mean. Wait...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    Awong124 said:

Skie's not there! But Safana would be my second choice. BG2 ruined Imoen for me. I find Imoen really annoying in BG2.

How did BG2 ruin Imoen for you? She was barely present in the first game. My only beef with her in BG2 is that it takes so long for you to get her.
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
    I am really upset by all the Imoen votes.

I know I'm probably going to regret this, but..."ladyboy"?

I'll leave this here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C80DJibiAE

I know I'm probably going to regret this, but..."ladyboy"?

I'll leave this here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C80DJibiAE
    Original Poster had better RuPologize to Safana!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I like Shar-Teel, always had a weak spot for bad girls, but she's a bit... how can i say this... well... let's just say i'm a bit afraid of the crazy bitch turn to me and say "now turn around cos it's my turn", this really freaks me out!!!

By the way, from where you took the idea that safana is transexual? That's to avoid that every vote goes to her? She's my first choice in the list (as a born woman just to state a point!).
    @scary_wizard it's okay just rupalogize OP. But thanks for catching the reference and team willam for life.

@kamuizin there is a difference between a t-girl and a ladyboy. Let me clear it up for you in a fun Baldurs Gate way! Safanna is more like a lady boy, Faldorn is a genderfuck angry cross dresser, Sharteel is a transexual whose doctor said screw it #yolo halfway durring her opperation hence that voice and hatered for all men. Edwin is a drag queen. I'mI hope to have helped and gave you a deeper understanding of your local NPCs
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Just the one vote for Khalid? I think he's adorable!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Alora.

Cuz I'm a perv.
    @Drugar Pedobear!!!
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2013
    Instead of romancing i would force every female under my boots and let them all worship their master, me. So thats what they have to do dealing with a CE guy in BGEE. I´m all evil and a proud guy who thinks I´m a man and you nothing :D

And now that i come to this cool plan why not include the option of mastery? Kind of enslaving the romancable females instead of babbling all along your quest! I think thats just fair... if you can romance a dude as a dude why not give us the option of reflecting the actuall role females had in the medieval ages. To serve and to do and not to ask why;) And if they start to act out-of-role just declare her as a witch and boom shes on fire...
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    kamuizin said:

By the way, from where you took the idea that safana is transexual?

It's probably the combination of her husky voice and her over-exaggerated femininity.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Only through Bhaal's essence...
    edited August 2013
    Mortianna said:

kamuizin said:

By the way, from where you took the idea that safana is transexual?

It's probably the combination of her husky voice and her over-exaggerated femininity.
    She's too feminist to be an previous member of "male society", or maybe she's a very broken transex person... damn this is messing with my mind in soooo many ways... i had a fetish for her as a bad girl, someone that don't just cry or try to mother me when i provoke!

Always tought she would fit well in BG2 (same with Skie if Eldoth was removed from the equation), all that relation with angelo, reasons to hate her father, to do what she does, so many histories uncounted...
    @kamuizin I think you're confusing safanna and shar-teel? Also I always thought that Safanna is an overly exagerated female character that uses her girly/sensual/sexual side in a very masculine way by manipulating everyone she comes in contact with.
    edited August 2013

@kamuizin I think you're confusing safanna and shar-teel? Also I always thought that Safanna is an overly exagerated female character that uses her girly/sensual/sexual side in a very masculine way by manipulating everyone she comes in contact with.

She and Shar-Teel NEEEEEED banter.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I'd date Alora with a halfling Charname. At last someone of his own size.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I really don't understand the apprehension about Alora's height as some kind of pervy or pedophilic thing. You guys do understand that adult halflings are fully formed and mature, right? They're exactly like normal people, but smaller.