Skip to content

***SPOILERS WITHIN*** You can't romance them - but you wish you could

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2013
    Yeah Yeah, but you know the feeling when you're into a night club for 18+ years (adult age in my country) and then come that little sweet missy in the party, you know she must have 18+, you know she's pretty and you really want to do your move, but even if a bit tell me, did you never feel a little bad about the issue, as if you where about to hit a little girl?

I don't know about the others, but i always had this issues in moments like that, nothing to worry as i tend to overcome these issues (and normally i make my move XD!), but then, the feeling is there, is always there, as a tiny piece of guilt that rationally we know it's unjustified, but it's still there.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    It's even more confusing for dwarves, dwarven women start growing their beards when they're around 12. It's really confusing!
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323

I really don't understand jokes.

Yes. Yes you don't.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited August 2013
    We need a Satyrion option. I would ro his mance.

They need to re-write Forgotten Realms canon so Satyrion kills Drizzt.

If you do make a BG II poll, include acromotophilia in Aerie's poll option comment. ...I still feel really bad about all the amputee remarks I make about her, and that time I shut her down so I could romance Nalia.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited August 2013
    The fact Imoen is your sister really should have been revealed earlier in BG1. I really don't understand why this has been kept from the player so long.
    I understand that the whole bhaalspawn thing was a sorta secret. But they could have easily clarified that both you AND her were Gorion's ward's and grew up as siblings.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I'm not sure the developers themselves knew that Imoen was a Bhaalspawn when they wrote BG1. Imoen was a late addition to the game - the developers realized at a late stage that if the player didn't play a thief, their only option to have a thief at the start of the game would be Montaron who is evil and at least borderline insane. So they added a "little sister" who was a thief and could be dualed to mage. This is also the reason why Immy has so little banter with the other NPCs.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    taltamir said:

The fact Imoen is your sister really should have been revealed earlier in BG1. I really don't understand why this has been kept from the player so long.
    I understand that the whole bhaalspawn thing was a sorta secret. But they could have easily clarified that both you AND her were Gorion's ward's and grew up as siblings.

"Face ME! FACE THE NEW LORD OF MURDER! Also, that girl in the robes/leather -- yeah, that one? SHE IS YOUR SISTER."
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

taltamir said:

The fact Imoen is your sister really should have been revealed earlier in BG1.

Nah, they should've let you romance her in BG instead. And then reveal she is your half-sister in BG2. Hah. Imagine the reactions...

I'm not sure the developers themselves knew that Imoen was a Bhaalspawn when they wrote BG1. Imoen was a late addition to the game - the developers realized at a late stage that if the player didn't play a thief, their only option to have a thief at the start of the game would be Montaron who is evil and at least borderline insane. So they added a "little sister" who was a thief and could be dualed to mage. This is also the reason why Immy has so little banter with the other NPCs.

What he said.
    Even her soundset was something they just happened to have lying around so they figured "what the heck" and implemented it. The BG2 plot would've had her as the final villain, but they changed that as the last minute too (which is why she doesn't have any dialogue after Spellhold either, unless you mod it in).
    Imoen gets shafted a lot when it comes to dialogue and/or interjections but she remains a fan favorite. Odd.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

taltamir said:

"Face ME! FACE THE NEW LORD OF MURDER! Also, that girl in the robes/leather -- yeah, that one? SHE IS YOUR SISTER."
    Or:

Imoen: Charname, I am your sister.

Charname: NOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!

:D
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2013

taltamir said:

The fact Imoen is your sister really should have been revealed earlier in BG1.

Nah, they should've let you romance her in BG instead. And then reveal she is your half-sister in BG2. Hah. Imagine the reactions...
    For full effect the reveal should come just after the banter where Imoen reveals she is pregnant by you (and she's planning to name the baby Winthrop)

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited August 2013
    Drugar said:

The BG2 plot would've had her as the final villain, but they changed that as the last minute too.

[SPOILER]That is not true. Imoen was supposed to be killed by Irenicus in Spellhold.[/SPOILER]
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Drugar said:

Imoen gets shafted a lot when it comes to dialogue and/or interjections but she remains a fan favorite. Odd.

Dialogue and interjections aren't good by default.

Where do you all know that info anyway? About Imoen being last-minute addition or that she saw supposed to die in Spellhold?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @blackchimes
    [SPOILER]Time ago David Gaider wrote a long article dedicated to BG2 UB (Haer'Dalis quests, Valygar-Suna Seni relationship, Yoshimo's return in Throne of Bhaal and so on). He mentioned the original fate of Imoen in that occasion.[/SPOILER]
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    AHF said:

AHF said:

The romance that isn't there that always bugs me is that I can't hook up the gnome and the paladin outside the paladin headquarters in Athkala in BG2. Both of them express interest and then there is nothing you can do.

I thought that that storyline ended up with the gnome and paladin hooking up? (It's been a number of years since I played BG2, but I'm pretty sure that is how things turn out if you keep visiting the Order.)
    I am going to have to pick BG2 back up and take another run through for this. I have probably talked to those two over 100 times in my BG2 runs and just have never been persistant enough to ever get past a certain point in their dialogue tree. I remember many times going by the paladin stronghold for the sole purpose of trying to do something with the two of them but I don't spend a lot of time around there for any other reason. Since I'd never seen it develop, I thought it was an unfinished line.

If there are any special requirements, can someone post them in a spoiler tag? I don't want to miss out again.
    Any thoughts on this, @elminster or @Thrasymachus ?

I really don't understand the apprehension about Alora's height as some kind of pervy or pedophilic thing. You guys do understand that adult halflings are fully formed and mature, right? They're exactly like normal people, but smaller.

Plus, if male halflings can date Viconia, Jahiera and Aerie and no one has an issue, I don't see a problem with the role reversal.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    AHF said:

AHF said:

AHF said:

The romance that isn't there that always bugs me is that I can't hook up the gnome and the paladin outside the paladin headquarters in Athkala in BG2. Both of them express interest and then there is nothing you can do.

I thought that that storyline ended up with the gnome and paladin hooking up? (It's been a number of years since I played BG2, but I'm pretty sure that is how things turn out if you keep visiting the Order.)
    I am going to have to pick BG2 back up and take another run through for this. I have probably talked to those two over 100 times in my BG2 runs and just have never been persistant enough to ever get past a certain point in their dialogue tree. I remember many times going by the paladin stronghold for the sole purpose of trying to do something with the two of them but I don't spend a lot of time around there for any other reason. Since I'd never seen it develop, I thought it was an unfinished line.

If there are any special requirements, can someone post them in a spoiler tag? I don't want to miss out again.
    I think the only requirement is time and patience. You may have to leave the map, rest, and go back from time to time. As far as I know you can watch it before you go to spellhold.
    edited August 2013
    elminster said:

AHF said:

AHF said:

AHF said:

I think the only requirement is time and patience. You may have to leave the map, rest, and go back from time to time. As far as I know you can watch it before you go to spellhold.
    I will just plug at it on the next run then. I have usually hit it about 3-6 times a run and just never gotten anywhere with it. Thanks!
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    shes only my sister due to the bhaal thing which means we arent even really siblings since he didn't really add any genetic code just a little of his essance
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Safana is a bad girl, not Shar-Teel. (Man hater doesn't mean bad girl.)

Safana is a conniving, manipulative slut....which is exactly why I like her. I'll do her bidding, so long as she delivers for me.

I don't know if you'd call that romance, but it's what I want.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Imoen's not your sister.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Tresset said:

I can sorta change the color of my post... Watch!

Wouldn't it be cool if Delainy (the werewolf island love interest) were to come back as a playable character in BG2:EE and you could romance her? Or the guy? What is his name?
    [spoiler]Yeah, Delainy was probably the character I would most want to romance in BG1. I always kept the belladonna flowers (that she asked me to get... for me) as a keepsake.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    I've always had a thing for the whiny submissive guys (Alister DA:O; Carth KOTOR; Kaiden ME) in Bioware games.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Noober. That would be....interesting. He would just stalk charname saying what about now over and over
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    doggy said:

Noober. That would be....interesting. He would just stalk charname saying what about now over and over

Having sex with Noober, he'd be like, "did you come yet?"

Then after every thrust he'd ask, "what about now?"
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    photo mely.jpg

Oh Amelyssan, be still my heart.

1) She's not crazy - smart, yes, ambitious, hoo boy, conniving, the definition thereof, but not crazy. People pining for Xvar worry me far more.
    2) Legs for days!
    3) She intimidates lesser men.
    4) All the legions of fanboys are locked in battle, Highlander-style, for the chance to get Viconia to say "Hi" to them; there is much less competition for Mely.
    5) She is probably just misunderstood, lol.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited September 2013
    /
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

photo mely.jpg

Oh Amelyssan, be still my heart.

1) She's not crazy - smart, yes, ambitious, hoo boy, conniving, the definition thereof, but not crazy. People pining for Xvar worry me far more.
    2) Legs for days!
    3) She intimidates lesser men.
    4) All the legions of fanboys are locked in battle, Highlander-style, for the chance to get Viconia to say "Hi" to them; there is much less competition for Mely.
    5) She is probably just misunderstood, lol.

Haha. Admit it, you only like her because she has long legs. I don't blame you.

• Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I would personally like to see a romance option for most charnames but of all the NPCs I'm aware of I'd like to see Nalia get a romance option. I would like to see Haer'Dalis as an option as well.